Anyone from Canada?

I’m from Ottawa, Ontario! Anyone out there in Canada as well? Heck, if you’re Ottawa, lets compare notes :slight_smile:

I dont get around to posting much, but I do allot of reading and lurking here. I’m from Toronto, Ontario but currently attend school in the Niagara Region.

Nice to meet you - how long you been trading for?

Hi there and welcome. There are a handful of us here yes :slight_smile: We were thinking of going to Toronto for the Grey Cup next month, but only if BC is in it but by the time we know that, it’ll be too late to book a hotel and I think it’s even sold out for the game now anyways. It was here last year and we went for the whole weekend…it was a blast. So we decided to have a Grey Cup party at our house instead :slight_smile: GO LIONS GO!

Nice to meet you as well Poctim. I have been trading demo for a year now, and just last month started trading a live account, I have luckily made some profits to cover up my mistakes and I am overall in the green, I am reading the Inner Circle Traders guide and I have found the information there priceless.

That sounds like it was quite the party, nice to meet another fellow Canadian.

Hey, I am from Canada! I live in Toronto and I have been studying and testing forex for the past few months now. If you guys are interested in sharing knowledge together - let’s do this!

Lucas

Hey people!! Nice to meet you I’m from Canada Montreal. I’ve been trading for 2 years now and 1 year out of that in real account whit oanda. Is anyone here whit oanda also? I here pretty negative things whit this broker and I would like to know if this is a good broker to continue on.

I don’t know the answer to that but it seems we’re a bit limited on broker options so if you’ve got one, I’d probably keep it until you find something better. I’m currently considering them myself, but was wondering, if you don’t mind me asking, if you had to fill out a form about being an “Accredited Investor” and if so, well either you are rather well off and it didn’t faze you, or it is just a formality and they let it slide, or it’s not an issue in Quebec…???

I’ve been with FXCM since my start, I love em - great system. They have their own software (Trading Station) which I absolutely adore, and they have MT4 for the popular kids too :slight_smile:

Best part is you can choose which country your account is setup in, so as to avoid the FIFO rule or Hedge if wanted. I’m personally setup through London, even though I’m in Canada - and still get the account balance in USD - go figure, we canucks are multicultural after all :slight_smile:

I’d love to share knowledge, the more we gain the better off we are. I can’t PM right now (need 20 posts) but if anyone wants to exchange notes - shoot me an email, or I have this User ID on AIM as well (Poctim)

Yes, I’ve started ICTs threads too - and am very much enjoying it. Lots I already knew, but a lot of things to make me think too - great content.

Another good thread was What Really Turned My Trading Around

Pretty much statistics based, but a lot of good information I hadn’t thought to look for before his thread. Great read!

Hi sweet pip, to answer to your questions that I really don’t mind answering :). No… I had no form or even info on those issue. That’s why I was hoping someone could help me out. But to be honest I wouldn’t be surprised because whit everything happening in Quebec right now. Our new prime minister mrs maroie is changing everything.

Loll that’s real good to know thx. If the worst come along I won’t forget Fxcm.

I’m with FXCM too. Customer Service is quick.

I was going to sign in whit Fxcm but after reviewing all the brokers on forexpeacearmy.com I was recommended to NOT go whit them. So for a small 2000$ initial deposit it all came down to oanda.

I am from Toronto , and started trading recently. I started to trade news as it suits my circumstances. Looking forward to connecting with u all.

Really? I wonder why - will have to check. But as far as a deposit of $2000, I started mine with $200 and smallest is $100 deposits. I did research em, and of course there’s always the people who say it’s a “scam” when it’s not, they just weren’t very good at Forex :stuck_out_tongue:

The only issue I can see is in customer service, it’s email only (24hr turn around) for smaller (mini/micro) accounts - full chat and phone for standard accounts, so have to have a balance to get it - but I can understand, they have a BIG subscriber base.

I agree whit you. I guess at one point we have to pick one and work whit it.

$200 deposit! When I was with them (FXCM), I also had to deposit $2k minimum for a mini…not sure if I could have gotten a micro account but it didn’t seem so. Then they told me they couldn’t cater to BC residents anymore, so they moved me to MF Global Canada…who ended up going bust…luckily I got my money back.

Very good. I can see that there is a good bunch of us. I have a bunch of PDFs (quite a bit actually) if anyone needs. Its always good to have something printed out to read during your morning commute etc. If you are starting up - I actually found the school section pretty easy going and explains quite a lot. Get that stuff covered and then I guess you can move into trying out some strategies.