1.Market Wizards

2.Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets

3.Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques

4.The Disciplined Trader

5.Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

image_2022-03-21_120952

1 Like

Will have a look at these, thanks

Just checked this out on Amazon, and I was super excited to see a couple of them are free with Audible trial. :sweat_smile: Haha. :smiley: Thanks for this! I’m assuming you’ve read all of them? :blush:

How relevant are they in todays markets? Are they somewhat outdated or are they good reads if you’re still new to FX and learning the fundamentals?

Nice to know that, let me try on the upcoming weekend! Besides, I have read the 1st 2 books (average experience)!

"Technical Analysis for the Financial Markets" - John Murphy is considered to be the bible for technical analysis and is officially recommended for the CMT curriculum. The latest edition was printed in 1999 though so it’s a bit outdated.

The book below cites not only John Murphy’s book but more recent studies as well. While I’ve read the 2nd Ed, the latest edition is a 3rd edition as below

There are other well reputed TA books I have yet to read, like Martin Prings

"The Disciplined Trader" - Mark Douglas is a book on trading psychology. Really good book and will never go out of date, even though it was published in 1990. He has released a later book, the contents of which may overlap called “Trading in the Zone” (I haven’t yet read this one)

"Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques" - Steve Nison is considered to be the bible in candlestick patterns. Nison was the first to introduce candlestick techniques like this to Western audiences. Very fascinating detail into origin and basis behind why some patterns are called what they are. The psychology around some of the patterns might be unverified, unfounded or outdated considering it’s 1990 print and there may be more relevant recent books. In fact he himself has released a 2nd edition in the late 90s.

1 Like

Gold standard.

Others shared by Pipcrawler

1 Like