All you need is one pattern

I use one pattern on 28 daily charts, this brings me the money I want. I do my best to keep things very simple as I do not want to be studying charts for more than an hour per day…

Trading can be very simple, it took me a very long time to see that.

I use a CCI cross and three moving averages to prove the trend… simple simple simple

3 Likes

My winners far outweigh losses. I typically average about $400.00 per week net.

i asked bout average win , average loss per trade @tgrant , but nevermind, keep up the good work. cheers

We get these types of “Hype” all the time here mate - He won’t give you any information at all IF he is typical of the type.

Don’t get suckered in to going to different sites or to communicating by pm. You’re new here, so just watch how he tries to create a “feeding frenzy” - which he hopes he can monetise.

Now as I said he now has 2 posts and has told us absolutely NOTHING. Just watch and learn so you can see them coming in the future. :wink:

1 Like

Hey traders, in my opinion ignore all chart patterns and candle stick patterns. Instead focus on resistance and support lines, I preach this a lot because of a pair has touched a resistance line, say, 4 times then physics would suggest that that resistance line is a strong one, would need X amount of force to break it. Now put this into trading terms the “force” need to break this resistance line in our example is market behaviour( traders emotions, or bad news,trump took a poop on queens desk, etc).

This is how I trade, I also use Darvas box system which works well for stocks as well, I also use trend lines and that’s it.

Granted I do not have as much time to trade as I used to, hence why I moved more to stocks now as they take less time and I used these tools I’ve said above in stocks, but with stocks I also use a few fundamental quantitative measures as well to show me what my odds are like.

1 Like

I also think that trading is simple. However, I was not thinking that in the beginning. If you have winning strategy helps a lot, but in order to get this strategy you need to spend a lot of time learning, experimenting, testing, and researching. This is not an easy part of trading

Ignore patterns - really? if you are doing TA, then you have to look for patterns to make money. There is no way getting around it unless of course you only use fundamental analysis.

@hsg1974 I guess a part of the discussion is about what’s works for you. And I do not use Fundamental analysis and I have found chart patterns do not work for me, hence why I have used what I know Physics .

No disrespect Hsg1974 but no you don’t need patterns to make money I think that is silly, because you need to figure out what works for you not just copy some one else, and there is much evidence that proofs the patterns have become useless nowadays because of market popularity.

But i really recommend you have little at adding basic physics to you’re trading, in the way of support and resistance lines and trend lines, like I said in my post before about need a strong force to break a resistance line. How I trade is a very basic example; is say a pair has touched a very strong resistance line I would consider using all the other tools like trend lines , SMA and experience which is a big part , etc to find okay where is the support line of this Box where the price is bouncing in and then start looking for an entry to the trade and risk management all that stuff. That is a really basic quick example.

@hsg1974 also Don’t criticise about if people use patterns or not because what I have told you can be added to you’re trading tool box and you may see a Box soon where price is bouncing between a support and resistance line.

One thing I do agree that you should use what works for you. But you are the one who is making a big statement that patterns don’t work. Maybe they don’t work for you. But they certainly work for me along with Demand/supply zones and trendlines.

I’ve never used a supply and demand kinda method before, that sounds interesting!

Yes I agree with this. For me that is my pattern. Price approaching support or resistance. Its straight forward and simple to see.

Glad to see others trade this way!

1 Like

What are your strategy?0

Just support and resistance lines , hmmmm can’t show you a picture but I draw my main trend like it support (SL) resistance (RL) on the monthly time frame and then on the day times frame; you start to notice when you see significant lines that have touched areas three times that you’re lines start to make a Fan and when you’re lines are crossed by the candlesticks then that line is irrelevant and it’s really hard to explain with out a picture but you start to get a sense of where the price is heading because the price is either breaking you’re “fan trend lines “( SL or RL) or is staying under you’re lines. Thinking about it tbh it is very similar to Fibonacci However with trend lines. I don’t think I can explain it very well with out showing you. I’ll see if I can load a picture up soon

To make it simple; you need to spend lots of time! Trading is simple only for good skilled Forex traders!

On what time frame are u suggesting could be very helpful and resultful

If there really is only 1 pattern you need to trade successfully, then it is trend.

Yes, that persons really really describe it very very well. All you need is some strategy from EA or manually done with some extensions or mainly your own twists and it will really works wonders here. So there is no need to apply more if there is no reason for that anyway;)

I don’t find trading that easy. Had it been so simple, no trader would have a made a loss. A lot of research and hard work goes on, before it actually seems more like an easy task. Only becoming trained on patterns and trends is not the key to success in trading. Well, that’s a personal opinion though.

Street Smarts? …I love the turtle soup pattern

Want to start now. What are the proceedures?