Anxiety when starting to trade with a real account

It is very common to experience anxiety when you start trading with a live account. I would advise you to take small risks and get accommodated to winning small wins. Invest only money you can afford to risk. Keep your focus on learning as much as you can from your first few trades, rather than worrying about your profits. This process will boost your confidence and help you overcome anxiety and restlessness.

1 Like

Emotional Management is something which needs to be taken care of. And you can learn about this on real account only.

In different phase i have different emotion problem,it vary according to my trading systems.

When i first trade real my trading system havent formed yet,i trade with huge fear.

After 1 year,i trade with very small stoploss system, which fit my personality,im started to face my fear honestly,but im still get uo at nights to check my position,still terrified as hell.

After huge loss,i leave forex for 10 years,i knew im not coming back until i learn my holy grail.and the reason i think im doing fine with emotion controlling previously,in fact im just getting numb of losing,i just dont care and ignoring it.

Aftrr all these years,im back with my answer ,and its has all changed,.thanks to my trading system,i have NO EMOTION AT ALL again,its not because im a trained expert ,is simply i git different system.

But at the same time,trading is not fun,exciting ,appealing anymore,it became my new day job,all i can do is just wait and profit,ill be glad if the market could move 10 times faster,ill be the richest guy in no time.

1 Like

Hey there.
I entirely get where you are coming from and most if not all traders who’ve traded live accounts can relate.
How I overcame this though was to open an account with US$100.00 and trade multiple trades of 0.01 lots for two weeks. Trust me it works.

It’s okay to have an anxiety when you start trading on a real account, everything because it’s considered to be new experience. However, there are some traders who don’t have a feeling of anxiety when they start trading because they understand that they would lose nothing but money. It depends on your relation to money, the main reason of anxiety and all the fears when you start trading imply the presence of a fear of losing your funds. It’s okay but if you don’t care about money at all and you have plenty o them, then you perhaps won’t be anxious when you will start trading.

1 Like

Agreed, when real money involves anxiety comes in naturally and it is completely normal in starting phase. With regular practice and patience in trading can help someone to reduce this.

trading is blindfolding on eyes and running with the trains. using a trailer stop is like chasing cars fast. trailer stop looks simple, but it is a delicate animal.

trailing stop activated:

trailing stop activated:

trailing stop activated:

Good shout. I make use of multiple income streams (active and passive) and if needed these act as a buffer against any losses.

It’s real, and pay close attention to it. Follow the recommended advice by fellow traders: start with small lots. The purpose is to build your confidence. Once it is established, then you can move to bigger trades.

Decide a time that you want to start trading. Then you just need to forget about it until it is time. Just when you start trading, do it as you did on the demo account. Find your trade and execute it. Don’t overthink about it and just do what the situation demands. You will be good to go.

Being afraid of losing is common when you are using your real money to trade. By gaining some experience with small amounts, you will be able to get an idea of where you stand in the market and increase your risk as per that. This will also make you less anxious because you will be more prepared to take and manage risks.

It is okay to be anxious when real money is involved however, try not to get swayed by your emotions while you are trading.

It’s about the risk.

If you’re anxious, risk 1% or less on your trades. Get comfortable with the losses. They will happen. That’s a guarantee.

Once you become less anxious, and start winning more trades, or winning bigger trades and kissing smaller trades, check your profitability. Once it’s up, adjust your risk parameters.

Anxiety often happens in the initial stage but once you will start getting profits, you will gain confidence and will also slowly get to know the new ways of becoming more profitable.

The struggle is real I don’t rely solely on trading dont think I ever will .
I still wotk part time this helps offset my trading anxiety oh and using good Money management

It is normal to get anxious but slowly you will be able to build up the confidence when you get to know about the market thoroughly.

It is quite common to feel anxiety while trading with a real account after learning so much. One can try to trade with a micro account in the beginning to understand the market without losing much money.

I too was in fear when I placed my first order but then the price started moving as in the demo account and I was relieved as I had my stop loss and take profit in place. I did not have to worry about anything after placing the order other than monitoring the price movement.

In the initial stage of live trading, it is obvious to get anxiety but I think consistent dedication can definitely help to overcome it.

That’s a good way to go. With small risks, traders can get rid of their anxiety and gain confidence. While trading on a micro account, make sure to backtest regularly. This will ensure that you detect flaws in your strategies, improve them, and grow as a trader.