Absolute beginner

Hi everyone, as you can see I’m new to all this and looking for the best way to start learning. I know that we are all slightly different as to our approaches in these issues but would like to find a way that is efficient and interesting for me. I would be interested to read some of the approaches that have worked for some of you.

Hello wavy and welcome to the forums! Have you been through the School of Pipsology yet? Getting the basics down can help you pick a trading method that works for your personality and situation. Check it out!

Defining your own personal trading style is going to be just that - “personal”.
Yes, you can mimic the strategies and methods of others, but, they are not you and you will need to employ what tactics/styles best suit you as an individual human being.

This can only be done by rolling up your sleeves, and getting your hands dirty.
There are zero shortcuts to trading, and the hope is that you don’t need to figure this out the hard way (i.e. blow 2-3 accounts).

Just keep patient, and know that the journey you are about to take is going to be extremely challenging, and will most likely be one of the hardest endeavors of your life. Dealing with the psychological aspects of trading can sometimes be harder than dealing with actually losing money I feel. Try to approach this with an open mindset, and be open to everything you come across. Eventually, things will click and you’ll be able to start demo trading to figure out how the principles you’ve read about actually apply in the markets.

Youtube is a great resource for educational material as well.
I’d recommend running through the school on this forum to get a base, then using youtube to seek out advanced tactics.
Beware though, there is a ton of malarkey out there - if somethings smells fishy, it’s probably because it is a fish. Avoid fish at all costs.

I’ve been visiting and reading threads for awhile as well as familiarizing the forum since I heard about fx and got interested. Good to know that I’m not the only one around who is an absolute beginner about the whole trading system. Thank you for the advises. I’m pretty sure it would also help me.

Thanks for advice, I want to learn this slowly and see what turns up. Who knows what lies ahead?

@wavy , I don’t know if theres a problem with the post dates showing, but it looks like you’ve just replied to a 4 year old post on a topic you started 4 years ago.
Is that correct?

He said he wants to learn it slowly, DUH.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There’s slow, and then there’s slow.
He joined 5 years ago, made 1 post 4 years ago and a 2nd post today.
@wavy , what have you been up to in the 5 years since joining here? Trading, learning, or have you taken a hiatus?

1 Like

Welcome to the babypips forum! You need to start from the basic knowledge and then go towards the technical. As a beginner, you have to work hard and then practice this knowledge on the demo account. Get knowledge get going! Thanks a lot guys!

Hi, been a long time. Life gets in the way at times. So much has happened taking up time and thoughts.
Thanks for humorous comment and don’t fall off your stool this time ha ha
Best wishes to all!!