AMA: I Make Between $300 to $500 a month

Haha I’m glad like I said you’ll only get better now. You’ve gotten over the real newbie mistakes and you have a consistent goal. I pray you continue this journey successfully and keeping making more positive gains. We are all here to encourage each other and get better & improve ourselves. I’m always glad to see a topic of a person learning from their mistakes and making money & not how they’ve been scammed or wiped out.

1 Like

Looking at your trades there is no real consistency in the lot sizes so I’m guessing it maybe the same for the strategy you use .
Maybe i have been lucky so far or maybe its because i have not broken the rules i set for myself which have taken me 2 years of learning and studying different rule sets to come up with.
But in the first year i was trying loads of different things strategies etc… And had no real discipline And in the second year i concentrated alot more and stuck to my rules with alot more discipline.
Which seems to pay off.
I would like to ask @jafooly when you said when it went left and nearly wiped you out was this because you lost a number of trades all in a row or scaled up lot sizes or something.? And looking back is there a way you could have prevented it ?
I’m no professional and just curious to learn as much as i can aswell.

1 Like

I’d been trading oil for 3 months or so and I hadn’t actually lost a single trade till this point. And when I said it went left and nearly wiped my account, it wiped the account completely, about £700 sterling, in 20 mins or so.

Looking on this forum, there are people who advocate a similar trading style, which involves 3 things, patience, time and a lot of waiting - it’s for people who just can’t and don’t want to be wrong.

It could have easily been prevented by using a stop loss, correct position size, or just being in tune with the news and oil rig count. I didn’t do any of that and I didn’t have any rules.

I consider the money, a holiday I never went on.

3 Likes

Fair play for putting this out there.

A few of these points are similar to mine, but I’m not gonna say which ones.

1 Like

No Ambition? :joy:

1 Like

That’s 1 out of 2.

1 Like

Divorced? We’re all arrogant as hell to enjoy this

1 Like

No - getting married next Feb.

The rest will be no comments as its gonna be very easy to guess.

1 Like

Oh congrats to that!

1 Like

Thanks.

Trust me, you want to fine tune your strategy before getting married cos after, things gonna start getting expensive.

1 Like

That’s the issue with marriage though, it’s a depreciating asset. Perhaps an option also, worth nothing on expiry.

1 Like

Very true.

1 Like

From your 1st post, i think i like your honesty and with open arms you like to learn other people opinions.
I’d say each one has his own purpose, needs & requirements. If yours works as it is in your favor, then stick to it. Trading for living means trading like jogging instead of sprinting.
In my case, i’ve done about a month with Demo acct. Now i’m trading with real acct, given free $10 upon registration. Trading on this, it’s now become $12 something LOL !!
But still i need to learn more, experiment things, before depositing real fund from myself.

1 Like

There is one thing I learn about forex as a business. Its that you don’t have the capital to play, like in the 4 or 5 figures
Your are wasting time. The best you can do is learn to sell.

Not necessarily but I understand what you’re saying. Don’t expect to make 12000% gains off an account that’s $100 which is true. Why I say it’s not exactly that is because when I started I used $500, and made that $2,000 in a few months. Obviously I was trading very cautiously and it took me more time to garner that rather than being gung-ho with the risk. More importantly is understanding your strategy & how the market moves. Forex is the most affordable business to play in comparison to futures, indices, stocks, and etc and I deem it one of the most important because you truly get to understand how global economies function amongst each other. I wish I learned more about forex in high school and not after I got my masters in finance.

1 Like

that’s why I’m staying single until I can afford otherwise lol

1 Like

I think that’s not bad if you can make on a regular basis without loosing. I am a new trader. I would be happy to do that. What analysis do you use ? Price action, news or indicators? What time frame do you use ?

1 Like

I use Wyckoff Market Cycle as the framework and use support and resistance levels as the market structure.

I only pick trending currency pairs. Those who are on a breakout and pulling back or in a channel waiting to pounce.

I deal with daily chart but use a combination of 1hr and 5mins to anticipate speed of the market. Market that doesn’t pullback after it break a level. That’s where the 5min chart comes in.

Today I just miss 2 breakout because I was not fomo enough. I could have lower my perspective through the 5min chart and watch for signs of weakness and strength but instead. I don’t bother and wait for pullback.

This doesn’t happen especially after New York open. The volume increases and market participation increases and so does anxiety and greed.

OP, I’m interested in the link to your FF explorer, thanks.

To all the other big shots who got their hackles up after the first post:
Thank you.
We are so privileged to be able to benefit from your amazing trading prowess. You are impressive and very important men. You’re all men, no doubt about it. We learn so much from your boasting and preening. BabyPips is lucky to have you and your high quality content. Please don’t stop. The readability of this thread is a suitable sacrifice to your egos, crucible-forged in the fires of discipline, restraint, emotional stability and studious research. I know I was convinced of the truth of each of your claims and that you also impressed each other and everyone reading this thread. Now we truly know who the real high rollers are, which we would not have known before if you hadn’t bravely spoken up and more importantly, we are all respectful of your status. Thank you again. Thank you over and over.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like