AceTraderForex April 25: Daily Market Outlook on USD/JPY

AceTraderFx Nov 13: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

DAILY MARKET OUTLOOK on Major
Update Time: 13 Nov 2017 09:30 GMT

USD/JPY - 113.49
Although dollar’s rebound from 113.09 (Thursday) to 113.64 on Friday, then intra-day initial gain to 113.72 suggests decline from last Monday’s 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 has made a low, intra-day retreat on cross-buying in yen due to retreat in U.S. yields and weakness in the Nikkie would bring sideways trading before prospect of further headway towards 114.07 later today or tomorrow.

Only below 113.22 would risk re-test of 113.09, however, loss of downward momentum would keep price above 112.73.

Monday data to be released:
Japan CGPI, Canada market holiday, and U.S. federal budget.

AceTrader - Best Intra-day Forex Trading Strategies
AceTrader has been in FX market since 1984, with proven analytical approach used by professionals and real-time updates

AceTraderFx Nov 14: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

[B]DAILY MARKET OUTLOOK on Major [/B]
Update Time: [B]14 Nov 2017[/B] [I]09:20 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 113.86
The greenback’s rebound from last Thursday’s low at 113.09 to 113.72 yesterday and then intra-day break of this resistance strongly suggests decline from last Monday’s 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 has made a temporary low there and choppy trading with upside bias would be seen but above 114.07 is needed to add credence to this view and extend towards 114.34 later.

On the downside, only below 113.22/25 would confirm aforesaid recovery has ended instead and turn outlook bearish for a re-test of 113.09, break, 112.70/73 later.

U.S. will release PPI data n Redbook retails sales at 13:30GMT. Chair Janet Yellen will participate in policy panel before the CB Conference, the theme is Communications Challenges for Policy Effectiveness, Accountability and Reputation at 10:00GMT. Other Fed officials will be speaking later today (please refer to EI page for details).

AceTraderFx Nov 15: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B]15 Nov 2017[/B] [I]09:20 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 112.82
The greenback’s intra-day sharp retreat n subsequent break of last Thursday’s low at 113.09 signals erratic decline from November’s fresh 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 has resumed and choppy trading with downside bias would be seen for weakness towards 112.48/50 but near term loss of momentum would prevent sharp fall beyond there and reckon support at 112.30 would remain intact and yield rebound.

On the upside, only above 113.50 would indicate a temporary low has been made and risk stronger retracement towards 113.91 before prospect of pullback.

[B]Data to be released on Wednesday: [/B]
France CPI, U.K. claimant count, ILO unemployment rate, average weekly earnings, EU trade balance.
U.S. MBA mortgage application, CPI, core CPI, real weekly earnings, New York Fed manufacturing, retail sales, retail sales ex-autos, business inventories.

AceTraderFx Nov 20: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 20 Nov 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 112.07
The greenback’s sharp retreat last week and subsequent break of November’s low at 113.09 to 111.95 Friday signals erratic decline from November’s fresh 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 has resumed and choppy trading with downside bias would be seen for weakness towards 111.75/80 but near term loss of momentum would prevent sharp fall beyond there and reckon support at 111.65 would remain intact and yield rebound.

On the upside, only above 113.33 would indicate a temporary low has been made and risk stronger retracement towards 113.91 before prospect of pullback.

U.S. eco. calendar is very thin with October leading indicator being the only data due out later today at 15:00GMT.

AceTraderFx Nov 22: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 22 Nov 2017[/B] [I]09:00 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 112.05
The greenback’s sharp retreat last week and subsequent break of November’s low at 113.09 to 111.89 Monday signals erratic decline from November’s fresh 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 has resumed and choppy trading with downside bias would be seen for weakness towards 111.75/80 but near term loss of momentum would prevent sharp fall beyond there and reckon support at 111.65 would remain intact and yield rebound.

On the upside, only above 113.33 would indicate a temporary low has been made and risk stronger retracement towards 113.91 before prospect of pullback.

[B]Data to be released on Wednesday : [/B]

EU consumer confidence, and U.S. MBA mortgag application, durable goods, durables ex-transport, durables ex-defense, initial jobless claims, University of Michigan sentiment and FOMC minutes.

1 Like

AceTraderFx Nov 24: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 24 Nov 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 111.38
The greenback’s sharp retreat last week and subsequent break of November’s low at 113.09 to 111.89 Monday and yesterday’s fall to 111.07 on dovish FOMC minutes signals erratic decline from November’s fresh 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 has resumed and choppy trading with downside bias would be seen for weakness towards 110.88 but near term loss of momentum would prevent sharp fall beyond there and reckon support at 110.50 would remain intact and yield rebound.

[B]Data to be released on Friday : [/B]
Swiss industrial orders, Germany Ifo business climate, Ifo current conditions, Ifo expectations, Italy industrial orders, industrial sales, U.K. BBA mortgage approvals, and U.S. Markit manufacturing PMI, Markit services PMI.

AceTraderFx Nov 27: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 27 Nov 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 111.23
As the greenback has retreated again after meeting renewed selling at 111.69 in Australia, suggesting recovery from last Thursday’s low at 111.07 has ended there and consolidation with downside bias remains for decline from November’s 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 to resume and yield re-test of said support, break would extend towards 110.70 but loss of momentum would keep price above 110.58.

On the upside, only above 112.18 would indicate a temporary low has been made and risk stronger retracement towards 112.50/52 before prospect of retreat.

Data to be released today:
Swiss non-farm payrolls, Italy business confidence, consumer confidence, and U.S. new home sales, Dallas Fed manufacturing business index on Monday.

AceTraderFx Nov 28: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 28 Nov 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 111.29
As the greenback has retreated again after meeting renewed selling at 111.69 in Australia, suggesting recovery from last Thursday’s low at 111.07 has ended there and consolidation with downside bias remains for decline from November’s 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 to resume and yield re-test of said support, break would extend towards 110.70 but loss of momentum would keep price above 110.58.

On the upside, only above 112.18 would indicate a temporary low has been made and risk stronger retracement towards 112.50/52 before prospect of retreat.

[B]Data to be released on Tuesday:[/B]
Germany GfK consumer sentiment, import price, France consumer confidence.
Canada producer prices, and U.S. building permits, wholesale inventories, redbook, monthly home price, CS home price, consumer confidence, Richmond Fed manufacturing.

AceTraderFx Nov 30: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 30 Nov 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 112.29
Despite the greenback’s resumption of decline from November’s 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 to a fresh 2-month trough at 110.84 Monday, subsequent rebound to 112.15 yesterday and intra-day break of this resistance suggests a temporary low has been made and consolidation with upside bias remains for a stronger retracement towards 112.72/75 but near term loss of momentum would keep price below 113.33 this week and yield retreat.

On the downside, only below 111.38 would indicate aforesaid recovery has ended instead and turn outlook bearish for a re-test of said support early next week.

Despite being the last trading of the month, pay attention to release of important U.S. PCE data, personal income and spending, initial jobless claims and Chicago PMI.
Also we have several Fed officials who are scheduled to speak during New Year session starting with Fed’s Mester, Fed’s Powell and Fed’s Kaplan.

AceTraderFx Dec 04: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 04 Dec 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 112.96
Despite the greenback’s resumption of decline from November’s 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 to a fresh 2-month trough at 110.84 last Monday, subsequent rebound to 112.88 Friday and then intra-day break of this resistance suggests a temporary low has been made and consolidation with uspide bias remains for a stronger retracement towards 113.20/30 but near term loss of momentum would keep price below 113.44 this week and yield retreat.

On the downside, only below 111.38 would indicate aforesaid recovery has ended instead and turn outlook bearish for a re-test of said support early next week.

U.S. will release ISM New York index, and factory orders later in the day.
Pay attention to speeches by BoJ Gov. Kuroda and ECB Board member Villeroy will are both scheduled to make a speech at a seminar in Tokyo at 04:00GMT, Vileroy will make another at a seminar at 06:30GMT.

AceTraderFx Dec 06: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 06 Dec 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 112.11
Despite the greenback’s resumption of decline from November’s 7-1/2 month peak at 114.74 to a fresh 2-month trough at 110.84 last Monday, subsequent rebound to 112.88 Friday and then intra-day break of this resistance suggests a temporary low has been made and consolidation with uspide bias remains for a stronger retracement towards 113.20/30 but near term loss of momentum would keep price below 113.44 this week and yield retreat.

U.S. will release mortgage applications, ADP employment data n non-farm productivity.
Pay attention to ADP private payrolls number ahead of Friday’s key U.S. jobs data, street forecast is look for an increase of 185K in Nov vs previous reading of 235K, if actual figure comes in lower than estimate, USD will be sold.

AceTraderFx Dec 08: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 08 Dec 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 113.49
The greenback’s rally in New York yesterday and subsequent break of Monday’s high at 113.09 signals upmove from last week’s 2-month trough at 110.84 has once again resumed and consolidation with upside bias would be seen for stronger retracement of erratic decline from November’s 4-month peak at 114.74 towards 113.80/90 but near term loss of momentum would keep price below 114.07/10.

On the downside, only below 112.86 would indicate a temporary top has been made and risk stronger correction to 112.37/40 before prospect of a rebound later.

[B]Data to be released on Friday: [/B]
Japan current account, GDP, trade balance, eco watchers outlook, eco watchers current, China exports, imports, trade balance.
Italy market holiday, Germany exports, imports, current account, trade balance, France industrial output, budget balance, U.K. construction output, industrial output, manufacturing output, trade balance, NIESR GDP estimate.
Canada housing starts, capacity utilisation, and U.S. non-farm payrolls, private payrolls, unemployment rate, average earnings, University of Michigan sentiment, wholesale inventories and wholesale sales.

AceTraderFx Dec 14: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 14 Dec 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 112.75
The greenback’s selloff to as low as 112.46 yesterday after the Federal Reserve hiked its rate by 25 bps suggests corrective rise from November’s 2-month trough at 110.84 has made a temporary top at 113.75 Tuesday and choppy trading with downside bias would be seen for weakness towards 112.26 (50% r), however, support at 112.00 should remain intact initially and yield rebound.

On the upside, only above 113.25 (previous support, now resistance) would indicate said pullback is over and risk re-test of said res, break would extend to 114.10/20.

[B]Data to be released on Thursday: [/B]

Japan Nikkei manufacturing PMI, industrial production, capacity utilization, Australia employment change, unemployment rate.
U.S. import prices, export prices, initial jobless claims, retail sales, retail sales ex-autos, Markit manufacturing PMI, Markit services PMI, business inventories. Canada new housing price index.

AceTraderFx Dec 15: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 15 Dec 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 112.13
The greenback’s selloff to as low as 112.46 Wednesday after the Federal Reserve hiked its rate by 25 bps, then to 112.07 yesterday suggests corrective rise from November’s 2-month trough at 110.84 has made a temporary top at 113.75 Tuesday and choppy trading with downside bias would be seen for weakness towards 111.70/74, however, support at 111.41 should remain intact initially and yield rebound.

On the upside, only above 113.25 (previous support, now resistance) would indicate said pullback is over and risk re-test of said res, break would extend to 114.10/20.

U.S. will release New York Fed manufacturing index, industrial prod., capacity utilization and manufacturing output during New York morning.

AceTraderFx Dec 18: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 18 Dec 2017[/B] [I]10:00 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 112.71

The greenback’s selloff to as low as 112.46 Wednesday after the Federal Reserve hiked its rate by 25 bps, then to 112.07 yesterday suggests corrective rise from November’s 2-month trough at 110.84 has made a temporary top at 113.75 Tuesday and choppy trading with downside bias would be seen for weakness towards 111.70/74.

However, support at 111.41 should remain intact initially and yield rebound.

[B]Data to be released on Monday: [/B]

Italy trade balance, EU CPI, core CPI, U.K. CBI industry trends survey and U.S. NAHB housing market on Monday.

AceTraderFx Dec 20: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 20 Dec 2017[/B] [I]09:30 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 113.09
The greenback’s selloff to as low as 112.46 Wednesday after the Federal Reserve hiked its rate by 25 bps, then to 112.07 yesterday suggests corrective rise from November’s 2-month trough at 110.84 has made a temporary top at 113.75 Tuesday and choppy trading with downside bias would be seen for weakness towards 111.70/74.
However, support at 111.41 should remain intact initially and yield rebound.

U.S. eco. calendar is very light with Nov existing home sales being the only data due out at 15:00GMT.

AceTraderFx Dec 21: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: 21 Dec 2017 09:30 GMT

USD/JPY - 113.59
The greenback’s strong rebound from last Friday’s low at 112.03 strongly suggests the pullback from last Tuesday’s high at 113.75 has ended there and consolidation with upside bias remains for upmove from November’s 2-month trough at 110.84 to resume and yield re-test of said resistance, break would extend to 114.00/10 before prospect of a retreat due to near term loss of momentum.

On the downside, only below 112.83 would indicate aforesaid recovery has ended instead and turn outlook bearish for weakness to 112.51, then 112.03 again.

Data to be released on Thursday:
Japan Bank of Japan interest rate decision, Swiss exports, imports, trade balance, France business climate, U.K. PSNB, PSNCR.
U.S. GDP, PCE, core PCE, initial jobless claims, national activity index, monthly home price, Canada CPI, core CPI, retail sales, and EU consumer confidence.

AceTrader has been in FX market since 1984, with proven analytical approach used by professionals and real-time updates

wrong posting so deleted

AceTraderFx Dec 22: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: [B] 22 Dec 2017[/B] [I]10:00 GMT[/I]

USD/JPY - 113.42
The greenback’s strong rebound from last Friday’s low at 112.03 strongly suggests the pullback from last Tuesday’s high at 113.75 has ended there and consolidation with upside bias remains for upmove from November’s 2-month trough at 110.84 to resume and yield re-test of said resistance, break would extend to 114.00/10 before prospect of a retreat due to near term loss of momentum.

On the downside, only below 112.83 would indicate aforesaid recovery has ended instead and turn outlook bearish for weakness to 112.51, then 112.03 again.

[B]Data to be released on Friday:[/B]
Germany GfK consumer sentiment, France consumer spending, GDP, producer prices, Swiss KOF indicator, U.K. GDP, Italy business confidence, consumer confidence, industrial order, industrial sales.
Canada GDP, retail sales, and U.S. building permits, personal income, PCE, core PCE, durable goods, durables ex-transport, durables ex-def, University of Michigan sentiment, new home sales, KC Fed manufacturing

AceTraderFx Dec 27: Daily Recommendations on Major -USD/JPY

Update Time: 27 Dec 2017 09:30 GMT

USD/JPY - 113.18

Data to be released today:
Japan construction orders, housing starts, Swiss UBS consumption indicator, ZEW investor sentiment, U.K. BBA mortgage approvals, and U.S. redbook, pending home sales on Wednesday.