3 Ducks based EA

This is the updated one. Ignore the previous one.

Mt4-331458 System | Myfxbook

this is my myfxbook profile page:

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/plutus-demo/577949

Nice start with your 1st 2 closed trades in profit and your open trades making pips as well!

4 more open trades with positive now. Nice system.

I’m currently up 120pips.

Yeah seems like very nice system. Im also profitable atm but keep in mind our track record is still just about a week and a lot of losing systems could have great week too so i would wait and see how it performs for the next one month. Thanks for coding this. Looks like it has really good potential

agree with that

anyone know trade manager EA where we put SL at BEP once we reach certain pips? Let’s say currently we are floating +25 pips then that EA automatically change SL to BEP. This might come in handy. Not only for my manual trades in live account but also for this EA (considering it keeps making new orders all the time).

saw ur recent post at sheriffonline EA thread. U learning PA too? I learning PA too recently. LOL!

yeah i have been learning and trading live with PA but confirmed with indies. I think that method (called freebies in forexfactory if you want to check it out) could be profitable in long run. I have been using that method and so far never had losing month even though my profit could be very small at times. I have also been learning on several other threads but eventually always use that method to trade live. Not sure why. maybe because I just like the fact that i never had 3 losses in a row there but again i only trade 2 pairs and never float 2 position at the same time (so only 1 position at the same time).

I think it also has potential if coded properly. However I think it’s hard to have a MT4 EA with lots of PA analysis so that’s why I wrote heiken ashi and stohastic as the alternative to PA (because the “freebies” thread owner also suggested newbies there to learn with HA candles and stohastic too). but i dunno. i never had any experience with EA. I think it would be great if anyone code it!

There’s one more method that i think would be great to be coded. This one is based on EMAs and TDI cross. I think i need to learn how to be EA coder myself. haha :o

I see… do u have any direct link to the freebies method? Hope to learn more about that.

I still finding profitable EA. Having a few EA but not consistent profit. Backtested for few years, performance not so good at earlier year. If not mistaken, coding mostly need some basics of C++ and Java I think.

I agree as well.

Very easy to code into the current EA. I will add it in.

this is the freebies method:

Price Action Trading with Indicators! The Freebie System @ Forex Factory

if you check on the first few pages (not sure which one) you would find out that Dredding (thread owner) also recommend to not look at heiken ashi and stohastic if we are already aware with PA.

The method itself is good when you only trade following the trend. im not sure for counter trend trades because i never tried them live. But honestly I could see some CT setups every day and a lot of them hit TP before reversing.

and I think this method might be good if we can make an EA based on it. But anyway let’s not continue to talk about that method here, it’d be irrelevant.

im wondering how do you backtest an EA? I see some traders can also do that but how? With which software?

hey how do I add “thanks” to someone post? lol.

It depends on your EA. I have 1 EA regarding the Breakout of London Open, that EA is easily backtest. I used the data from broker though some of them said it is not accurate. But I found that the results of backtest fit my demo account results.

But to be more accurate. You should download tick data and backtest using Mt4 (without log in , means remains offline) . This is the best method of backtest with higher accuracy. I can recommend u 1 link.

http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/52287-tutorial-complete-backtesting-analysis-setup-100-free.html

Clark explained well about all the steps and what you need for backtest. Can have a look there.

Hi,

Just to make you aware that I am now testing another EA on myfxbook account so you will see additional open trades, BUT, I have am using magic number on my EAs so the growth, history, trades stats, etc are set for Plutus Trend EA.

The open trades have comments so you will be able to identify between the trades.

@shane thanks, gonna check on it

@aidysproule, zeus trend? Is this based on zeus fx EA or something? That famous one?

hello i just want to requote the answer you posted yesterday because this one can be crucial to the EA itself tbh.

1. i can find the option “findhighlowbars” which you set to default to 10. does it mean this one is already enabled by default? Because according to your comment above, it seems like the EA doesn’t set pending orders above/below previous high/low. If it’s not enabled, how do i enable it? Which setting?

2. and you also said “to open pending trades as soon as the pair is trending”, what does it mean? As soon as the pair is trending, how do you define that in this EA? I dont know but personally I think the result might be better if we follow the 3 duck system exactly like what it is because it might be able to spot more fake setups. But again i dont know because i never tried 3 duck system manually myself

Hi rsg10z

Testing is easy and built into MT4. Just open MT4 go to View and select Strategy Tester, then just choose the time frame, the pair over which time period and the EA you want to backtest. Use the Expert properties button if you want to change ST or TP.

I have my own 3 Ducks EA which work exactly as I coded it and in line with the 3 Ducks but is only profitable on JPY pairs as they seem to trend better and only in 2013, so I have not offered it here for use as I think some form of volatility filter is needed for consistent performance.

I will try and post my results of back testing. The best pair I found on 2013 data is EURJPY or AUDUSD but only short.

If you want to learn about EA’s then I recommend “Expert Advisor Programming” by Andrew R Young, just over £20 from Amazon.

Happy Duck Hunting, Trader009.