A Quant from Southeast Asia

Hello Friends,

I’m TheSpeculateur from Southeast Asia and I’d love to exchange ideas with you. I use primarily data science techniques for developing trading models.

I’d love to talk about civilization, economy and life in general as well. I hope to hear a lot from you. Let’s follow and see each other on twitter. :slight_smile:

Welcome to Babypips @TheSpeculateur! Hope to hear more about your trading methods here on the forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello TheSpeculateur! Welcome to the community! Just curious, what is this technique all about?

1 Like

Hello @baemax023 and thanks! I’ll explain it as clearly as possible.

It’s gathering of large data sets from different sources, exchanges, economic releases, internet media, etc. wherever that be, and then process them to draw conclusions. Due to inherent human limitations, programming techniques (in my case I use python) are used to process and analyze these data. Whether the data falls into “technical” or “fundamentals” (as trader categorizes it) it doesn’t matter. All data are analyzed impartially to draw relevant conclusions. :slight_smile:

Hello @TheSpeculateur! I’m also from Southeast Asia! :slight_smile: Haha. Welcome to BP and I really hope we could share more about our trading journeys here. :slight_smile: How long have you been trading btw? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s interesting! Thanks for the explanation and I’m looking forward to hear more about your trading journey. See you around! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ria_rose - A very very long time. See you around!