A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

@frandlost Yes… and if I had time I would do a manual backtest of this over hundreds of candles to see how currency futures reacted to volume at core levels…

Hey guys! Let’s not forget that while VAP is okay, you can create your own VAP by drawing lines on the highs and lows of the highest volume candles, you will soon see what is demand and what is supply. This is very useful for judging if the asset is being accumulated quietly or noisily with heavy climaxes dominating.

There will always be hunting of stops under those key points as the market gets shaken out. Same on all assets.

2 Likes

Thanks Pip! Whoops! I think I should run for cover, and there I thought I was keeping a low profile. Appears not. :slight_smile:

It was a couple of years ago. My only public interview on trading. Glad you liked it.

1 Like

@emeraldorc you are a super guy and I would love to see more of you on podcasts etc. You are worth listening to!!!

1 Like

bumping up this amazing thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks Pip. Haven’t been on here in a while…Hope you are doing fine? It’s funny years have passed and times have changed. New blood no doubt around here.

1 Like

That a great idea!!

Thanks @emeraldorc!!

KC

@emeraldorc, yes it is amazing…

Yes,I am still at it… Spent 2016 going long GBP (horror!), then 2017 trading exotics,2018 going long TRY and now I am perfecting TRY trading with a carry trade.

I use MSCI ETF for Turkey to see volume for TRY trading… and some basic charting over on FXCM. It is all on the USD/TRY thread here…

You?

bump!! Epic.thread!!!

This was such an epic thread that I think more should see it :slight_smile:

I wonder if Daniel (Sesay) aka @emeraldorc is still around these parts…

… or @gp00053

Would be good to re-connect.

Cheers
PipMe