Any advice for a 16yo beginner?

You’re Welcome mate

but yeah
before you leave home
Make a spreadsheet, Plan your life and save so you can pay it upfront before you leave home

honestly mate, that’s probably the best advice ever
after your bills are taken care of and you life is paid.
do what you want… sure
and yeah, don’t go live until you know how to get consistant profits.

Keep learning kid

hey,
currently i’m doing the babypips school program and i am at lesson 82.
they explain everything very well. I also use Youtube to educate myself, I watch Urbanforex and many more Youtube video’s about forex. And i am probably going to buy a book about forex too.

1 Like

@anon81929759
Did you know Anton Kreil started when he was 16/17

The kid might be good at playing games and still be able to win

if he knows the rules…? Just saying :santa:

if he loses his $100 he will still be learning.

In the Babypips forum there are multiple threads about useful Forex books, I recommend going through the recommendations there before you decide which books to buy.

yeah, i’m aware of Anton Kriel, and i agree with what you said

Wasn’t there a wealthy merchants son too leo of pisa lol.
both of them studied hard and got good at what they where studying
Amongst many others…

Most of Todays average 16 yr old’s are different though aren’t they i agree with your wise Advice Martin.

Besides this forum I recommend you tube where you can found top listed Forex Books.

Youtube can be useful, but the problem with searching for information there, especially if you’re a newbie, is that it’s hard to discern what information is good and legitimate and what isn’t. In a forum like Babypips at least there are other traders who can help you do this.

I agree. There are a bunch of videos on trading. Are there any specific channels on trading that’s helpful?

God point, both are good for beginner’s level, yes it’s true there is nobody who can help you in You Tube but in this community lots of traders are on hand who can help the newcomers if they ask for any question about trading. but they have to be active in here for acquiring something more otherwise their effort can be useless.

1 Like

Sounds good really. Good going. But I think you are trying to acquire more something from various educational sources as like you Tube and others Forex Books. Its good but at any times it can make you at random , just keep relax and focus one by one. There is nobody who can earn profit within very short time and also there is no one who can learn good trading knowledge withithn very short time. both are related with a long time process. That’s why not to hurry at all. just learning with great patience.

I don’t know if i can say any brokers name,but i started with bux a year a go,and there are some good channels where you can learn forex trading,i am also a channel collaborator.go check it out

hehe
yes there are, and TO BE HONEST, i know of 2 that i believe are trustworthy . that i’ve personally spoken to the guys,
but, here’s the problem

given this industry if i tell you the names i look like an affiliate , don’t i ?
i prefer to not have that reputation pinned to me

what i can tell you is this
Try to find patterns in what people do
look at the scammers first and notice the patterns , then find someone who is doing something different

i have found that if someone is genuine they may not give you a guarantee in this industry, but they will certainly be as accomodating as they can be

Scammers tend to offer a lot of money in a short period of time (that’s the first red flag)
Scammers offer Large Amounts of money as a guarantee (another red flag)

on the other hand if a guy is gneuinie but does not offer a guarantee, then… the risk is unacceptable anyway… so don’t it

Watch all the videos
Test the Theories and make a decision

look , let me take this for example
Josh Martinez - London Daybreak Strategy

here is MY PERSONAL OPINION

1. you should watch it, but NEVER SIGN UP
  2. Putting aside the fact that he can’t pronounce his own STRATEGY correctly hehe instead he calls is a STRAGY
    (how hard is it to slow down a bit and say STRATEGY hehe)

anyway, the thing with josh is, he can trade (So you can learn from him, to a degree)
but… he focusses on getting people in and them making them franchisee’s
and then training them on how to make a you tube channel and fake trading to get more people in so that he builds his franchise
that’s josh’s deal

is this a scam
yes… to a degree it is

can you learn from it… yes you can

now let’s take imbatrader
Binary Options trade, completely full of [removed for Forums violation]
Watch his series on PATH TO A MILLION

Pay very close attention to the promises he makes
pay attention to how he trades, AS A RULE OF WHAT NOT TO DO

is this guy a scammer… HELL YEAH HE IS
can you learn from it
BLOODY OATH YOU CAN
you can learn what not to do
you can learn how scammers behave
you can learn THAT FRENDLY APPROACH they have to [removed for Forums violation] you in

so my advice is… just you tube things all over the place and learn from them and test everything

Example
if Imbatraders strategy works then this should be true
he calls is path to a million, and starts with $1,000 i think

and the strategy is to double his money each day

OK… THAT THEN MEANS THIS

START WITH $1,00
end DAY 1 with $2,000
Day 2 - $4,000
Day 3 - $8,000
Day 4 - $16,00
Day 5 - 32k
Day 6 64k
Day 7 128 k
Day 8 256k
Day 9 512,000 (half a million)
Day 10 1,024,000 (1 Million)

so it means that he should achieve his goal and ANYONE ELSE FOLLOWING HIS STRATEGY SHOULD ALSO ACHIEVE THE GOAL IN 10 Days

so… we should all be millionaires in 10 days

NOW, I WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT IT LIKE THIS

1. The natural reaction is to say… THAT’S OBVIOUSLY A SCAM AND BULLSHIT
    AND … it is

2. a person will now say… "Too Good to be True"
    forget Too Good to Be True… ok, that’s all bullshit,
    it’s just a very old saying that keeps you from moving ahead.

3. Instead of too good to be true, PROVE THINGS

4. now once you realize it cannot be done
    DEFINE THE REASONS FOR WHY IT CANNOT BE DONE

5. After defining the reasons… PROVE THAT YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT YOUR THEORIES ON THOSE REASONS

that’s how you learn.

my advice is do that, Scrutinize every video you find
that way, you are contributing to yourself and your own learning

1 Like

Thanks sooo much. I will definitely do that! I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to spot the scammers out easily lol

1 Like

You’re Welcome, think nothing of it

1 Like

It’s a nice post with great detail. Thank you Martin, hopefully it will work to make sure which scammers are really.

1 Like

You’re welcome
I’ve found that THE WAY TO SPOT A SCAMMER is either by

1. Mathematics
    or
  2. identifying patterns that they use

some can be obvious to spot
others can seem very genuine

the end goal for every scammer is to ensure that they have achieved some sort of advantage (financial or otherwise) at your expense, with very little return to you if any

but if you look at it logically
or identify patterns that they use
or work out mathematically , i find this will help weed out the scammers
also doing and internet search for a min or 30 mins helps a lot

1 Like

Thanks again everyone for your advice.

While i am going through the babypips school I am learning loads of new stuff and I try to remember everything I read, but I can’t always remember it because I am exposed to lots of new information.

So should I just read through the babypips school or is it better to learn 1 lesson by heart and then move on to the next lesson?

Welcome again but please don’t depend on learning activates only, besides keeping it you have to practice on trading, otherwise it can be useless.

1 Like

I agree, i was just about the say the same thing but you beat me to the punch :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like