3 Little Pigs Trading System

Aussie got taken out this morning with high of 9195 around 5.30am
AUDUSD Short from 9165 (18 Jul 12:00) stopped out at 9192 (19/7/13 4:00)

Hi Kashif314, if you’re late to the action on a trade I would wait for confirmation of a new signal. I check my signals every new 4 hour bar if possible. My pairs are AUDUSD, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY. I think the arrows define potential trades where the price has crossed the 4hr MA and stayed above it, but you would only be concerned with arrows in the same direction as the Daily and Weekly trend, ie if Daily and Weekly are UP then you would be looking for a green arrow. Hope this helps.

There was a trade yesterday evening in USDCHF when the Daily and Weekly finally went to Down
USDCHF Short from 9442 (18 Jul 20:00) stop 9475

Do you close trades over the weekend and reopen or do u just leave them open?

I tend to leave them open over the weekend

Thanks for the reply. Now I understood about arrows. You said that if you are late you wait for the next signal but how you determine that signal? A new arrow? What I mean is that in my previous example when we see a price is trending up for say like two days and we now see that the trend is still going up as confirmed by the other two time frames so what is suggested, Shall we wait to price pass a previous high? or a retracement and then enter? or wait for the trend to end and then enter when a new trend is established (But in that case we wont be finding many trades as we must also know that most of the action takes place when we are a sleep)?

[B]@harmonicphil and kneesup[/B]

You two trade 8 pairs only. harmonicphil stated in the opening post that he trade 8 pairs as mentioned in the manual but I look carefully and didn’t find anything about the pairs in the manual? What manual are you talking about? The ebook right? But where it is mentioned in the ebook please reply. Is it ok to trade other pairs with this strategy too? I want to know if anyone tested other pairs with this system and if this system is strictly for the 8 pairs only. Thanks.

[B]Current Stats:[/B]

-My AUDUSD trade went in a loss of -32 pips
-EURJPY was going good and I trailed the SL to 20 pips but suddenly their was a big reversal and my SL is taken so that trade ends up with +20 pips profit.
-USDJPY and EURUSD are both open with a little profit in both. Lets see how they go.

The problem is that Market is very volatile these days and specially in case of Yen pairs a 50 to 60 pips SL can be easily taken!

I always close my winning positions at weekends even if its 1 or two pips profit but today I was busy watching a match so my 2 positions left opened!

which match ?..is it cricket match between pakistan and west indies ?

I was pointed to this and so this is what I trade - Best Currency Pairs To Trade Infographic � Forex Useful

Yeah it was a nail biter. Match tied in the end but I felt as we lose the match!

Thanks a lot bro for the link. Got it :slight_smile:

My pleasure, some great infographics over there, my favourite being the one on realistic expectations, good weekend to all.

hello friends my name is mehul and i am a computer engineer and have good knowledge of most programing languages like C,C++,java,C#…so yesterday i decided to learn MQL and today just developed an indicator for this good strategy and with reference of other indicator…it just shows trend on 3 time frames so you do not need to switch between charts for different pairs…i will try to develop an EA in some days…

sorry i do not why i can not upload .mq4 or .ex4 file ?..it shows error that invalid file…so i have posted this in quote so do not mind it…so just create a new custom indicator and delete all from that and paste below quote in it…save it…compile it…use it…

YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP ME TO IMPROVE MY WORK AND WILL ENCOURAGE ME…THANKS…

REGARDS MEHUL POPAT

//±-----------------------------------------------------------------+
//| this is for 3 little pigs strategy given by “harmonicphil” |
//| this is developed by mehul popat (Computer Engineer) |
//| and this is the first indicator developed by me |
//|i just have tried to develope indicator so your feedback is needed|
//| my mail id is -->> <[email protected]> |
//| i have taken reference of other indicator for this |

#property copyright “Copyright 2013, MetaQuotes Software Corp.”
#property link “http://www.metaquotes.net

#property indicator_chart_window
//±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| here is link to forum thread -->> http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/55216-3-little-pigs-trading-system.html| |
//±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

extern string symbols = “EURUSD,GBPUSD,AUDUSD,USDJPY,USDCHF,USDCAD,GBPJPY,EURJPY”; // all symbols, comma separated
extern bool SetAlert = True;
int totpairs=0;
double crossed[];

int init()
{
SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, EMPTY,1);
SetIndexArrow(0, 234);
SetIndexBuffer(0, crossed);
bool symyesno=false;
string currentsymbol="";
while(!symyesno)
{
currentsymbol=getonesymbol(symbols, “,”,totpairs);
if(currentsymbol=="")
{symyesno=true;}
else
{totpairs++;}
}

ObjectCreate(“InfoSection”,OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0);
ObjectSet(“InfoSection”,OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,4);
ObjectSet(“InfoSection”,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,20);
ObjectSetText(“InfoSection”,“Symbol - W1 - D1 - H4”,8,“Arial”,Yellow);

for (int i=0;i<totpairs;i++)
{ int startheight = 30;
currentsymbol=getonesymbol(symbols, “,”,i);
ObjectCreate(“symbol”+i,OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0);
ObjectSet(“symbol”+i,OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,4);
ObjectSet(“symbol”+i,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,startheight+i15);
ObjectSetText(“symbol”+i,currentsymbol,8,“Arial”,Yellow);
ObjectCreate(“w1”+i,OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0);
ObjectSet(“w1”+i,OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,60);
ObjectSet(“w1”+i,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,startheight+i
15);
ObjectCreate(“d1”+i,OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0);
ObjectSet(“d1”+i,OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,90);
ObjectSet(“d1”+i,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,startheight+i15);
ObjectCreate(“h4”+i,OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0);
ObjectSet(“h4”+i,OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,120);
ObjectSet(“h4”+i,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,startheight+i
15);

}

return(0);
}

int deinit()
{
ObjectDelete(“InfoSection”);
for (int j=0;j<10;j++)
{ ObjectDelete(“symbol”+j);
ObjectDelete(“h4”+j);
ObjectDelete(“d1”+j);
ObjectDelete(“w1”+j);
}

return(0);
}

int start()
{
int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

string w1trend,d1trend,h4trend;
color w1color,d1color,h4color;
double sma55weekly,sma21daily,sma34h4;

string currentsymbol="";
for(int i=0;i<totpairs;i++)
{
currentsymbol=getonesymbol(symbols, “,”,i);
sma55weekly=iMA(currentsymbol,PERIOD_W1,55,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

sma21daily=iMA(currentsymbol,PERIOD_D1,21,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

sma34h4=iMA(currentsymbol,PERIOD_H4,34,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

//Alert("Current Symbol is ",currentsymbol,iClose(currentsymbol,PERIOD_W1,0),sma55weekly);

if(iClose(currentsymbol,PERIOD_W1,0)>sma55weekly)
{
w1trend=“bull”;
w1color=Green;
}

else
{
w1trend=“bear”;
w1color=Red;
}

if(iClose(currentsymbol,PERIOD_D1,0)>sma21daily)
{
d1trend=“bull”;
d1color=Green;
}

else
{
d1trend=“bear”;
d1color=Red;
}

if(iClose(currentsymbol,PERIOD_H4,0)>sma34h4)
{
h4trend=“bull”;
h4color=Green;
}

else
{
h4trend=“bear”;
h4color=Red;
}

ObjectSetText(“w1”+i,w1trend,8,“Arial”,w1color);
ObjectSetText(“d1”+i,d1trend,8,“Arial”,d1color);
ObjectSetText(“h4”+i,h4trend,8,“Arial”,h4color);

}

return(0);
}

string getonesymbol(string input,string sep, int index) // split string function by irusoh1 from metaquotes.com
{ int count=0, oldpos=0, pos=StringFind(input,sep,0);
while(pos>=0&&count<=index)
{ if(count==index)
{ if(pos==oldpos) return("");
else return(StringSubstr(input,oldpos,pos-oldpos));
}
oldpos=pos+StringLen(sep);
pos=StringFind(input,sep,oldpos);
count++;
}
if(count==index) return(StringSubstr(input,oldpos));
return("");
}

USDJPY Nearly stopped out on the 16:00 bar today, low was 9928

@mehulpopat

They are selling the indicator for 15 GBP so your indicator is good for people who still have not purchased the official indicator. Thanks for posting,

My EURUSD trade reached the TP so I got 88 pips on EURUSD trade.

My USDJPY trade stopped out in a loss. I put a 116 pips stop loss but surprised to see that it was hit even when the trend was up. Damn too much volatility. USDJPY is going down now on the 4 hour chart and also now the long and medium trend no longer match. I am trying this system but I have started to doubt the integrity of this system. I mean if a 100 pips SL is not safe then what? I know I should not have said this as its too early to say but also I want to point out that its highly possible that you enter in a trade based on the long and medium term trend after getting final confirmation on 4 hour chart but then pretty soon we see the long term and medium term trend shows a different direction! I think we need to manually see the price on 55 and 21 SMA that if it is too close from the 55 SMA on weekly and 21 SMA on daily and if it is still just below or above then we need to wait till it goes up or down further.

[U]Now open two more trades.[/U]

Long EURJPY @ 131.438 (I set the TP to the previous high)
Short USDCHF @ 0.93607 (No TP. Will trail with the SMA if it goes as planned)

you are right bro…if price is just above or below on daily or weekly chart then we have to wait to close that candle on daily or weekly charts and after that we can enter…i know it will take some time but saves our capital from loss…it is same in 4 hour chart as when candle closes above or below of SMA 34 by 1 or 2 pips…so we can not enter at that time…this is the reason that i had not taken AUDUSD trade on 18th july at 20:00 when price was 0.9150 and at that time SMA 21 has value of 0.9179 on daily so i waited that daily candle close below 0.9179 but that will not happened and i saved my capital by not entering at that time…you can see AUdUSD has long trend for now…

this strategy is good but we have to use our idea and peace of mind to decide when to enter when not to enter…

@mehulpopat

They are selling the indicator for 15 GBP so your indicator is good for people who still have not purchased the official indicator. Thanks for posting,

thanks friend…i love programming and MQL is good language i think…

i have just opened buy position for OIL at 23rd July 5:00 candle and opened trade at 107.03…SL is 106.50 and TP is 107.62

see in attached image . . .

EURJPY Long from 12978 (12 Jul 16:00) stopped out at MA 13111 (23 Jul 0:00) for +133
New trade:
EURJPY Long from 13139 (23 Jul 0:00) stop 13079 (13111 -128/4)

my oil trade hit sl…-53 pips…