Almighty GBP/JPY versus Cowabunga system

Was able to net just 122 pips yesterday because i was not so sure of the resistance line 236.72… it is having problems with breaking thru.
Check out the charts.:smiley:
Happy viewing:)

Good trading!..slight deviation away from the 15min cowabunga rules (the 15min MACD was already positive), but you’ve made the method your own and appear to be raking in the pips! Are you live yet?..if you are, you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams, in no time :slight_smile:

Tega,

Do you use any MT4 indicator to help give you signals or you do it manually watching the two charts.

Thanks,

Hey there,
I entered two trades giving me a total of 149 pips as shown in the attached charts.:smiley:

The first entry was made at 236.40 and exit was made at 237.01 which netted me 59 pips��� the resistance line 237.10 seems to be very strong and I was not too sure if the price will penetrate through this time around so when I saw the Inverted Black Hammer with a long upper wick� I got the confirmation that it�s likely not going to penetrate through and made an exit at the next candlestick.

The second entry was made at 236.80 and take profit at 237.70, which netted me 90 pips� I made the entry after I saw the hammer with long lower wick and got confirmation from cowabunga cross and watched it while it breaks the point 237.10 and placed a take profit at the next resistance line 237.70.:eek:
Happy viewing

Hi Tega… are you using an indi for S/R or are you observing that manually?

What country are you in?

Ok… I think I see. Are you using TD Trendlines for this (or the like) on the 4h chart?

Can you please post your pivot indi?

Thanks!

I am in Nigeria, Africa (GMT+1).
Attached is MT4 pivot indicator I use… i use trendlines for the H4 chart… while attimes I use trendline breakout as confirmation for cowbunga entry signal on the M15… I use a whole lots of stuffs::cool: But will try to be a little detailed in my postings hence forth.:slight_smile:

Pivot Diplay Values.zip (4.52 KB)

The indicator provided in this forum could not work out for me…so I trade it manually till someone will come out with the holy grail indicator for this pair.:smiley:

Tega,

Do you have any MT4 EA or Indicator or template to share / download so that we can start get signals on our charts. Please advise.

Thanks,
Siddharth.

Sorry, I really do not have any indicator/EA/template I use at the moment… but if you follow this thread closely and apply the principles of cowabunga system…You are likely going to do well.

For cowabunga system check out:
So You’ve Finished The School Of Pipsology…Now What? - Pip My System - Beginner’s Guide to Forex Trading, Free Forex Education, Learn to Trade Forex, Forex Training - BabyPips.com
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/727-cowabunga-system-28.html

For EA you may check out this thread:
Unbelievable NO-LOSS EA - Forex Trading | MetaTrader Indicators and Expert Advisors

For buy/sell signal indicator check out this thread:
Buy and sell signal - Forex Trading | MetaTrader Indicators and Expert Advisors

Hope these will help?:slight_smile:

Thanks for the info.

Did you place any trades today. Will be waiting to read your results today. I am in UAE and working from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm ( GMT+4 ) timezone. So I do not get to trade during the best trading hours. I will see if I can find some good free online forex charts and check Cowabunga trends and try to place orders on Oanda.

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks again.

I basically use cowabunga setup for getting entry signal but to wait for the cowbunga exit cross-over will require glueing yourself permanently to the system… I dont think I have that time for now:D But if I have an EA for cowabunga sytem it will serve this purpose: while I am away from my system, it could place trades with very small lot size. I have to use all tools available to me to place successful trades… I dont use any system in its own, I need confirmations from others.

You are not under any obligation to use this method in your live account… If it works for you thats fine but if it doesnt then dont bother yourself… try another available:mad:

this is not suppose to be a get rich quick scheme… so I trade with very small lots size.:rolleyes:

…you say you are using the cowabunga system for entry, but this is misleading to newbies who are learning Cowabunga - you are trading [I][B]your [/B][/I]version of cowabunga, that uses part of the cowabunga entry method.

I trade cowabunga, as defined by Pip Surfer. I do not intend trading your derivative.

I wish you well with your method.

You may download a free MT4 trading platform from this link and click on (mt4setup.exe, 3.0Mb:
MetaTrader Platform, Mobile Forex Software | FXDD

I am likely going to place my trade result tomorrow… I always have problems with editting my chart on photo paint:D so i have to take my time when i get home to do that:)

Hey there,

Cowabunga was able to siphon 100 pips from GBP/JPY yesterday. I placed a buy order at 236.70 and a take profit of 237.70.

I disregarded the first MA crossover because at that point the RSI was unable to go above 50 and still did not enter when the second MA crossover occurred. I needed a confirmation by allowing the RSI go above 50 before entry.

I was not going to be by my system all day��� so I decided to set a take profit at 237.70, which happens to be the strong resistance line of the previous day.

Happy viewing:)

Tega,

What is the main trend for the attached pic. I dont see it as a clear sign for uptrend. Please guide.

FREE Fotki Image Hosting

Thanks.

Thanks for the linkJust testing the link…

still testing

If you tke a look at the chart, you will find out that the blue line (4MA) is above the red and the 14RSI is above 50… despite the fact that the STOCH is facing downwards… It takes a while for it to respond to the changes… so it rarely keeps me out of trades.:slight_smile:

Thanks once again for the link:)

http://hotimg6.fotki.com/a/134_146/0_54/untitled.jpg

still trying out