A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

I give up…too tired… Off to bed :slight_smile:

Hello everyone!

Emerald, I really liked your Fibonacci video, and Trading View looks good for drawing them…

You sound as clear and helpful as ever, even with a cold!

I really wish you and your trading partner all the best on your new joint venture!

No trading for me today. So I have no idea what the markets did or did not do. Will recap most likely Sunday.

Thanks Pip. Glad you found the video informative. Have a great weekend all.

Good morning all. I am back at the desk today. Looking at AU and Aussie Euro today. Update all on my thoughts pre-New York. Time to get busy. Happy trading.

Hi all. I have my orders is looking got buy order at 1.4375 for EUR/AUD. Target is 1.4513 and 1.4460. pair made a crazy fall on really low volume. and continues to press lower. Check out the RSI, so alarm bells already but I will be looking at the behaviour at 1.4404 a pull back on descent volume or weakness would see me execute market order to go long for adjusted targets.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/Vu1zZJIX/

FxPro EURAUD h1 jr2wn | cTrader

Same idea on the Aussie Dollar. It is funny because both are exactly 77 pips from my intending long and shorts. Looking to short at 0.8894 target at 0.8812 and 0.8759 extended. The pair is showing some bearish divergence but could only be a minor pull back. It is no man’s land at the moment. Poised to act accordingly in any case.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/vN4fVYXB/

FxPro AUDUSD h1 zr2wn | cTrader

Another day.

Hi Emerald,
Great video as usual. Love the way you read the charts. One questions, if you don’t mind me asking…the harmonic pattern shown on your chart, you drew it yourself or it’s drawn automatically by your charting platform?
Cheers, keen246

The charting package allows an easy draw in of the pattern but you still have to decide the Fibonacci levels. It is does not suggest patterns.

You can draw them yourself using mt4 shapes as long as you have measured the fib points.

Glad you like the video. Will be doing some live intraday trading videos so one can see how I get in and out of trades. It has proved useful when modelling actions on winning trades and as a video journal. Saves all the writing.

Hi Emerald…the live trade video is a great idea!

How is your new venture going so far?

Great pip! Boring as now have to look ahead for trades with one or two short term opportunities that don’t always execute. Outside of that boredom it is fine.

Haven’t seen to me trade setups from you guys. I guess it can get a tedious to keep the habit :slight_smile:

Looking at AU today a breakout is due

Ah! Hopefully you will find some stimulation here…:slight_smile:

Just posted something on the NZD/JPY thread…

Made 200GBP last night over four NZD short trades…

Waiting is the name of the game :slight_smile:

Nice work!

Stimulation when I am not being shot at by the dim crowd that babypips has attracted, with some exceptions of course.

Hello traders!

I am at Frankfurt airport and I grabbed a free copy of the Wall Street Journal; in it, as well as an article titled “Bulls Slow Stampede Into Dollar”, I spotted an article about a slowing property market in the English capital, titled " London Real Estate Cools Down" - see attached photo for the beginning…

Why am I posting this here? For my colleague Emerald, of course :wink:

Mind you, the article concludes with the following lines:

“Despite the market’s downward shift in momentum, London house prices remain among the highest in the world. The average London home cost £596,692 in October, up 7% from September”, according to property-search website Rightmove PLC."

Yes, pip thank you for pointing that out. The London property has always been booming despite yields in central london only 3% and less. You can’t argue with 15% capital growth. That said there is reall only taste for developments but with Richard Ellis and the likes in the market you have you work cut out.

To be honest this will soon be a dream with Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester expanding and HS2 on the way, that is where the action is. London is a waste of time for value versus investment, that said if you have 200k you can head to auction for additional 20k you could flip and make a fortune. In my humble opinion I am looking North for any new investments in property.

Also teh housing market will naturally slow in winter the real test will be next year when the summer comes. There are so many cash buyers that by tightening liquidity nothing will be achieved. Ironically all that money comes from the city. Sold a boat in Docklands to an IT company looking to use it as an office to program algos for banks, they paid cash didn’t even care about mooring costs…

Back to all things trading.

What a surprise yesterday and no I made no money from the chaos that ensued from the final bond buying exercise or should we just say pumping of money… Till another season.

Pairs in focus GBP/USD Got a buy limit order at 1.5944, I came really close to being filled, still think we will see a 5 wave completion at that all important 1.27 Fibonacci. We also have a pattern forming which could complete at that 1.27/.786 confluence area or push out to 1.5907. So holding those orders on this one. Price is ticking higher so we could have fallen short of the entry but that’s trading for you.

FxPro GBPUSD h1 l43wn | cTrader

Next pair is EUR/USD, again we have what looks like 5 wave completion setting up which is also at that 1.618 Fibonacci level of that potential 4th wave. So we are watching that 1.2266 level very closely with a limit order in place. I am more convinced this pair will continue lower any reversal now will move the pair sharply higher (not likely for now).

FxPro EURUSD D1 143wn | cTrader

Happy trading and a good weekend.

Emerald , thank you… just to summarise: you have a short bias on Pound and Euro… no?

:slight_smile:

Sorry, I am at work and wanted a quick catch up… help me :slight_smile:

Trading has been on and off this week, with me being back to work and trying to scrabble around… Weird things,

like this morning’s EUR/NZD short trades that I have caught, have been unplanned but I am trying my utmost

to be there when it happens…

I made 254 pips on my GBP/JPY through the night… only…it was on my demo account (yes, I still use it to test ideas),

so it counts for nothing :slight_smile:

Happy trading

Yes Pip. I was looking for Euro and Sterling to continue short against the Dollar. Then bounce back. I am looking for the long opportunity but there is a temporary short bias. Sterling however is showing a potential pattern developing and could be a major long move if it comes off to 1.6225 where I will be looking to short it, so that pair could ended being long pending today’s outcome. So far Sterling is up and Euro has continued lower, some sterling strength but watch that USD index should tell the story.

Good call…

I made a bunch of pips with selling Eur/Nzd… then I went heavy long Eur/Jpy but have been in flat (+/-0) territory since this morning, and nothing moves in spite of decent volume, probably an over-extended move
waiting for the next opportunity.

Good luck next week… I am wrapping up an ok week, but have some work to do next week to really improve.

Happy trading, and happy Hallowe’en.

Technicals say the Euro has a few more pips to fall so I am looking at my levels with limit order in place as from my above post. That said, my Sterling trade got filled and it was right on the money… My stops have rolled to breakeven already after that 50 tick benchmark, it is all about trade management…

FxPro GBPUSD h4 1j3wn | cTrader

So I am looking for the 38.2% 61.8% fib of that initial leg as a target but I want to slightly short as trading is an art not a science so nothing is perfect. TP = 1.6083, ATP1 = 1.6023 50% off the table. There is nothing for me to loose at this stage.

Happy weekend guys and hope it has been a good week.

nnnnnnnnnnnnn

[QUOTE=torulf39;664571]Bluffing again Emeraldoc !!!

An impressive timing on your GBP entry …

500 K entry do not fit the thickness of your wallet …

My question have you placed a limit entry in hindsight !!!

My suspicions are easily to disproved, emeraldorc.

Click on your 500 blue GBP tabe, then you will get more information from your trade see attached image