(ALMOST) Perfect Swing Trading using Trendlines

Price has come down to the entry point @ 1.8300. Still going forward with the SL at 1.8200

yep, good time to buy for anyone who has sat out up to this pointā€¦IMHO.

I would recommend placing your stop loss below the lower low. Around 8120 there about. That low is now support, if the market should test that support your stop as is wouldnt be protected. Using a protective stop below support and above resistance always works out favourably.

Thanks for the insight. Thinks that is necessary . Watching the movement. now it is -30

hi guys, just a tip of me. why donā€™t you buy the one that is more likely to go up? EG points up, and from my view it will point up till 87. I bought EN at 1.57 and moved SL to BE. TP is 1.615, sorry, that point Iā€™m trying a sell also. so, watch for that 87 on EG if you want to buy GN. but, still, what I most wanna see, that my order at .81 on GN gets filled for long.
happy pippin

I think Iā€™m done with this strategy in this pair. Itā€™s just not working for me (Iā€™m probably not understanding enough). Iā€™ve adjusted the trend line and it keeps breaking it on me. this thing is not behaving the way it apparently used to. Iā€™m going just use the macfibo strategy I think. Iā€™ll keep watching in here though to see if I can learn some more.

hey, itā€™s a good sign when you want to give up, but please donā€™t. have you not experienced, when you want to give up, price just turns around? watch for round numbers. I beleive GN will go up to 1.9
also watch NU

Actually, I cut out of this one for a pretty substantial loss. Letā€™s put it this way - had I had a 150 pip stop loss, that would have been hit since this dropped to 1.8190. But my loss wasnā€™t that bad because I could see the writing on the wall.

Iā€™m not giving up on the pair, Iā€™m just not sure that trend line trading is for me.

Iā€™m assuming you guys had a long bias becaue the trend line was broken. A mere trendline break doesnt mean the ā€œtrendā€ has changed. Along with broken trendlines look for swing high and swing low breaks. As in the case with GBPNZD is still bearish imo.

okay, we are here for learning, so apologise for the stupid question that Iā€™m willing to ask, but I wanna know it long ago :smiley: so, What is swing high and swing low? :slight_smile: DRA, could you show or explain it please? I guess these are the ones, that Iā€™m watching too, three candles with higher lows on both sides, or lower highs on both sides if watching a high. these are fractals I guess, and the possibility that here the price goes to the other direction is more likely. so, next question: what if swing high/low breaks?

YEP, -100 pip loss.

Iā€™m assuming you guys had a long bias becaue the trend line was broken. A mere trendline break doesnt mean the ā€œtrendā€ has changed. Along with broken trendlines look for swing high and swing low breaks. As in the case with GBPNZD is still bearish imo.

Yes, you could place a buy stop above 1.8400, thatā€™s over 200 pips away, though. You also can place a sell stop 20-30 pips below the last low, which is BTW, the lowest low ever. Iā€™m staying out for now.

Well, I got in around 1:00 for a long position. Then I decided to close it out for 20 gain before checking the news. Then, 20 minutes later I saw the humungo jump and saw the news, got back in. while I missed out on about 75 pips, I am now positive 62 =)

Itā€™s now following my macfibo strategy and above the previous trendline. I guess it just needed some news to give it a kick.

Exactly what I point out to you today happen. The market test support and then rally. Iā€™ll assume you were stopped out @ 8200. Always protect your stop. If the market had break the support then you would be wrong but it didnt so your bias looks good for now.

Yes Brother. Was stopped out. Now watching for a long on an upward break out above the triangle(above 1.8400).

GBP/NZD is being so annoying this weekā€¦ it did make the lowest low ever yesterday, any prognoses?

What a frustrating ranging in side the rectangle. Where GBPNZD will head again ?

When itā€™s like this I recommend staying out of the market, of course, but this is repeating what just happened to the EUR\USDā€¦this will be followed by a rather large move. One way to enter is a stop order a bit above and below this boxed range. Donā€™t be suprised if nothing happens today, since itā€™s the end of the week, but you can be aware of the market in case something does happen.

Shorted with a sl of 1.83016 TP 1.80518

Hereā€™s an interesting channel (4hr chart):

apparently GBP\NZD decided to dive at the last hour of the weekā€¦record lows! I am still staying out because of the weekend, I wouldnā€™t recommend entries this close to a weekend gapā€¦it would be ok if we were hundreds of pips positive on a trade.