16 candles in the '58 edsel'

Nah, it’s bound to be the one who double dips their cucumbers before serving them up in neat little triangle sandwiches with the crusts cut off for high tea meetings on the 5th floor. Aint that right Scotty boy?!

Those old school tie types sure know how to entertain.
Obviously that excludes you jay having been dragged up on the wrong side of the tracks - you just struck lucky on the final interview when the chief recruiter was sick with man flu & the HR bird took a shine to your pretty features.

On the subject of ho ho ho’s, where are those 2 americano lassies with their christmas jing-a-lings??
I’d like to request another festive tune by those sexy jap girlies pleeeze, like wot you presented the past couple years…they must have a stockpile of them ready for our pleasures

[quote=“double_6, post:1213, topic:71504”]
Nah, it’s bound to be the one who double dips their cucumbers before serving them up in neat little triangle sandwiches with the crusts cut off for high tea meetings on the 5th floor.[/quote]
:slight_smile: You’re far too familiar with them for my liking!

But alas, it’s the one 3 doors down across the road where you have to know the “handshake” just to get past Mervyn on the door.

it’s as if they recorded it solely with you in mind billy!

apologies, but it’s a re-re-re-repeat of years gone by
it is a seasonal classic though
enjoy :slight_smile:

There could be an interesting long opportunity on EUR/NZD if it would replicate the last weeks behaviour…

There’s always each-way opportunity in everything my man, & I imagine if you’ve been absorbing the content you’ll be aware of the usual high probability prompters cast amongst the pages to offer you a likely side to choose at any time a pair sets up with said opportunity?

Since the beginning of December after it tagged it’s yearly highs it’s turned a tad sour don’t you think?
It’s slipped a couple of lower tops & dropped last week’s + yesterday’s lows to boot, not to mention slipped a big round number earlier today.

The usual exponents of this concept would be short this pair based on recent current themes, moving to neutral if any of the important session levels get violated & then looking for longs as & when the momentum/pressure dictated so.

Bearing in mind what this background/foreground profile dictates, what will you personally be seeking in order to encourage you to place your money down on the long side of this pair at the moment & keep you there?

Hi Compact, of course it is on a down trend on 4H TF and I wouldn’t commit any money until I’ll see a change in it’s behavior (HL and HH on 4h tf and/or strong buying) but I thought it was interesting to take an eye on it.
An other interesting pair is GBP/AUD, but the situation is quite similar and we should wait and see if the level 1.7550-1.7590 holds.

Yeah, if you were looking for higher probability long opportunities on currencies based in that neck of the woods, you’d perhaps have been eyeing candidates such as the kiwi v/s swiss, yen & perhaps cad as a back pocket reserve.

Reason being they were all primed to continue challenging key session levels to the topside, whilst using their respective round numbers as buffer/gauge points. Oil could be pitched into that group too for similar reasons.

To be honest if you’re focused exclusively on fx it’s lacklustre at best out there generally at this time of year for obvious reasons, but there’ll often be the odd bit of value if you look close enough.

The plus points with this concept however is the fact you can spot those value candidates very quickly & easily given the framework they key off.

[quote=“compact, post:1220, topic:71504”]
Reason being they were all primed to continue challenging key session levels to the topside, whilst using their respective round numbers as buffer/gauge points.

The plus points with this concept however is the fact you can spot those value candidates very quickly & easily given the framework they key off.[/quote]
ftse & spx to the upside + gold & silver to the downside would also have ticked those boxes too I assume, considering they’re the strongest performers highlighting continuation momentum pressure – that’s if I’ve understood your graded filtering process correctly?

Indeed you have & yes they would.
But then I’d be very surprised if you didn’t given your background.

It’s not exactly the most difficult concept to wrap ones head around & apply consistently.

True. But in my experience the better models rarely are.
You’ve presented & developed a good quality thread with sensible content.

Definitely a keeper.

…just remember william, if you don’t go to sleep santa won’t drop thru the chimney!

1 Like

He’ll have a hell of a job dropping this beauty down my chimney missy.

At least your jing-a-ling is an original, which is more than can be said for that lazy sister of yours. It must be all that stress she’s under these days occupying the big leather swivel chair slinging quality malt down her throat & puffing on those hand rolled cubans!

1 Like

I’ve clocked your bonus cheque for this quarter & the only car santa will peddling up the front drive of your gaff next weekend is this one matey boy!

7 Likes

she recognised quality when she saw it billy boy :wink:
nice car by the way…i’ll see if i can get santa to drop off a nice chunky rupert scarf, wooly hat & anti-slip grippers for your shiny shoes so they don’t slip off the peddles lol

2 Likes

[quote=“double_6, post:1225, topic:71504”]He’ll have a hell of a job dropping this beauty down my chimney missy.
[/quote]

4 Likes

The probability percentage values on those would have been quite high then leading up the continuation breakout levels?

Certainly in comparison to everything else on the usual watch lists within those instrument tree’s? :slight_smile:

ha ha…me thinks you’ve played a similar game before me does.
Care to take a little stab at putting the runners in the correct traps?

From a visual/manual viewpoint it would be the indices & kiwi pairs with the commodities bringing up the rear & I might be able to take a wild guess at some of the factors used to grade the PV criteria, but what I don’t know is what constitutes priority versus non-priority inclusion or how often the programmes update the instrument tree’s based on that criteria.

Clever filtering though, & I imagine a huge time saver, especially if you’ve configured it for stocks too.
Wyntac, sketcher & corpellan are indeed fortunate beneficiaries.

They’re in constant motion. It’s a 24/7 cycle that filters the opportunities into the same 3 step tier that we’ve suggested folks use via the manual set up. Sure, there’s a bit more going on beneath the surface that gets added to the pot, but the generics remain intact.

1. A list
  2. B list (back burner)
  3. Off the radar

Obviously a machine will do way more heavy lifting than any human could, thus the opportunity triggers will be significantly higher because it’s filtering & grading hundreds of instruments every minute of the day. Even the live gambles will attract attention as & when they begin to exhaust according to the criteria & objectives primed at outset.

From a manual perspective, again we’ve suggested that might well be a session or round number level that slips or violates or perhaps an average day or weekly range percentage that becomes extended.

Frameworks & structures, if solid enough will stand up to close inspection regardless of how they’re engineered.

It kinda saves time twice.
Not only does it cover much more ground by having the numbers crunched by a machine, but it also pitches instruments up into the B & A lists often before they begin buzzing around the usual breakout/continuation levels.

As an example, if an instrument has (temporarily?) exhausted & is slipping from highs/moving off lows but the structure isn’t violating prior key session levels, the filter will pitch it straight onto the A list from off the radar well before the next potential breakout level comes into view. Often that can be a week or half a week ahead of when most participants would generally begin to place their bets.

The system then grades the bet, grades the stake & apportions a risk value. If it progresses a pyramiding structure is applied, if it slips the bet is either flattened or cashed out according to the risk exposure.