Am i ready to trade with my money?

I have been using a demo account with 10k$ for about 2 months now. in just that time i was able to get my balance to 19K$. Do you guys think i’m ready to start trading with my own money. I think to start trading with 250$ first deposit.

1 Like

Hi David,

If you have to ask, then the answer is probably not.

It does not seem you traded your demo account in a way that will properly prepare you to trade $250 in a real account. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your demo trading going forward:

1. The first step is the treat your demo account like a real account. Use trade sizes that are realistic for the live account balance you intend to have: Pip value for 500 bucks on metatrader 4
  2. Then make sure you use appropriate risk management: Leverage and Margin
  3. And when you start trading a live account, stick to your plan: How do you deal with your loss?

Try 1 more month with $250 start balance.

2 Likes

Yup, i think that is a sound advice. It is always good to demo with how much you plan to start live with, so as to get a better idea of appropriate position sizing.

2 Likes

i agreed with alphahavoc

i agreed with this. trading live and demo is totally different. start with a amount of money that you don’t feel painful after.

it looks a smart deposit , trade with cool mind and try to control emotions when trading.

don’t try to take revenge when making losses , wait for good entry. good luck

A friend of mine said the same thing

Ill try to do so, thank you :smiley:

I believe that’s easier said than done hahaha

If you want to start trading with a live account and a deposit of $250 I recommend going back and trading on a demo account with $250. Demo account trading with an account much larger than what you are able or willing to invest creates unrealistic expectations.

2 Likes

Is $250 a great deal of money to you ?

If it is all you have then NO - you are not ready !

If it is enough to hurt a bit, but not enough to affect your ability to pay bills and eat etc, Then I Repeat the advice of Alexander Elder - "put some money into an account and trade that until it is all gone ! Then stop, learn some more and repeat the process as many times as it takes ! "

2 Likes

good advice , most of the newcomers most of the time try to take revenge after losing , its he foremost reason for losing in fx trading.

actually , its a part of emotions that there is no one who can avoid . over trading always responsible for huge losing.

If you want to go live just to practice trading live and you risk 1% of your account on each trade then I would say go live for sure because trading on live money shows your emotional side of yourself, how emotions affect your trading and so on…
BUT if you want to make money from 250$ account then its is a bad idea, you will end up risking too high % of your account on single trade and this will result in blowing up your account.

Yeah I would I agree with most of the member above, first try to trade with that much amount in a demo account. Then you might be able to self evaluate your performance. Or you can share your results here; many of us will be able to help you out in your decision.

Hi @david77777, if you ask me 2 months is not enough time to practice and then go live. My advice would be to give yourself some more time and as others have suggested, to indeed try demo trading with these 250 $ which you plan to deposit. Afterwards, you need to make some calculations for how much you really can afford when you switch to live trading because you need to be always prepared that the initial deposit could be lost. Of course, I am not saying that this will indeed happen however the chance is quite big and that is why you need to be mentally and financially prepared.

1 Like

You should open a live account and deposit the amount of money you can afford to lose, just in case. Then trade with 0.01 lots and follow the strategy you have been following before.

Trading live will teach you how to control your emotions and later you can learn from your mistakes.

I agree with this. This way you can see exactly how you will go about your trades with the same amount you will be starting with only in demo. :slight_smile:

$250 is enough to start your trading journey…