16 candles in the '58 edsel'

No
Not enough time, inclination or financial motivation.
We can generate far more bang for our buck developing & tweaking what we currently have for funded associates & long standing punters.

There are only so many hours in a day & we enjoy our downtime too much + señor speedybump breaks out in hives if he has to concentrate for longer than 17 minutes at a time.

They earn, we earn & everyone’s a happy camper.

not 16 minutes then?! :slight_smile:

haha, nice one.

No not 16 - he’s a wildling from north of the wall, some place beyond Skipton.
It’s so cold & barren up there time slows down so he needs to add a minute when he stomps into civilised lands.

aye that may be so my lovelies, but when it comes to churning out music there’s no-one to touch us wildlings!

This has been a long but great read.

Will start testing on demo account.

Thanks to all contributors.

[quote=“sketcher, post:1201, topic:71504”]Although it’s a 24/7 scan/filter which is designed for high turnover, multiple round trips, it only executes when specific conditions come into play.
The engines perform all the work but they still need to be switched off at the appropriate times.[/quote]
That’s where most people come unstuck when applying automation. You really do need to know when to hit the pause button to maximise their effectiveness. Varying your approaches won’t do any harm either, as you’re primed for the constantly changing volatility that’s been noticeably evident this year across most markets.

Sounds like it’s progressing well.
Good for you.

You really can’t argue that point. You only need to take a look around most forums to see the constant struggles & frustrations experienced by the majority attempting to self-educate from books, courses & pseudo experts. It rarely ends well.

That makes perfect sense.
Like anything worth its salt, if the quality is that good it won’t need pimping.

I still haven’t got to where the previous poster is, but agree with dts, from what I’ve read so far, the thread throws up some entertaining & interesting discussions. I look forward to continuing.

Are you guys (incl broker side) witnessing any uplift in like-for-like algo data set activity out there currently? I don’t see much pressure of any significance either side of the price axis across any regional pairings - I’m referencing fx by the way.

There’s still plenty of action across other markets, but I’m not seeing much in currency blocks, especially last week. Not normally surprising of course given time of year, but with brexit & other developments high on the agenda I’m not seeing any particular uplift or extension of any noticeable degree.

[quote=“corin, post:1208, topic:71504”]
Are you guys (incl broker side) witnessing any uplift in like-for-like algo data set activity out there currently?[/quote]
T’was the night before xmas when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

As you correctly note, time of year & large doses of lethargy are contributing to nothing worth writing home about.
Apparently, usual candidates were visible on fx into late november/early december on one or two majors & crosses each-way off key levels, but they’re only nibbling in patches into years end, grabbing fast profits as has been the norm of late, or squaring up accounts that are actually still profitable.

Money was made in fx this year during 2nd & 3rd quarters chasing the buck down the ladder & the euro up it. Outside of that sector it was being put to work in the momentum candidates riding longs in palladium, US & Asian stock markets & other in-form commodities. Same on the short side with sugar, natural gas & orange juice the primary form horses.

These guys here, sketcher/corpellan et al, on similar objectives but smaller financial exposure, have existing business still in play, on some of the above which most smaller outfits still have, but from hereon in it’s purely a squaring & flattening exercise on fx specifically.

The guys haven’t reported any noticeable event driven size to get excited about from anywhere within currencies this quarter. The bulk of the profitable bets have been laid on the aforementioned this year across the auto execution routes.

Sufficient capitalisation allows you to always dabble where the action is. It not only ups the probability factor but also spreads the risk. Same deal, to a certain extent, applies if you’re playing exclusive fx.
Work smarter not harder by riding & maximising current momentum.

what do you do corin?

I rig currency price data for a UK clearer :wink:
Used to do it for a prime broker, but the grub & tea is a notch or two more palatable in the bank dining rooms.

Ho ho ho….one of the real important tasks then!
It’s not the one with its own shoe-shine boy in the executive restroom by any chance?

When you hit the required minimum post count, fire off a pm to Scott (double echo) & jjay.
You all can swap war stories.

Nah, it’s bound to be the one who double dips their cucumbers before serving them up in neat little triangle sandwiches with the crusts cut off for high tea meetings on the 5th floor. Aint that right Scotty boy?!

Those old school tie types sure know how to entertain.
Obviously that excludes you jay having been dragged up on the wrong side of the tracks - you just struck lucky on the final interview when the chief recruiter was sick with man flu & the HR bird took a shine to your pretty features.

On the subject of ho ho ho’s, where are those 2 americano lassies with their christmas jing-a-lings??
I’d like to request another festive tune by those sexy jap girlies pleeeze, like wot you presented the past couple years…they must have a stockpile of them ready for our pleasures

[quote=“double_6, post:1213, topic:71504”]
Nah, it’s bound to be the one who double dips their cucumbers before serving them up in neat little triangle sandwiches with the crusts cut off for high tea meetings on the 5th floor.[/quote]
:slight_smile: You’re far too familiar with them for my liking!

But alas, it’s the one 3 doors down across the road where you have to know the “handshake” just to get past Mervyn on the door.

it’s as if they recorded it solely with you in mind billy!

apologies, but it’s a re-re-re-repeat of years gone by
it is a seasonal classic though
enjoy :slight_smile:

There could be an interesting long opportunity on EUR/NZD if it would replicate the last weeks behaviour…

There’s always each-way opportunity in everything my man, & I imagine if you’ve been absorbing the content you’ll be aware of the usual high probability prompters cast amongst the pages to offer you a likely side to choose at any time a pair sets up with said opportunity?

Since the beginning of December after it tagged it’s yearly highs it’s turned a tad sour don’t you think?
It’s slipped a couple of lower tops & dropped last week’s + yesterday’s lows to boot, not to mention slipped a big round number earlier today.

The usual exponents of this concept would be short this pair based on recent current themes, moving to neutral if any of the important session levels get violated & then looking for longs as & when the momentum/pressure dictated so.

Bearing in mind what this background/foreground profile dictates, what will you personally be seeking in order to encourage you to place your money down on the long side of this pair at the moment & keep you there?

Hi Compact, of course it is on a down trend on 4H TF and I wouldn’t commit any money until I’ll see a change in it’s behavior (HL and HH on 4h tf and/or strong buying) but I thought it was interesting to take an eye on it.
An other interesting pair is GBP/AUD, but the situation is quite similar and we should wait and see if the level 1.7550-1.7590 holds.

Yeah, if you were looking for higher probability long opportunities on currencies based in that neck of the woods, you’d perhaps have been eyeing candidates such as the kiwi v/s swiss, yen & perhaps cad as a back pocket reserve.

Reason being they were all primed to continue challenging key session levels to the topside, whilst using their respective round numbers as buffer/gauge points. Oil could be pitched into that group too for similar reasons.

To be honest if you’re focused exclusively on fx it’s lacklustre at best out there generally at this time of year for obvious reasons, but there’ll often be the odd bit of value if you look close enough.

The plus points with this concept however is the fact you can spot those value candidates very quickly & easily given the framework they key off.

[quote=“compact, post:1220, topic:71504”]
Reason being they were all primed to continue challenging key session levels to the topside, whilst using their respective round numbers as buffer/gauge points.

The plus points with this concept however is the fact you can spot those value candidates very quickly & easily given the framework they key off.[/quote]
ftse & spx to the upside + gold & silver to the downside would also have ticked those boxes too I assume, considering they’re the strongest performers highlighting continuation momentum pressure – that’s if I’ve understood your graded filtering process correctly?

Indeed you have & yes they would.
But then I’d be very surprised if you didn’t given your background.

It’s not exactly the most difficult concept to wrap ones head around & apply consistently.