A picture is worth

the image shows up in my email but not here in the thread. I’m guessing that’s a composite photo since there’s no cloud cover.

Really impressive TalonD! :slight_smile:

Eurusd looks similar right now and fortunately my bot went long.

A picture of the LAST space shuttle leaving orbit headed back to Earth. As it enters the Earth’s atmosphere at a speed of 17,500 miles per hour it is protected by it’s heat shield from the glowing plasma of superheated air…

That’s one of the few NASA photos I’ve seen where the Earth is under expose allowing the background stars to be visible as well as the sky glow.

If you were here…

…where would you be?

Well, I’d say somewhere in the Northern central US? Judging from the fact that Berlin is closer than Athens and the distance is about the same to China as to Greece, plus Vancouver and Mexico City are not all that far away.

If I had to make a guess I’d say Wyoming or one of the neighboring states?

Ok I cheated and googled it…I can’t help it…google is my best friend when it comes to finding out about stuff…lol. So it would seem it’s in Los Angeles, California…[B]where[/B] exactly I still have to find, but I did find the photographer and most of his attention is on things around in LA… Gerry Boughan (Merkuri2) - Photographer profile

I would have guess the North Pole but it wouldn’t last long if the ice cap breaks up with all that global warming

Hmm, I ruled that out because I thought California was too close to Mexico City to fit the distance on the sign. Well, at least I got the continent right.

Cheater :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh man, I actually remember seeing a picture like that once… There’s an island in the middle of literally nowhere and on the island was a post exactly like that…same one maybe? Let me see if I can find where it was…

Yeah, a quick google search helped. Pitcairn island!! Yes!

“Pitcairn Island is a tiny speck of land located nearly dead in the center of the southern Pacific Ocean. Its closest neighbors are the Gambier Islands and Tahiti to the West, but even these are several hundred miles away. The island, which is the last remaining British territory in the Pacific, has a standing population of some fifty people, many of whom are descended from crewmembers of the famed HMS Bounty. In 1789, the Bounty was the setting for a now-legendary mutiny, when crewmembers enchanted by the idyllic life of the native Pacific islanders overthrew their commander, burned their ship in a nearby bay, and settled on Pitcairn. Today, the descendants of those sailors mostly make their living off of farming, fishing, and selling their extremely rare postage stamps to collectors, but even with modern transportation they still remain one of the most isolated communities in the world. There is no airstrip on the island, and getting there from the mainland requires hopping a ride on a shipping boat out of New Zealand, a journey that can take as long as ten days.”

Nice try, but the signpost says 6,500 miles to Auckland, New Zealand. That works for southern California, but not for Pitcairn Island.

But, that was a nice history lesson.

You’re absolutely right, my oversight.

There is however a very similar landmark on Pitcairn island of many signs on a pole in a similar fashion.

here’s the one on Pitcairn
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/200378237-001.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=6C4008C0FD9EB5A5B79AC45C5045FA70B64E6BCA1CB834697E2A4B830AD36368EC7C5022FB410D56

and the South Pole

Just by looking at the arrows and the direction they’re pointing vs. length I’m guessing Rio Brazil maybe?

The Vancouver sign and the sign pointing to China are almost evenly straight which means the photographer would have been facing NNW, which puts him south…ohhh shoot I dunno. :stuck_out_tongue: If that were the case is vancouver really 9000 miles away and europe is only 5k or so? I quit. I’m obviously in need of a coffee. :smiley:

Maybe Los Angeles is slightly too close, but California is a big place —

Distance between Los Angeles and Mexico City

lol, wait till you discover reddit guys.

Ok, it is Los Angeles…it’s called the Sister Cities of Los Angeles sign which is near LA City Hall
Sister Cities of Los Angeles Street sign - GLOTTER

Good detective work, Sweet Pip!

If I ever get lost, I’m counting on you to come and find me.

These guys have taken pictures of my house, my street, my car, my folk’s house, their street, their cars, trucks, and an RV, your car, your house, your street…

They’ve invaded our privacy from without, and within.

Nobody is safe.

PAYBACK TIME *****EZZZZ!!!

IT’S A SIGN!