Amazing Crossover System - 100+ pips per day!

Thank you Maxx.
You have been ever so kind and helpful.
I will scout around this site to find your own system, now that I’m getting the hang of this place.
Seemed daunting at first, but patience and perseverance brought the snail to Jerusalem, not that
he was a welcome visitor AFAIK.
You are a good person.

I don’t have any thread for my own system. I mainly post charts only to illustrate points.
My belief is that the best “system” for any trader is in their own heads - they just have to create it and develop it. But, of course, everyone has to start somewhere and I think this is a good method to start with because:

It is simple and clear.
It is flexible and can be applied to various timeframes (although 1H is perhaps the shortest)
One has to decide one’s own exit strategies
One can easily use (and should use) Price Action techniques
One needs to develop a disciplined risk:reward ratio
The downside is not overly severe for smaller account sizes

But, like any method, it should always be practiced on demo first to develop entry skills and exit and risk strategies before risking real money.

2 Likes

You are a wise person.
Thanks for everything.

You need to use the search button bro. Thats what’s its for. None off us are going to do the work for you.

1 Like

Thanks for your message. But Manxx has already replied to someone else saying “I don’t have any thread for my own system.” And I don’t know how to search for someone’s system when I don’t know its name. I appreciate your input. :slight_smile:

I’ll get you started bro

1 Like

Hi Bob! :slight_smile:

Actually, Raj’s Ribbon system was not intended as a trend-riding method. It only looked for a certain immediate follow-through after the ribbon flip. But it was (is) a simple method of catching pips.

None of the people I knew who were using it ever used it alone and it does need filters in the same way as this crossover method. An MA ribbon in some form or other is still a component of my trading approach from Daily to 1H timeframes ( I usually hide it whenever I post charts to avoid confusion! :)) - but I don’t think it is reliable at all on TFs below 1H.

It is also a relevant issue to try and be selective regarding the currency pair chosen. A lifeless, drifting market will not produce anything more than false signals, losses and a lot of frustration! (but the same goes for all these types of methods!) :smiley:

It is a long time since I read this thread through and there has been some good stuff here over the years - I might just plough through it again and see if we can’t resurrect it in some form or other…could be an interesting project! :smiley:

1 Like

There has been some recent interest in this method and in crossover systems in general. I recommend anyone trying this to read through the initial couple of years’ posts and you will see the pitfalls and inevitable attempts to prop it up by adding more and more indicators - MACD, ADX, Awesome oscillator, etc, etc. The inevitable aim and dream is for a simple mechanical system that does not require knowledge or expertise and can even run automatically on an EA (as you can see from the more recent years’ posts).

I would like to post here a reply from Lexys ( in my opinion one of the most useful posters on BP when she was here) about this type of system. She was replying to a comment that, “it seems that the system keeps on changing”:

This was her reply:

"This is what typically happens, in all trading forums, with long threads covering systems in which the trade entries are based on indicator crossovers.

There are thousands of aspiring traders in love with the dream that all they’ll need to do, to derive consistent income from their trading, is to come up with an automated system based on indicators which they can leave running, which will produce income without further work. Hence all the interest in indicator signals and EA’s.

Many try the system, at first enthusiastically, until it inevitably encounters its first frightening drawdown (sometimes when the market ranges, as they do about 80% of the time, instead of trending), and then the next phase is to try to “confirm the signals”(!) by using other indicators, whereupon that pattern of posting gets repeated all over again, with its ever-growing technical variations, and the thread inexorably grows without ever quite managing to make anyone rich, after all.

As so often, with trading, it’s when people imagine that they can become successful by “copying something that just ‘works’,” (wouldn’t it be lovely? ) that all the accidents tend to arise, for a whole collection of reasons outside their experience. This is how some aspiring traders come to imagine that they have “5 years’ experience” without ever actually becoming profitable at all, when the reality is that they more typically have 3 months’ poor experience repeated 20 times over, instead - and unfortunately that doesn’t really get you very far along the learning-curve. But by that stage most can’t quite face the reality that “back to square one of the education-process” is a better option than "find something else that just ‘works’, so it all tends to become a high-turnover, self-repeating cycle.

The fallacy, of course, is that it isn’t really “systems” that work: it’s traders - if they go through the appropriate phases of education, helpful practice and development, who “work”. But no matter how long they try for (and some, undeniably and by their own admission, try for years), unfortunately they can’t get those through threads like this one - and of course there are reasons for that."

Now, I do, personally, find that crossovers can be a successful method of identifying the start of a move, but not for both entry and exit. I do not believe it can be successfully automated and that it does require a large dose of personal assessment and selection concerning when a crossover “makes sense”. And that requires knowledge and experience, as Lexys says.

Anyone thinking of trialling this method is recommended to read Lexys’ post above throroughly as well as to go through the early years of this thread and you will get a clear idea of what this is all about - as well as what it is not about…

7 Likes

Hey @ForexPhantom so I was thinking if it’s okay with you to try this system on day charts as I work full time and don’t get enough time to look at hourly charts to be honest, I’ve been trading my own crossover systems which I made a topic about if you wanna check it out, I all ready have a system similar to yours. The only problem I’m finding at the moment fine tuning my entry because for instance I had a trade earlier the EMAs crosses and RSI was above 50 but 5 candles later it had crossed over and went the other way which is okay it’s now trading goes some times, but I was thinking to my self maybe after the crossover and RSI have signaled to buy maybe wait few candles to confirm the trend isn’t a fake out. What are your thoughts on this ?

Hi @robotrades
According to the stats,it seems that ForexPhantom has not been seen here since 2014, so I doubt you will get an answer - which is a pity because this method does have potential for earning on a daily level. But I think you will find that it is only useful for the entry signals. If you also wait for reverse crosses for your exits then you will give most of/all of/more than your profits back again.

If you can find a different approach for your exits then I think you can make something of this.

I thought it was a pity that you did not get more response with your own thread regarding a daily charts method. I thought there was a lot that could have been developed there, including the WMA. I have used a similar approach with EMAs for a long time and I think it is a very underrated approach - mainly because of the problem with exits.

1 Like

@anon46773462 well I’ve using my LWMA( or as I like to call it trend system MK3 aha.) I also am starting to use more chart patterns for entry, because of your example that you gave on my topic which really showed how they can work together, so I’m going to start applying more Price action patterns, etc to my LWMA system. I have to admit I’ve been over thinking a lot about my system because I’m away on holiday and can’t work on them as I don’t have my laptop and I feel I’ve asked few silly questions over the last week or so, just because I’m bit like ahhhh I wanna work on my trading aha. But that’s just me.

Thanks for your response Manxx

1 Like

They are never silly questions when they help you move forward! Think of it more as thinking it loud and seeing if anyone answers! :grinning:

I have been working on a few ideas regarding the LWMA which i thought i might share with you, if you are interested, once I’ve seen it in action for a while. It is a frustrating thing trying out ideas on a daily timeframe as it takes so long…but i have been running a few simulations which look reasonably promising,…

1 Like

Yeah by all means if it’s okay I’ll send you a message with my email, I’ve also spoken to DRFXTRADING and emailing him now about learning his price action patterns and what he does not to leach off of him but to learn. Because I’m already using price action in my trading plan and it’s also good to see what others are doing. And I can’t agree more it takes ages for daily charts. And it normally takes days before I’m in profit aha.

Actually, I meant here on BP. I don’t do private stuff at all.

1 Like

Oh yeah that’s fine, sorry. Send away

Hi there!
This system looks very convincing. Just wondering if you have some results to show it’s performance. Or maybe an equity curve to show. That’d be helpful.

About to set aside a good chunk of time to read through a ton of posts on this thread! Good post also by Lexys, thank you for sharing. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered her around here but looks like she’s a very insightful person.

2 Likes

can this be used on a 4 hr time frame. Thanks

+100 pips per day I think it’s impossible with one pairs. If you operated with 3-4 pairs, is possible. I receive free signals by fx luxus and they gain per day 80-100 pips.

1 Like

Thank you ForexPhantom for the “VERY NICE SUGGESTION”…I WILL keep this in my. SALUTE!