About Profit/Loss

I’m still new trading. I have a question that is seriously disturbing me.
I am still demo trading.
I trade AUDUSD this morning.
I bought @1.6327 and closed the trade @ 1.6347 with a spread of 3 using 0.50 lot size. I was expecting to make a profit of about $100.But when the trade was closed,i got a profit of just $10.00 so please I need an explanation to this. Thanks.

Move of 20 pips at .5 cent is $10 as get 50 cents for each pip

Yeah, you made a little mistake with the point value.
If you do this a lot, you should practice a little demo. Still, correct calculation of losses and profits is the most important thing in our work. And it is very important that you are not mistaken in this matter at all, otherwise one day you may accidentally increase the risks.

According to me, I think there is nobody in the market of forex, that doesn’t understand these terms. Almost everyone including those who are not in the forex market. It is effective when we aim at the profit. Business that offers good profits always expand very fast. But losses shout never out do the profits in any given time.

According to me, someone’s computer is just repeating vacuous messages.

2 Likes

Profit and loss are common terms that are normally used in business. Actually, the main reason why people open businesses is to obtain profit. If you realise that your business i making more losses than the profit, the there is something that you must do to your business less it will soon come to be inexistence.