Am I tripping or did my broker get me?

So check it right. I had setup 3 trade orders(sell stops) on GBPUSD pair. The market hit my entry points on all three and executed them accordingly. While I’m trading on the MT4 app watching closely of price action during the time of execution. The market was going in the direction of my trade orders and about to hit TP on 2 of 3, but when I clicked on the trade button expecting to see blue on them they were 100-200+ micro pips in the red. The second to the last bear candlestick was already set and the market was working on the last candlestick to near my TP. The 0.15 hit my stop out level and closed out in red, but the 0.05 started in red then eventually came around to closing in blue. The 0.05 and 0.15 trade executed at the same time. Check the pictures and tell me what happened. I’m currently going back and forth with my broker now. Did I goof or is the broker trying me like a goofy?

!

image|281x499!

image|281x499!

image|281x499!

image|401x500

@X1993, below is the same Chart (GBPUSD 1H) screenshot taken of the same candle formation.

Notice how it differs from yours considerably, especially at the point of your TP…

You haven’t indicated if your last candle had closed, which will make a difference to your claim of broker shenanigans… With Pepperstone (Aust.) PA would have seen your positions closed in profit.

Manually (or Automatically) moving your SL to a Break-even position will make it harder for your Broker to have a win from situations such as this…

This is just more proof that Brokers are running their feeds (Not the Market) all over the place to garnish the best returns (for them) from their overall client positions…

every broker has different feeds, spread, comissions, but should not differ from real market conditions by much. if the spread on ur broker plus the feed wasn t enough to reach ur tp then c est la vie, ur never gonna win that fight with the broker. what i do is watch the market and get out or get in based on weakness and strenght, ofc i set a tp but only if and after i manage to put something in the bank and make it a risk free trade(BE). cos i m aware that volatility comes when u least expect it sometimes and they use that to increase spreads and therefore a candle that should hit ur tp does not. just take what u can and set a tp after u set BE, that set and forget fairytail isn t good for day trading. atleast this is my personal take on such things like volatility, spreads and broker feeds.
happy new year and all the best

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t find myself day trading very often for this reason. Set and forget on a H1 chart I would have to say from personal experience is a No. Your stops based on the price action of low time frames just can’t handle the volatility and you will get your stops run all day by your broker with simple spread spikes.

I could see spread widening massively at around 10 or 11pm London time. Across many brokers…

Yeah that’s normal. You’ll get a lot of different moves by different brokers then. Its between end of us session and beginning of Asian session. About as basic as I understand it. I read it could also be as liquidity providers are balancing their positions but never really read into it.

The prices are all down to your broker. Some brokers hit your take profit, your one didnt. You cant really argue why a price wasnt reached. If you find it’s happening a lot and affects your profitability look for another broker. However theres no guarantee it wont happen with others. Personally, it’s the xmas period, not much trading going on, just take some time off.

My apologies for late response. I’m a new user and the moderators had to make sure I was legit. This what my broker said in response.

I didn’t do a set it forget it though. I paid close attention to the markets as all this was going down. This happened within a matter of minutes. It was so fast I barely caught screenshots.

my apologies for a late response. I’m a new user and the moderators had to check to make I was legit. I have more pictures to show but was only allowed one at the time of posting.

I’m on US central time

I have more pictures to show that one of my trades closed out in BLUE and the other RED. Both were executed at the same time and had the same TP which the market hit.

Our feeds, price action and market movement is the exact same after reviewing the fx chart. During the time of the 0.05 and 0.15 trade being executed midway into the bear candle closed and started on the new candle. Ok in your picture the candlestick is closed as a bull. During that time it was working its way down and making that long shadow/wick at the bottom of bull candle on your picture. While it was making that shadow/wick it hit my TP 2-3 times and closed my 0.05 trade blue. I setup 2 sell stops at 1.29450 and TP 1.29250 = 200 micro pips total. the 0.05 trade executed at 1.29453 and the 0.15 executed at 1.29385. the 0.15 closed at 1.29683 and the price action on my feed is at 1.29265. I just figured it out.

And, that’s why I don’t respond to many posters here any more…

i re-enter this response with your reply

I don’t quite understand your response. My fault if I didn’t communicate well. But while I was typing to response accordingly and appropriately to your reply that’s when I figured out the problem. Much to your statement and links posted about brokers shenanigans. I had other pictures but at the time I could only post one with my original post.

this is true