Anybody use music to regulate their trading psychology?

I am not sure if I’ll be able to concentrate while playing Rock & Roll. I prefer listen to blues, as it helps calm my nerves and make me feel more relaxed.

hasn’t worked for me yet - so NO i DO NOT listen to music while trading.

i mean, i did TRY, but either i got too much into the music and didn’t focus on the trading, or the music started to distract me (especially when a song / track came on that i didn’t find enjoyable). i’ve tried classical, trance, ambient, nature, smooth jazz., …

“I just want something I can ignore!” ~ John Cusak in High Fidelity

i guess i’ve still not found something like that.

I like to hear music when I feel bore. Good music make me motivte to do work with interest. Actually seeing same things daily on monitor is boring some times. I feel good with music . It regulate my psychology , I can work and think quickly and reasonably .

just to clarify one thing: the notion that classical music is linked to IQ is an old myth that has been debunked by actual cognitive science research time and time again.

music can help people get into moods, so whatever mood you think you need to trade better, find whatever gives you that. if you feel you’re too afraid to take necessary trading risks maybe listen so some heavy metal or gangsta rap. if you’re stressed out and need to relax maybe some reggae or ambient meditation music.

after i left my old job where i had to spend all day every weekday trading stocks, my playlist changed genres completely.

Yes I like music while trading.Music motivates me and it is a way of getting concentration .I do not pay attention to other aspects that can impact externally on me . I just listen my favorite music and make analysis for trading decisions.

Being an electronic music writer I like this thread. I believe music in most forms helps one keep their wits about them when making tough decisions. Also when you put yourself in a similar state to when you are trading successful you have a greater chance of repeating the success you made before, so if you include music and find it helps then keep listening!

I listen to classical music myself! It helps me think in a relaxed state. Really helps when the markets move really fast and I need to calm down, haha.