ANY EXPERIENCED TRADERS MAKING AT LEAST 100k A YEAR TRADING?

Just read my previous message, didn’t mean to come across as crude :13:

Professionals mainly talk in terms of percentages.
Of course if it’s a personal log then pips /pts are fine but it’s all relative.

Well…people always increase their position sizes…
This is the way I have been taught.
No offence but I shall stick to my pip system…I shall evaluate my profits based on pips
I look at this on a day to day basis and a weekly basis for myself only.

Each person has his methods of evaluation
I think I shall stick to the method that was taught to me…
which is

evaluate your daily and weekly profit/loss in terms of pips

Although saying that, It would be rather interesting to watch the BBC1 Evening news quoting the daily movements of the major currency pairs in pips instead of percentages! LOL

A pip, maybe together with percentage, depending on strat, is important if it comes to your edge or one single trade.

A pip is completely unimportant, if it comes to measure your income. Here, percentage is the key. Or, more particular, roi. Return on invest. That’s alike in every business a measurement of success or failure. Used to be in a month, quarter or year. And, it’s even used to measure a private investment.

Plus, there is also the question of risk in every investment. In trading the most valuable information about risk is the maximal drawdown. If somebody would just come up with pips and no roi and drawdown and tell me about to become a gazillionaire in no time, I’d throw him out of my house in a fraction of a second. Without any regret. Because he smells fishy a hundred miles against the most active hurricane … :smiley:

How is percentage important when the account size is unknown…
Exactly !!!
so the best barometer is the pip !!!
I do understand that people hate the word pip… which is surprising since we live in the world of Forex.
however last night I made 46 pips trading at 20K lot size…

Hui, our Newbie… pops up. lol. Sry, but I am amused a bit, if I read you, lol. :smiley:

So, how do you compare investments for success or failure, no matter what investment it is? Do you count your savings account in pips? Or your shares of stocks? Uhm, let me assume you have no stocks, right? And no savings account? But your are a big trader on fx demo, right? The account size is irrelevant for measuring success or failure. You obvisously have no clue about what others hate or not hate or about business, financing or investments. If you can make 50% a year that’s an roi which is worth the same in every account no matter regarding trading style or whatever. It says, that your return on investment is 50%. Or put another way: For every Cent you invested you got 1.5 back. Then now it comes out you have your buddy infos from chat room buddies of the internet. You know what? You could write whatever you like, I do not believe one [U]pip[/U], lol. I mean, I believe that you believe what you write, but I do not believe what you write, lol. :wink:

If you want deeper information of investments or businesses, you may start there:

Business economics

I’m sorry, but something as simple as this should not be causing as much confusion, if it is you shouldn’t be trading, period.

I don’t think you understand what a pip is in isolation of any other abundant information.
Percentage is extremely important, pips alone mean NOTHING!!! I made 10,000 pips in one week, it means nothing.
I made 500% ROI in one week means everything.

last night I made 46 pips trading at 20K lot size

What you said here better, but by no means usful, you have mentioned the number of pips you made, and [B]also[/B] how much per pip. The question now is what does this gain represent. So go an calculate your ROI, post it in your next reply, and we we finally be getting to the end of what should be second nature when trading. :slight_smile:

But going back to this original thread, pips in isolation do not mean anything

I know buckscoder that all you want to do is bash me and my thoughts in any which way you want

Well…what would you say to a person who has a 10000 dollar account and is trading at 100K lot sizes and making 20 pips a day and getting 200 dollars profit on a regular basis (2 percent of his account)

Only looking at percentage is not correct
Talking about ROI is also not corrrect
Method…Method …Method is my mantra
and the barometer is a PIP
the way I have been taught is simple…I have an instructor who says
trade any account whether Nano, micro, or standard …the main thing is the method and correct money management
He starts with …define how much can you lose (For newcomers he advises a loss of 2 dollars per trade)
and says well…if your stop loss is 50 pips and you can lose 2 dollars do the math and set your trade size accordingly

He says…dont worry about profit and ROI and stuff like that
That will come later.
First get your method correct…
once you are able to consistently make positive pips every week with the correct method…Hmmmm…You have got it made…Now You are on a roll and slowly increase your position size and your profit will increase as long as you are doing proper money management you are fine…

Do not worry about all things like ROI and Percentages…now
First concentrate on the PIP and have a correct method…
So Here are my thoughts !!!

Don’t confuse about the word “know” and “guess”. :wink:

Hmm, I thought you had something to read now instead of continuing trolling here?

Well…what would you say to a person who has a 10000 dollar account and is trading at 100K lot sizes and making 20 pips a day and getting 200 dollars profit on a regular basis (2 percent of his account)

Ive not even finished reading the rest of your post, as you have just hit the nail on the head in your first sentence.
Now you have told us what your account balance is, this you did not make clear in your first post.
So from this info we can now work out your ROI…which is mine and Buckscoder’s point.

Look, if you want to continue trying to represent your progress in pips and pips alone, then great for you. Although when having a conversation with any experienced traders they will question this instantaneously as it means nothing.

I wish I had a 10,000 dollar account
but not me I am not willing to risk 10,000
for now I work with a 4000 dollar account and trade 20K lot sizes…

But hey…I shall stick to two things
Method…Method…Method
and
Pips…Pips…Pips

Those two are my primary goals !!!

Buckscoder…please note …I am just sticking to my point
Method and Pips
I am not saying anything negative against ROI and percentage.
If you carefully read the thread there are other people including yourself who are continuously bashing me and my thoughts.

so…please understand and respect each others opinion …do not beat up other people…

Okay !!!

Sigh. You obviously have a little distorted reception. I do not bash anything or anyone. So, that’s your own interpretation. I just see you with a rather closed mind bashing yourself, if somebody doesn’t agree with your imaginations and comes up with experience and knowledge.

Sure, you can use pips and whatever, but it doesn’t help in any way to compare success or failure then. People could also eat with fingers, but it’s easier to do it with a fork, spoon and/or a knife. If you want to deliver something meaningful to the topic of this thread, don’t come up with something worthless, like a school kid showing up at a business party to tell them 1+1=3, lol. We probably all know now what your opinion is, but it is not backed by any serious reason or at least you couldn’t express it.

Your opinion is yours, though. :slight_smile:

Oh…God !!!
You are doing it again…
You take the conversation somewhere else and talk about spoons and forks and fingers which is very insulting !!!
Buckscoder…
stop with the insults !!!

Your own interpretations are funny. I can not talk about eating by fingers and spoons as an example? Anyways, happy trolling! I see there this light now at this button again … :smiley:

Just lie in you bed and eat it! :slight_smile:

The words pot and kettle spring to mind!

I’m a little teapot
Short and stout
Here is my handle
Here is my spout.

Now just give me the f****ing Stout!

I think it varies from each trader and depends on the tax laws of the trader’s country. Obviously, it has nothing to do with a trade’s ability to make money in the markets, so I wouldn’t waste my energy thinking about insignificant matters. When you really have to consider your entity status, it will mean that you are a successful trader. Good Luck!