An example of income-earning NFTs - DeFi Kingdoms on Harmony (ONE) network

Update on Crystalvale liquidity pairing. So I finally figured out how to claim the airdrops. About 60% of all the airdrops due to me have been collected (72 crystal with another 64 due to be dropped next week).
I converted them into Jewel at about 4.3 Jewel per Crystal. I converted half the Jewel into xJewel and used them as a liquidity pair to deposit in the Gardens in Crystalvale. Total equivalent USD value of this airdrop right now is just under $3,000.

The screen shot is just one hour of deposit in the garden.

About $15 per hour or 8 crystal per day (circa $300). My gosh if this stuff ever remained stable, it would be retirement time. That is over 10% per day interest! Of course, this is going to come crashing down very quickly - both the price of a Crystal, and the APR%. But for the moment, withdrawal of the crystal earned is going to be on a very regular basis, turn the Crystal back into Jewel, deposit more Jewel, then rinse and repeat. Until it breaks. :rofl:

1 Like

22 hours later, the approximate $3,000 airdrop token giveaway from DeFi Kingdoms has earned $290. If I had a job, I could quit my job. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Really nice profits you’ve got there Mondeo! :blush: I’m both jealous and inspired. :stuck_out_tongue: HAHAH.

1 Like

AHHH. The thousand percent APRs are back again??? Closely watching.

Good lord. Will you cash some out into boring fiat?

I already did. Holding some USDC for the first time in over a year. I bought some AVAX last month in anticipation of this Avalanche-hosted equivalent of DFK, and am just trying to figure out how I navigate multiple chain assets into the Crystalvale gardens. I must be really stupid - I have tried all sorts of stuff and can’t easily understand how metamask handles and stores tokens. I need to do some deep reading. On top of that there are various gremlins in the new systems that cause you to need to do some things two or three times over before they work.

I am smiling because, unlike my introduction to DeFi Kingdoms back in Nov 2021, I got in on this one at day 2 instead of day 60 odd. A headline interest rate of about 10% a day is a first for me, and I am fully prepared for the impermanent loss of Crystal that will surely come quickly. Like the Jewel token, I am just going to stack these within the game and tuck them away for future. Tokenomics of liquidity pairs, especially leveraged liquidity pairs is a true ponzi scheme, and nobody who is serious about this fringe investment says otherwise.

15 crystal reward from 117 xJewel/Jewel pair on deposit is 13% in less than 2 days. I expect Crystal to tank (and maybe Jewel will too), but right now, one xJewel = 1.72 Jewel, a xJewel-Jewel pair is therefore 2.72 Jewel and the 15.4 crystal reward is about 3.4 x 15.4 =52.36 Jewel. So value of the deposit (the first airdrop value) is 117*2.72 *$10 = $3,182 and the interest from less than 2 days deposit is 15.4 x 2.72 x $10 = $419 or +13.1% for 1.5 days.

There is a lock in period in this first week of 95% of tokens, and that reduces on a weekly basis. More and more Crystal can be withdrawn as the period you hold tokens in the garden lengthens. By comparison with the Jewel lock in in DFK on Harmony (ONE), the first week of lock in was 98%, and now at about 36, about 72% of tokens not locked in already from previous withdrawals can be released. The remainder locked can be withdrawn at week 52 over the following year at 2% per week. It will be the same with Crystalvale with respect to locking in the Crystal. It’s a bit complicated to get your head around but I already have around five times the original number of Jewel and ONE that I locked into the gardens in Serendale (DFK) after 4 months so I am no longer trying to predict future value, but expect it to be positive, not negative.

When searching four enormous spreadsheets to find my public key and hence how many Crystal in total I will be dropped, one player at the bottom of the list (sorted in reverse order of quantity of Crystal earned) had 51,111 Crystal, approximately 180K Jewel, or $1.8M of “crystal” value at yesterday’s headline value of $35. A shark for sure whilst I feel like a little tadpole that just grew into a frog.

The DFK folks have just created three organisations out of one. DFK Studios, DFK Serenvale on ONE, and DFK Crystalvale on their own DFK network that runs on Avalanche. I’d say they are about to create some billionaires since they have already created quite a few millionaires since last August.

Oh nice. You’re not planning on re-investing it in a different market or idk maybe spending it? lol.

That screenshot you posted, I initially thought the $300k was your deposit!

Omg.

How are you currently organizing all the private keys and seed phrases? I have some of mine printed but they’re definitely not organized. Then again I don’t dabble heavily into this. I have a friend who forgot his password to Terra and I’m not sure what happened lol. I need to follow up.

Spend it? Never. I spend my consulting fees normally, but this is definitely for the future. I am planning on reinvesting it. Man’s best friend is compound interest :wink:

But until earlier this year I had not contemplated actually taking money OUT of Crypto.

I am seriously thinking of adding to the airdrop of Crystal that happened this week. I also have my eye on a couple of “three zeroes” opportunities. Then I need to do some more serious reading on yield farming. Looks like I am yield farming by default (almost by accident) in DFK Serenvale and DFK Crystalvale. The other yield farm I decided to put a proof of concept size money into (small) was the FOX (Farmers Only). I have just checked on that and my 0.77 initial LP value has grown now to 1.11 (+44%) whereas the FOX token has gone down from just under $7 when I invested to $1.05, so the LP has dropped by 63% and I do not expect it to recover. There is another very small piece of smugness for me to digest. Having minted four NFT apartments in Tranquillity City, and having sold all four for a handsome profit, I have now bought back 3 to replace the original ones I minted. Looks like I can buy another 3 before I spend all the profit from that deal, so I would end up with my original stake plus six properties. It’s slow progress, and the game is still not released, so we only have the mint value and current apartments on the market for sale to go by. I don’t even know how much they can be rented out for once the game begins, but I am on a nice path to just buy and sell apartments with no particular rush. I have now bought 139 NFTs in four different categories, and happy to hold on to most of them for the time being to see how the market develops.

Nice try. I just did the phishing course and NCSC Cyber NInjas 2021 courses. :innocent:

Well, def helps there’s a non-investing income stream! Good for you!!!

In a week, how many hours do you think you spend reading up on crypto and spending time on buying, transferring, managing NFTs / crypto assets in general?

HA. Darnit.

Research - I try to limit that to 10 hours per week
NFT income, liquidity pair additions, subtractions, movements - probably 6 hours per week
Medium term formal planning - less than 2 hours per week, probably should be more, but often distracted by positive results, so what’s the point of more planning if the continuous result is in the right direction :wink:

An update on a week ago.

I have released some more Jewel (sold one Hero out of 49, released some unlocked Jewel, sold some items from Quests worth about $800) and put some more xJewel / Jewel in the Crystalvale garden where interest is still about 2,000%APR.

This creates a more balanced portfolio between the Serendale locked Jewel and the Crystalvale locked Jewel. The latter has a summary sheet that says the Gardens earn 5.5% per day. I can’t get my head around this, but the value of a Crystal has now dropped from $35 on day 1 (when I sold it all for Jewel, then put the initial Jewel in the Garden at over 3,000% APY), then added more and more as earned over the last few days to end up with 390 on deposit up from 117 on deposit.

This is hard to work out on a daily basis, but the locked balance of 114.1 crystal is the equivalent of nearly a 100% gain in quantity since two weeks ago (with 117 crystal invested), whilst the price per crystal has dropped from $35 to $11.46. Now this being an airdrop in the beginning it cost me nothing for the initial 117 Crystal what has earned 114 crystal in 2 weeks whilst I have committed about a further $2K of real funds $1,800 to buy and lock a further 160 Crystal.

In all this recent activity in support of the new Crystalvale game I have made one assumption. And that is the floor price of Jewel will be $4.00 and that of Crystal may be as low as $6.00. The short term return on Crystal is estimated to be about 5% per day (USD220/day) whilst that of Jewel on deposit continues to generate about $53 per day. Though both these figures will drop, and the value of each Crypto will most likely drop, I am still satisfied with the result that started 19Nov21 and has to date returned an overall minus 1% on investment when the total crypto market has returned an overall -25% since 19Nov21.

Easter Eggs in DeFi Kingdoms

On the Discord server for DeFi Kingdoms, it was announced a few days ago that the drop rate of Pet Eggs would be multiplied by 10X for the Easter period.

I have been fortunate enough to get 2 new eggs. I sold my eggs before Easter expecting the price to drop. So far, they are still over $100 each, so a nice Easter present for me.

1 Like

Ok @Mondeoman, what are your honest thoughts on Discord? I feel so ancient using it, I can’t deal with the constant stream of information from anyone and everyone!

Hi,
For anyone contemplating playing games or investing / trading in NFTs, I’d say it is mandatory to join their specific Discord servers. That is the only thing I use Discord for. Sometimes, prolific players post on Discord either some useful content or opinions about direction and relative importance of announcements. And sometimes there are some competitions that are posted only on Discord. I have joined about 20 Discord groups but there are only 5 or so that I look at frequently, and that is to do with very current changes to specific games in which I have an LP, NFT or trading interest on a day to day basis. For me the most visited is still DFK. I just bought my 90th NFT on DFK, and have sold 40 since 1Dec2021. Overall in Jewel terms, I have sold the 40 NFTs for an average price increase of 22% of cost price. There is a sell cost of 3.75% of value. I don’t only trade on price. I trade on price difference AND gain in Experience Points (XP) that impacts relative value of Heroes.

I do not use Discord for any Crypto investment or trade for over 80% of the portfolio. I track Youtube reviews and other articles from any one of ten information sources I have subscribed to.

1 Like

Yeah this is what I gathered.

You are just advancing and advancing! I love it!