16 candles in the '58 edsel'

it’s friday night
…& it’s time to dance!

Now you’re talkin!
Sweet smooth groovin…

coz i do a good job of hiding it from the tunes swapster each time he brings a fresh bunch to town.
this one has evaded him too…for now :wink:

Apologies - I did not make a quality post this weekend as noted earlier. I’m being humbled by what I do not grasp. I’ve learned ‘as I was once told’ you read a math book much differently than you read a novel, that I need to be reading with the same attention as I would a math book.

• cator, your post was perfect for me. Thanks!!!

So at the moment feeling overwhelmed, yet still conscious to what I am trying to accomplish.

I also need to make ‘lifestyle’ changes, as to be able to take advantage of this technique properly (ie adjust my sleeping habits) – - - don’t mistake this for it not working for me . . . it is an exciting step actually. . I have something so solid and concrete, that it is WORTH IT. I never imagined that this type of fat free activity even could possibly exist, let alone work.

I would be so excited to learn, if there is such a great thing for trend line reversals?, but likely I do have enough to digest at the moment - - -

:32:

I want to emphasize how much I appreciate this, not sure how to do that via a general post in a forum. . . :33: maybe someday I will think of something.

For now

[B][/THANKSB]

You already have.
Just actually using is appreciation enough.

It might only be a no-frills basic template but if you can get in sync with it you won’t need anything else to engage a trending market.
It can be operated & employed across any timeframe combination you choose depending on your specific risk appetite & preferred time horizon objectives because the structure is the same regardless.

Session, day, swing or multi-rollover – it’ll get the job done.
Providing of course it fits your personality & you don’t make the mistake most do of trying to reinvent the wheel.

Good luck & enjoy applying it!

[B]Tom ‘t-bone’ Wolk[/B]
[B]1951 - 2010[/B]

Hi all,

Just studying and learning and ‘seeing’. So I am seeing almost a several candlestick pattern that seems to develop in the hook methodology. I cannot put my finger on it, nor technically speak to it - but I can see a resemblence anyhow.

Is this me trying to force things, or are there, “looks” that are consistent through some of these hooks?

It’s strongly recommended you refrain from either smoking or sniffing recreational substances whilst placing bets on financial instruments – it can lead to severe consequences including, but not limited to acute anxiety, hallucinatory episodes & strong urges to remove all your clothing & run round the office naked…isn’t that right apache! :slight_smile:

Let me give you a friendly nudge & slide this passage in front of you again;

Added to that, have you seen anyone else here recommend you pay any attention to anything other than what’s been presented?

We’re not aware of, nor have we received feedback from those employing this template over the years of any such evidence to support or highlight that observation I’m afraid. If we had you would know about it.

No need to force or look too hard for anything ------ just follow the recipe;
Identify & filter the higher probability trending candidates from your instrument tree
Toggle to your preferred foreground trigger chart
Wait for the appropriate set up & hit play.

Hi all - I’ve been tasked with - -

"From today start posting only your background choices on the thread in order to obtain feedback on your identification & flitering process. Forget everything else (including entries) for the time being until you can conduct this basic element blindfolded!

You’re going to need to inform the guys which background chart you’re focusing on & why."

because I am lacking.

I do apologize for this first attempt , I cannot upload pics. as I am at work at the moment.

I have 5 background pairs and I’ve bolded the two that I think are more in line than the others.

AUD/JPY Background is 4 hr charts (long) Why - broke yesterdays high keeping HH HL intact.

GBP/AUD 4hr (short) Why- bounce off daily trendline - break of 1.93300 prev. support.

[B]EUR/CAD 1hr (short)[/B] Why - stochs on background chart near 80 - yesterday high still holding at the moment - new LL yesterday

GBP/CAD 4 hr (short) Why - lack of HH HL structure - in line with dominant trend - yesterday high still holding at the moment (however yesterday did put in a HL from that low on the 26th)

[B]CAD/JPY 4hr (long)[/B] simply a LL - followed by a HH - stochs on background also reaching 20 level

I can post pics later.

AltTab - still laughing at your first paragraph. And thanks for the nudge. . . as noted about - I struggle with the first step. BACKGROUND!

eurcad – agreed. Recent pressure is obviously to the downside (see daily chart).

audjpy – is a neutral based on the current few month’s activity (see daily chart). Agree with your 4 hour view, but I’d personally stick this one on the reserve list.

gbpaud – is a neutral based on the current few month’s activity (see daily chart). One to stick back into the pack for future consideration.

Gbpcad – another one to relegate to the pack for future consideration due to the reasons you’ve highlighted. It’s busted the current week’s highs & negated the flow structure on that timeframe.

Cadjpy – way too scrappy. Another one to relegate back into the pack for future consideration.

SO, eurcad is a goer.
What do you think about the structure of eurnzd as an alternative candidate to keep eurcad company on your watch list?
Do you perhaps think that one trumps the other 4 for any obvious reaons?

Take a peek at eurusd & eurgbp too as viable reserves for the watch list.
Do you like the look of the longer term structure on those?
How do their weekly/daily structures compare with those of audjpy, gbpaud, gbpcad & cadjpy?
Smoother?
Similar?
Scrappier?

:slight_smile: yeah i’ve already seen it

you better delete that little ditty & sharpish otherwise you’ll be chased down the street by a baying mob armed with a bucket of tar & a sack full of feathers!

16 hourly candles thru the breakout of tuesday’s low into wednesday’s lows on that pair.

• another 16 hourly candles thru the breakout lows of yesterday into today’s low.

Momentum cooking on candle gas!!

Thanks cator - also Thanks volan for putting up the charts as a visual aid.

As you state cator I believe the eurnzd does trump all 4 others that I mentioned as far as background goes.
None of the pairs I mentioned are smoother.
The cadjpy - looks like crud.
The other two I think I see some pressure building - but ‘in the thick of it’ vs the eurnzd is simply looking to continue on its happy path.

I feel like saying the other two were showing some pressure down/up (each doing opposing pressure) but then turned and is seeming to have pressure going the other direction. Where on the other hand the eurnzd - just momentarily paused - did not really pose a charge in the upward direction.

eurusd and eurgbp - wkly background very tidy - in fact very similar daily background.
vs.
audjpy - feb - march 18 choppy - march 18-curent - solid move down/then back up
(but in comparison -still choppy)
vs.
gbpaud
can we chat about this one a bit - - on a monthly- look to long it - seems to be a 'pullback’
wkly - however has made a LH,
all other t.f. - negate the thought of going long?

gbpcad
similar to the gbpaud canundrum just above.

cadjpy
as mentioned before looks like feces

What you have to appreciate Perch Tird is that sometimes there might only be 1 or 2 clear cut, high probability pairs setting up & in play related to this [B][U]specific template[/U][/B]. And please correct me if I’m wrong, but have you not been advised that 2 or 3 maximum is all you require to pull forward onto your trigger chart?

Occasionally there won’t even be that amount & you’ll have to be satisfied with just the odd pair. You are only concerned with participating in the [U]highest probability[/U] opportunities. You will always discard & relegate more than you accept.

Don’t be afraid of being choosy!

If you’re struggling to identify anything worthwhile to consider betting on from your background structure then you’re simply going to have to wait until the market opens out & begins setting up again.

I’m sure Tessa & whoever else you’ve communicated privately with, stressed the importance of maintaining patience when applying this template?

There won’t be an abundance of opportunities setting up every week & to be honest there are only 2 or 3 decent background profiles in play at the moment worth consideration. You have identified one & the other 2 have been pointed out to you. You’re looking way too hard & trying to make a case for stuff that simply doesn’t make the grade.

You identified eurcad so you know the type of criteria you should be looking for.
Continue to strive for that standard when prioritizing your filter.

You’ve only been on here a couple weeks.
Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Slow down & take your time.

Most of them roll over & add providing the cycle remains intact, as it has into late week trade.

Dan’s punters tend to nibble more intraday, but futures claim most of that business than spot.
Unsurprisingly, a few have been making hay on euro pairs all week, apparently even one or two who don’t normally play that game.

They reported very good business yesterday on eurjpy, spiking this morning as last week’s lows crumbled.
But yeah, the hook play has yielded another decent week on the focus pairs.

In my 6 pairs statement - I did include 3 mentioned in recent posts - and found 1 additional pair that seemed to be matching what the eurusd and eurgbp were doing . . . .
and 2 of them were more like questioning - as I noted a monthly background looks like a nice pullback - and the weekly and below time frames contradicted that behavior - - again at work – so I don’t have picture ability.

But anyway THANKS TO ALL of you . .

So for next week - Identify at most 3 very ‘perfect’ candidates, I assume, it may be unusual, for a pair to come into consideration midweek?

Providing there are 3 available.
The objective is to toggle thru your instrument tree & pitch 2 or 3 of the more promising candidates up onto your watch-list so you have a choice to bet with.

A better description then perfect would be higher probability. The type of candidates the guys have presented to you on here.

They’ve highlighted & compared the more ideal type of candidates alongside the lower probability ones to offer you a clear visual of the differences. Those are the types of activity you’re seeking to get involved with.

Try as you might Jason, you’re rarely going to encounter a pitch perfect scenario.
The best you can do is to identify & filter the clearer/cleaner biased pairs exhibiting potential for trending continuation.

As they’ve said, sometimes they’ll be in abundance & you’ll be spoilt for choice, other times they’ll be as scarce as Santa in August. But as usual, at some point the market will provide the stimulus for a high probability opportunity or 2 for you to avail yourself of.

Until that happens you have to practice patience!

Depends on your objectives & field of view.
If you’re betting a short term view, daytrading for instance, then its quite feasable for opportunities to present themselves midweek.

so I am attempting gbpaud - long - here in a few minutes - as soon as the hook shows it’s face. 4 hr and 1hr background support this- however - daily is choppy.

edited - -yay for S.L. what a move it made?? wow.