5m TF Price Action Strategy

On your template photos I see that your volume indicator has green, red and also grey bars, but I don’t have the grey bars and I didn’t saw the indicator here, can you help me, please?

Ah yep, that’s an indicator I modified to show NDNS volume, I used Better Volume v4.mp4 if you were interested in having a go. It’s not an indicator I’m sharing unfortunately.

Here is my first trade trying to follow this system:

I think I entered in the trend a bit late, but I tried to put the SL and the TP on different S/R levels; the trend lines were going up, and I moved the SL depending on the trend channel, what do you think, Jalapeño?

Where was the entry on this JF? I can see the text, but if you can mark the candle vertically with an arrow and a line for entry, I can judge it a bit better?

One addition I’d add to this strategy with the beauty of hindsight, is trading inline with the daily trend.

I tried to put a point over the text, but seems that it’s not easy to see, I also did a pair more of entries:

I failed both of them because of the SL, but I am proud of myself because the entries were nice, I think. I hope this is more clear. By the way, maybe you have a Twitter account and you are from a country whose first word is the same word of your name?

Thanks for you attention, señor Jalapeño.

It is a good strategy buy my main method of trading is long term trading, I do admire scalping but when ever I started scalping, I only lose money from it. I guess its not my cup of tea :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi forexcrisp :slight_smile:

I’ve since too moved to a higher timeframe, taking a bias from the daily chart & entries from the 4h, 1h & 15m chart. But this 5m TF method was very solid and the theory still holds about trend definitions etc.

Not sure of your question here JF, I have a twitter but I don’t tweet about my trades etc. @Andrew__C if you also have twitter.

So, your new strategy only differs on the TF of your entries, right? May I ask why did you change your strategy?

A few reasons that I moved to a higher timeframe strategy:

• I found having an overall / higher timeframe / volume based bias was best for a pair, so I take into account a few factors to decide whther I’m looking for “longs” or “shorts”,
  • Sitting at the charts to trade a 5m chart wasn’t/isn’t sustainable for me, but checking in on the hour during Asia, Frankfurt & sometimes NY works for me,
  • I’ve bceome comfortable with holding positions overnight, there’s less stress in managing a position on the 1hr TF and the R:R is quite good,

so a few reasons :slight_smile: What works for some doesn’t work for others etc, all about finding the sweet spot of what works for you.

Hey nice strategy you got there. I was trading a little similar strategy to yours but my strategy didn’t trade the full trend so I was looking for something else to use with the 50 SMA which I trade and do you still trade this strategy or have you moved on to something else?

Hi Aniszaki,

Welcome & thanks for reading along, best of luck :slight_smile: Please feel free to read the last few pages of this thread, a few people have already asked about it’s current status.

Hey @jalapenoninja and all, I see you my sessions indicator is one factor in your system, I would love to hear yours and others feedback on how it could be improved to better suit this system, and thanks for the mention as well. I like what I see with your system, nice and clean.

can you share the checklist please
thanks

Sometimes clicking the “like” button isn’t enough; I wanted to post to thank you for this thread, which is one of the best I’ve seen here (or elsewhere).

This is real, realistic forex-trading, and unlike a lot of totally indicator-dependent stuff one sees scattered throughout trading forums, it will work reliably for educable people who have the patience and discipline to work through it, learn from it, practice it, follow up the references you’ve kindly provided, and so on.

Keep up the good work - and thank you, JN. This is the kind of stuff that makes the forum worthwhile and interesting. :slight_smile:

Thanks very much :slight_smile:

I do think that lots of forex info could be presented much more clearly. Best of luck & thanks again.

1 Like