AAFX Trading reviews of pros and cons

They’ve got a few dozens of major stocks. Not the greatest variety ever, but quite enough if you are not interested in exotics. Its true that the good thing about trading stocks here is that they don’t charge swaps or commissions for stocks. Spread only. But the leverage is gonna be limited for stocks trading, so keep that in mind.

Good day to everyone!
I see that there are some real clients of AAFX here. The issue is that I want to open an account, but at the moment $500 is a rather big summ for me :frowning: I’ve got $250 that I can really afford investing in a risky project like trading. The problem is that this broker wants a min $500 if you want to apply for 35% bonus.
I can borrow another $250 but I doubt this is a very good idea. Is that difficult to complete the bonus requirements? Is it very difficult?

Oh no, don’t do that. NEVER, never! trade with borrowed funds. This is a huge mistake. Even if you already feel like a trading guru, don’t trade with the funds that you can’t afford losing. Borrowed money is definitely something you can’t let go in vain easily.

I agree. Even though myself I’ve managed to complete these bonus requirements, I can’t recommend investing $500 and going for bonus in your particular situation. Fulfilling the bonus requirements adds some pressure to your trading.
Forgive me, but you don’t sound like the most experienced trader in gthe world, so better don’t play with this fire and invest only as much as you feel comfortable with losing. Or even better, start with a demo account and make sure you can close the month in black. Afterwards start trading live.

Got you, thanks. I’ve tried the demo already and the last two weeks have shown some decent results. I think I can trade same on a live account. But I’ll defnitely consider your recommendations. I agree that fulfilling the bonus requirements may change something in my trading approch.

LOL, don’t even doubt about it. It will change a lot in your trading approach.
Live trading is never same as demo trading.
Live trading under volume requirements pressur must be twice as difficult. So take you time to make the decisions, don’t hurry.

Well…Finally was about to make profit and AAFX scammed me. I should have listened to all of the reviews but now I’ve learned my lesson. Froze my equity when I was going into GBPJPY and they blew my account. I took profit on 4 trades over $100 to have the equity to support the trades. They didn’t add to my equity and stole my money along with the new trades I was getting in.

1 Like

yeah the reviews are very bad :grimacing:

To tell the truth I’m rather thanksful now for the advice. How weird the life can be! I was really frustrated back then that you guys disappointed me a bit in my expectations of fast profits.
Yet, I did invest some real money (without borrowing any) and… dang, that was the biggest disappointement ever. I’m in a 30% drawdown already :frowning:

If you had a few open positions that you did expect to be counted for a free margin, that might not be how it actually works.

Oh man, that sucks.Yet, the difference is really huge. Can’t be explained with psychology only. What has happened. Do you think this can be broker’s fault? Quotes manipulations?

I wish :frowning: No, unfortunately that really is a psychological kind of a thing. I can’t blame AAFX, even though I wish I could.
SnP index short, to make the long story short :frowning:

Hi! Sorry, I’m late and you probably have already made up your mind. But as others have already suggested, NEVER-EVER use money for trading that does not belong to you.

On no! SnP500 short with no stop loss, I believe?
If this is the case, that really is a psychological thing to consider. Its easy to cut losses with the demo account. A real one assumes you’ve got a little bit more courage and little less greed.

I know, I know. That’s exactly what’s happened. I always implement stop loss and take profit brackets on a demo account. This time I had those too! But for some unexplainable reason the stop loss order was moved further and further from the entry point. I can’t explain this with a simple logic. The only reason I’m writing about this experience is that I hope my mistake will help smb else to avoid the same one.

Thanks, no worries, the money is not borrowed. But thanks anyway, that’s a good advice as I see now ))

Long enough myself I tended to think that trading involves lots of market analysis, you must be constantly inventing new strategies, looking for the market vulnerabilitues, working on EAs, etc.
The longer I trade, the more I understand that there are a few simple things that really work on the market and there is no point trying to invent a bicycle here. Levels of support and resistance, false breakouts, true breakouts - that’s basically it.
All the new approaches, especially the onces that assume trying to get some bonuses from the brokers via some extra-aggressive trading methods - that’s the first step to lose it all on the market.
I know its funny to say this here, as I’ve completed the AAFX bonus requirement myself. Nevertheless, if you have a choice of trading in a calm environment and get no bonus or trade with multiplied risks that you can’t really afford - the choice should be obvious. Trade safe.
PS. Even shorting the US indices can be safe enough given there are favorable market conditions. Last week there was a nice false brakeout on snp500 that gave a chance to short it with a decent risk/reward ratio. The fundamental logic that you’ve used to short snp was ok. The only thing - it was necessary to wait for additional technical proof on the chart (like a false breakout upwards on upper timeframes) + apply a firm stop loss order.

1 Like

These are the few interesting things that you tell here.
So you don’t use indicators at all?

:slight_smile: I wish I could say I don’t. But I keep testing those from time to time and every time I regret it. Perhaps there are some MT custom advisors that might be helpful, or certain combos of indicators…but all the standard ones like MACDs and moving averages are all the waste of time and effort as they are all delayed. Price action is the best approach to markets.

Gotcha, thanks for sharing your experience!

I can’t agree 100% with what you’ve said here, bun in general I can confirm, it’s true that every decent strategy has got some very simple logic as the fundamental hypothesis that the whole trading system lies on.
Yet, there are two other factors to consider here:

• details
  • trading fees
    The more I work on automated strategies, the bigger is my cofidence in the fact that details matter. Yeah, the fundamentals can be simple, even primitive, as you’ve noticed above. At the same time the more details you polish the strategy with, the better and smoother can your equity curve get. Filtering trades, adding more specific conditions, varying the assets you trade - everything matters and from time to time you will notice, that a minor in its essence detail can change the equity curve dramatically.
    The second thing to consider is how much you pay as trading fees. It also depend on a strategy that you have on your mind. I.e when I was focused on overnight strategies, long-onlies, it was crucially important for me to minimize swaps (that’s actually why I swithced to AAFX, they don’t charge swaps). Short term trading will also be sensitive to commissions, so will be the arbitrage strategies. Getting better trading fees (changing a broker) can actually turn the unfavorable trading strateguy into a favorable one.

True! Getting better trading fees (changing a broker) can actually turn the unfavorable trading strategy into a favorable one. Young/inexperienced traders often underestimate the power of trading fees