Another new guy

Hi. I’m TheSingingTrader, but my friends just call me Jody. I have been bitten by the trading bug, and have begun to dig a bit deeper into learning how to do it. But being totally honest with you all, as well as myself, I have no idea how to get started. I have purchased several books, as I felt I had to start somewhere; I’ve downloaded two or three platforms, although I haven’t started paper trading yet, because when I tried, I realized I didn’t even know how to enter a trade. At this point, I’m green enough to stick in the ground and grow! But I am still reading my books, and I went to tge dollar store and boight about ten notebooks and started taking notes. I spent about 800 bucks on a brand new desk to put in the guest room to take my lessons on. So already I’ve invested over two grand. I’m bound and determined to know what the hell I’m doing “before” ever placing my first paper trade! I hope you all will give me a hand in this thing. I’m glad to have found you!

Start here
this will keep you busy for a while

https://www.babypips.com/learn/forex.Irving

This forum is much beneficial for beginners as well as others who are trading in market. Babypips is my first teacher. I get basic learning from here. Pre-school and advanced level help me a lot in understand all details. New guys are welcomed here they will find it easy to know how this market works , then your mind will tell you how to do trading .

I recommend strongly to go through the School of Pipsology here on Babypips before you dig into books. It will give you a solid foundation that you can build on later.

Just go through the Pips School first. That’s what I did. And if you don’t understand something, then make yourself understand it. Read it over and over until you grasp it, or go to outside sources for help as well

Now, you are on the right place! Yes, BabyPips Forum is the most useful one; you can start your learning process with the BabyPips School! This is very active community; so you can ask any question here!

You are in the right place. The problem is there are lot of information out there. Which information is good is the question. For beginners Babypips school is one of the best options. Once you complete it, you will gradually come to know what more you need to learn. Keep learning. It’s a continuous process.

1 Like

I would like to thank everybody for their suggestions. You’ll be glad to know that I have started “preschool” (smdh) and I have to say that I agree with those of you who say I’m in the right place. This is what I feel I was needing since I first got interested in forex. Yes, there is a plethora of information in books and on the internet, but when you’re a fresh newbie, much of this information is presented in a way that is not easy to digest because a new person is unfamiliar with much of the terminology, how the forex market works, etc. I’m only up to lesson 18 in preschool,and I feel like I have learned so much more in the time that it took me to get to that spot, than I’ve learned so far reading the many books I have purchased. I do believe they will be very valuable to me in the coming months, but for now, they contain information that is too “in depth” for me to comprehend.
Thanks Babypips! Truly one of the best options.

1 Like

Forex is a highly competitive market and what you are doing right now is absolutely right. If you want to survive here for a long period of time, only your god understanding about the forex market can help you at this level. But I have to mention about demo trading accounts, because only the demo trading accounts can give you real trading experience and an opportunity to learn the basics of forex market without taking any risk.

I was sure that the Babypips School here would be of help.
There’s not only a lot of information on the internet that may or may not be difficult to digest for a newbie, a lot of the information is also useless to a newbie, and a newbie would also have a hard time figuring out which is the useful and which is the useless information.

Thanks Nathaniel. I will most definitely start paper trading once I’m done with the course. In the 3rd grade right now! Once I complete the course, I will be back tracking to go over the things I have written down in my notes that I’m not completely clear on. Once I’m done doing that, I will take the entire course over again to make sure it is gelling in my big head. Then it’s off to the races with a demo account to see how much I’ve learned! I’ll probably be a bit more active in the forums then, too, because I’m sure I’ll have some questions for you cats! Thanks again!

Hello Mlawson. You are so right. Before I found babypips, it was as if I was chasing my tail. I wanted a structured method of learning. Lo and behold, I stumbled across babypips 4 or 5 months into my quest. As they say, “When the student is ready, the teacher appears”, “teacher” meaning all you guys here at babypips!

1 Like

You got that right! Thanks Martin. I’m quite busy. I put in an hour or so in the mornings before getting ready for work, I read a few pages while on my lunch break using my ipad or even my phone, then I put in a couple of hours before supper at my “trading desk” in the guest room, (which I don’t know how to use yet), and then while laying in bed before I go to sleep. The course is extremely enlightening and always keeps me wanting more. I want to learn this!

I know that feeling so well you can’t even imagine. I think I spent my first year trading, well, trying to trade, feeling that way. I learned after that and I discovered Babypips way after I stopped being a newbie, but I wish I had found it earlier.

Yes, BabyPips School is the most useful one! I also started my learning process with this school.

Just reread whatever you don’t quite understand, and Youtube is a huge help as well.