A couple of questions from a beginner

I’m not exactly new to forex or currency trading in general, but I’ve only ever tested some of my systems that I’ve thought up in demo modes, never had an actual account with real money, apart from a cryptocurrency platform account.

Anyway, I have a system that I discovered about a year ago and it works out pretty well with backtesting with historical data. Now I would like to start using real money, but I don’t know which platform I should be using. I signed up to “Plus500” and it seems to be perfect for my particular strategy, but I’ve heard things about them like they’re untrustworthy in some way or they block you from buying or selling when you’re doing well. Is this true? I would really like to know whether or not this is true so that I can feel confident in continuing on using them.

However though I would prefer a platform which allows me to use the mt4 or mt5 software so that I can automate my trading strategy with a script.

I live in New Zealand and there don’t seem to be very many platforms that are available to me, mainly because of my location and the fact that I have no real previous trading experience.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Like

which broker are you using right now ?

Plus500, but I’m not sure If I should keep using it.

Hello; this broker has only 1.7 rating out of 5 on FPA (according to 135 reviews); so be careful!!

Can you suggest any better ones?

Visit the broker section here on Babypips, you can find plenty of broker information there.

1 Like

i dont know why people posting about broker section in beginners questions. its really annoying

You can report them to the mods, they can transfer them.

Isn’t pepperstone available or is that just Australia?

They is also ic markets…

if you need better one please go through the broker section in FPA , which is good or scam you will completely understand.

Turnkey forex will also be suitable for you, I think.

1 Like