Anybody lose access to their prop firm account?

Probably no (

Since some have closed up shop, it makes sense that prices will start to go with those that are still running. Hopefully not too much!

We will see

SurgeTrader in the US having issues. Not a good sign.

1 Like

The US market is probably a bit turbulent right now, but Iā€™m confident that they will find solution

1 Like

And now Surgetrader is completely done.

https://surgetrader.com/

ā€œIt is with deep regret that we announce that as of today, Friday, May 24, 2024, SurgeTrader has closed and ceased all operations. Despite all of our efforts this week to get Match Trade Technologies to further communicate in an effort to resolve our trading platform termination, we have been unsuccessful.ā€

Maybe this isnā€™t bad after all

1 Like

It isnā€™t: itā€™s good.

It all gradually moves people away from CFDs and unregulated scammers toward futures.

Large sections of the industry hate all these developments, of course, but for retail customers itā€™s all very beneficial.

As I understand, in the USA, many people have switched to trading futures?

1 Like

So I understand, yes.

I donā€™t think youā€™re in the US but do you know any trustworthy futures brokers here?

Iā€™m in the UK.

All US futures brokers are properly regulated, and safe. They have to be, by law.

Personally, I like AMP (theyā€™re both here and over there) and for people who like MT5, they have it available.

Great!

Never heard of that broker. Iā€™ll check them out. TY!

1 Like

I didnā€™t mean to suggest that they only have MT5, by the way: they have a whole range.

NinjaTrader brokerage are also fine, and Tradovate has a very nice trading platform and is a perfectly decent broker with slightly-second-best (not horrible!) customer support. (Tradovate is actually owned by Ninja).

Yea looks like they support a bunch of platforms. I use TV which they have. Lots of free stuff too that comes with a account.

Iā€™ve heard of Ninjatrader. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Union Wealth Management (UWM) has brought back MetaTrader 4 and 5 to their platform offerings. This move comes a few months after MetaQuotes, the developer, suspended licenses, shaking up the prop trading industry significantly, especially affecting U.S. users. Now, UWM and other firms are adapting to new regulations and forming partnerships to reintroduce these popular trading platforms. It seems like weā€™re seeing a trend where prop firms are gradually regaining access to MetaTrader, adapting to the evolving regulatory landscape.

How is the regulatory landscape evolving?

Need to check

Thanks. Iā€™m asking because it seems to so many of us that the cause of the undeniable big problems is the fact that the regulatory landscape HASNā€™T yet changed at all? (It would be great if it does, though?)