Amazing Ride -- Still Moving Forward

BTW, all of those 1 lots are split in 2 trades @ 0.50 lots. I think it’s generally better to split trades. AT this point, I don’t have any SL or TP in place.

I’m also heavy on long orders with USD/CAD around the 1.02750 mark.

I like your setup :wink: But I am going with 1 lot @ USD CHF and 1 lot at USD CAD @ 1.02650
So similar setup

Being conservative and setting a lower entry isn’t a bad thing at all. Could be a better way to go. I agonize over those decisions all the time!

But sometimes it doesn’t trigger and I mis a huge trade. I always watch the RSI and Stoch to determine when it will hit these points. I also took a trade on GBP USD sell @ 1.6220

Of course you can miss trades. But always better to miss a trade than jump the gun and enter a bad one! My golden rule is: “never force trades.” In other words, don’t open a trade without good reason.

One of the most enjoyable things about trading is when you either open or set some trades to open at certain levels at night… Then you wake up in the morning with a batch of trades in the black! Or trades that have TPed out for profits while you were sleeping. It’s like winning on a slot machine! Click click click click click click and you got a few grand!

Hi Capper, you sound like a natural born talent…

I myself have “developed” a couple of 2:1 risk reward strategy´s with 75% Successrate per trade…
Im depositing money on Monday…

As my profits will surely come to your level very soon… i wonder what broker you use?
I use FxPro… because of ECN and cTrader

Having troubles with withdrawal? delayed money…etc what problems if any do you get with your broker

Cheers

I use FXDD. I initially tried FXCM a few years ago but I’ve been very happy with FXDD. I’ve never withdrawn a nickel from my account as of yet it I’m sure the process will be smooth. Customer service has been very good. Tech support has been excellent when I’ve had issues or questions.

Highwhat’sup,
I wouldn’t say I’m a natural born talent. So far I’ve been having success because of some key reasons. (1) I have a large sum of money - which is critical in order to gain big returns. (2) I have learned a ton from mistakes and continue to do so. (3) I stay on top of things and continuously follow the news and charts. (4) I’m very aggressive and constantly look for winning trades.

Interessting choice, FXDD… i hope they arent a bucketshop… and being that you havent withdrawn money
worries me a little bit:)

What’s a bucket shop. ? I’m not at all concerned as they are very reputable.

I still feel strongly that USD/CHF will rise up to .92000 at some point in the not-too-distant future. I also love trading USD/CAD as it usually stays a solid range.

Hi capper,

Could you explain a little more detailed, why you have this kind of feeling. It would be nice, if I can understand your logic.

Thanks in advance,

(1)October 17 saw a massive drop in the pair. I believe that a correction is coming. (2) there’s so much fluctuation with the USD that I expect we’ll see some movement. (3) the CHF is a notoriously weak currency with a weak economy and I see the USD gaining as things turn around with the govt in the US. (4) looking at the historical charts, it’s likely a matter of time before we see 0.92000. Those are my main reasons.

I firmly believe that those who buy into USD/CHF around the 0.90000 will reap massive gains in the next few weeks. I feel that this pair will be headed back upwards over the next month or two, maybe sooner. If I had more leverage availability (I’m pretty much at my limit), I’d be going heavy on USD/CHF buys. Looks like it has stabalized after the numbers came out this am. I think we’ll see the slow bounce back and eventual rise to 0.91000-0.92000, perhaps higher as time goes on.

Hi Capper

Looking at the daily chart for USDCHF it does look compelling for a buy. I havent used a longer term approach as yourself but very interested.

Do you use any entry signals or stop losses at all? I couldnt put on a long without a stop loss. Cautious Virgo and all that. Any ideas on what size stop loss?

65Futura, I usually only add stop losses once my trades reach a certain level so that I can put them in one pip above my point of entry. I don’t use entry signals. There are a lot of factors that I would consider before deciding to use a stop loss and choosing where to insert it. Things like your overall portfolio, margin level, other trades and where they stand, etc…

As I move into the future, I have to do a better job of taking and accepting losses. Otherwise you can get into deep trouble. So, your line of thinking is right. Wherever you choose to put in a SL, I would put in more buy orders a little ways below that level.

What exactly do you mean by “what size SL?”

I think the market has settled since the employment numbers this morning. Today didn’t do me any favors! In fact, the weakening JPY is slaughtering me right now. I need a catastrophe to send the yen up for a while… I think over the next few hours / couple days we’ll see the market slowly re-tract and somewhat return to where it was prior to this morning’s economic news.

Usd chf keeps dropping. It’s at .8972. Is it wise to buy now?