Alpari (UK) - Huge Spike (not an exception)

Hi everyone,

As you have already mentioned, we have encountered issues with prices from our liquidity provides. These are currently being investigated but the charts have now been corrected. Should you still see any incorrect candles, please refresh your chart. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We are here to help, so if any of your live trades were affected, please contact our Client Services team at <[email protected]> with details of such trades for review.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

There’s still a pain in the bum one showing on H4 Gold from ages ago now Alexander. Can we get that one corrected too please. Thanks

Hi Pacman,

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

I’m always happy to help. Can you send us a few more details at <[email protected]> – the server you see this on and your account number?

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

haha stop hunting at its best… jesus christ, thanks for this thread guys, staying well away from Alpari.

Hi Terrible Trader,

I appreciate your frustration. If I had problems on my platform, I would be upset as well. We investigated this issue and had it fixed shortly thereafter.

To add a little background, there was a pricing issue which I believe you have noticed.
This led to some orders being triggered on bad pricing.
All such orders were corrected, whether in profit or loss.

The orders in question have been restored to their state prior to these pricing issues, as required by the FCA, who require us to restore the accounts as if the event had never occurred.

Our price feeds come from a number of liquidity providers and is constantly evolving as we seek to provide the most reliable price feeds and best execution for our community of Forex Traders. There are rare occasions when we receive incorrect prices from one of our liquidity providers and a spike may occur. This however is not Stop-Hunting. Alpari UK has a regulatory obligation to treat customers fairly.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

What the FRACK?!

Disgusted! Emailed this morning after a sleepless night, checked market on open and my winning +200 position was closed out and said i owed Alpari £133,000 - Live account! Regardless that this is now back to were it was pre-faulty data, its totally unacceptable! I shall be looking for some kind of good will gesture as i was unable to close or alter my trade costing me a result of 50 pips! If no action will be taken to dissolve this issue, i shall be looking for a new broker!

I appreciate how you feel. There are rare instances when technical issues do arise. We do our very best to ensure that these are investigated and resolved.

If any trades on your live account were affected, please get in touch with us at <[email protected]>

As always, we’re here to help.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

quite obviously you (alpari uk) did frack-all to resolve so-called technical issues with monumental errors from liquidity providers. Because. This is the second time i have noticed a humungous error in the data. Its not even a ‘spike’, and cannot be due to volatility because of the time theses errors occur (close of play 10pm friday uk time; opening market sunday 10pm uk time). The pip difference in these errors are thousands of pips out fromthe surrounding bars.

If you had truly resolved it, the data error should not have shown up at all the second time.

Ways to truly resolve it:

1. drop the liquidity provider
  2. put a filter in place for data that is glaringly wrong.

But of you will do nothing except apologize, claim to have resolved it, and wait for the next time a “resolved” issue occurs.

Hi Harrison Forex,

Thank you for your post.

We value your feedback and I will forward your suggestions to our senior management team.

To reiterate, our price feeds come from a number of liquidity providers and is constantly evolving as we seek to provide the most reliable price feeds and best execution for our community of Forex Traders. On rare occasions when technical issues arise, we do our very best to ensure that these are investigated and resolved. This is applicable to both live and demo accounts.

Principle 6 of the FCA’s Principles for Business states, “A firm must pay due regard to the interests of its customers and treat them fairly.”

The Directors and Senior Management of Alpari UK Limited are committed to ensuring that the FCA principle of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is applied in all areas of our day to day business activities.

In adopting the TCF principle we recognise that fair treatment of our customers is about adding value to the service we offer by aiming to:

[ul]
[li]Protect the interests of our customers at each stage of the product life cycle, from promotion right through to after sales service.
[/li][li]Meet as best we can the needs of each customer by offering a transparent, efficient and professional service, and constantly reviewing our service to identify areas where we can improve.
[/li][/ul]

Alex

Alexander Chadwick