Advice regarding demo account

Hello to all,
Having finished the preschool, and the second grade of the elementary school, I thought wise to start a demo account to practice drawing trend lines and channels, support and resistence …
Is it wise to do so at this stage ? If yes, what platforms do you recommend for demo trading ? Thank you

1 Like

IMO, it is certainly wise to open a demo account to practice and experiment on which suits you. As for a platform it is another practice and experiment to play with. I would suggest you begin with trend trading, as range markets are difficult to manage.

I would suggest you google a regulated broker list that suits where you reside. I would also ensure the selected broker keeps client funds in a regulated bank away from their money.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Try the search function. Several people have asked this question before.

1 Like

Hello! You’ve definitely made a great choice by starting with a demo account at this stage in your trading education. It’s fantastic how it can boost your confidence, allowing you to efficiently test your strategies. Choosing the right broker helped me significantly! It’s really important to choose one whose demo account has the same options and tools as their live account to ensure a smooth transition when you go live. Also, Be sure to explore various platforms to find the one that best suits your needs. Good luck!

1 Like

Starting a demo account is a wise move, actually. Also, for demo trading, platforms like MetaTrader 4 or 5 are highly recommended, as they have user-friendly interfaces and extensive analytical tools.

1 Like

Thank you all for your valuable input.

1 Like

Is metatrader supposed to be user-friendly? :scream_cat:

treat it as seriously as you would a live account.

1 Like

Great job on finishing your courses! Yes, starting a demo account now is a smart move. It’s perfect for practicing without risk. I recommend trying out platforms like MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5; they’re user-friendly and widely used.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response. I really appreciate the words the encouragement. Regarding MT4/MT5, I heard that many traders are transitioning to platforms like Tradingview. Is it still recommended to use MT5 ? Thanks

MT5 is still widely recommended and used, but TradingView is also gaining popularity for its advanced charting tools. It’s better to choose what suits your trading style best! :blush:

2 Likes

It’s very widely recommended here, yes.

It’s not recommended by many successful or profitable traders anywhere, though. So it’s like most things: the answers depend on who/where/how you ask.

MT5 is a clunky, horrible, unreliable piece of junk that doesn’t even display all its own inbuilt indicators correctly, but it’s loved by huge cohorts of forex CFD service/product providers whose non-trading incomes depend on its continued widespread usage.

TradingView and cTrader are both incomparably better.

1 Like

You can use MT4/MT5, these are great platforms for beginners and more experienced traders, but Tradingview has more advanced functionality, although it takes some getting used to. I tried trading on Tradingview through fxopen, by the way, many brokers began to provide connection of a trading account to this platform. I believe that trading is possible, but MT5 is more convenient for me. I’m a conservative))))

I gave MT5 a try, and man oh man was a surprised by how outdated it looks ! I found Tradelocker to be the closest thing to TV, however it lacks the necessary support for brokers. Thanks to all for contributing.

I beg to differ here. the stability that MT4/5 has- no other platform has them

Maybe its basic nature is the reason why ? :wink:.

I agree. MT4/5 are stable platforms and this makes them convenient. But when you need more advanced functionality, you start looking for other platforms, for example, ticktrader and tradingview, the main thing is that brokers offer them

1 Like

Trading Demo Acc is a good start, But when you start use your own money the feeling while trade will total different with demo. Wish you all the best

2 Likes