After having a successful trade, how long after should you wait to enter again?

Let me specify, i tried a new technique, i looked at a particular trend and when i thought it was best to enter a trade i did and i found success. However if a trend is going a particular direction, and i reach my take profit, i often find that the trend reverses direction instead of going in the same direction. This change occurs sometimes only a few pips after my take profit. How long should i wait before entering again. Could i enter again, right after my take profit ? or am i rushing it ?.

Usually trends don’t just shoot up in one straight shot. What you’re most likely referring to is a retracement and it’s perfectly normal during a trend (especially in a strong trend it may be visible in the charts). The bigger question is it a retracement or a change of trend as well? Most of the time it’s better to stay with the trend but when your caught out and that retracement is a reversal how can you prepare for that as well? What does your trading plan suggest? How do you usually enter/exit trades?

i think there is no specific answer , because it totally depends on market movements , in my trading i always take time after making profit or losses. always try to found my improvement or lacking.