Anyone here vaping? šŸš¬

Bud, you are goals right now.

Iā€™ll say it. Alcohol! Kidding, kidding.

Exercise and coffee. Thatā€™s what I use. Coffee keeps me up and going, exercise lets me stay healthy.

1 Like

Haha! Nothing can make you crave for smoking as much as Alcohol.

So far, the quickest and most effective way Iā€™ve seen for some friends and family to stop smoking is a serious health scare. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Smoking is complicated.
I quit 35 years ago. I was 30.
When you quit:
Nicotine withdrawal is what makes you panic and think of nothing else for the first few days.
Tar withdrawal is what makes your lungs and bronchial tubes itch for weeks or even months and you know more smoking will re-coat them and sooth them.
The nerves in your arm will be signaled periodically according to how often you lit up by your spinal chord - you donā€™t even have to give it conscious thought - you just reach for them.

If you can reduce those things first, before you quit, that will be helpful.
A catalyst, like a health scare, or your children crying when you light up, can definitely help alsoā€¦

2 Likes

How long have you been smoking when you quit?

Read the Book !

Everybody stops smoking for 8 hours every day and the ā€œAddiction cravngsā€ are so mild - they dnā€™t even wake you up !

Read the Book ! :wink:

Hi, ponponwei,
Since a teenager, so, about 15 years by then.

Good on you for quitting. Must have been really difficult!

This is a real struggle. I know the withdrawal symptoms are worst. Many people phase into depression or various mental traumas.

Well, I dont want to reach to level where I find something is wrong with my body and for that I have to give up smoking. I would really appreciate quiting beforehand.

For sure. It will take a lot of self-discipline but it can be done! :muscle:

1 Like

Looked into that today. Great reviews. Lots of people have used Allan Carrā€™s books to quit. If i still smoked i would certainly buy a copy. His ā€œLittle Book of Quittingā€ Kindle edition is only $1.99.
I was very agitated for awhile after quitting.
His other books seem to use the same principles. Iā€™m going to peruse them and probably pick up something as good ideas for living better are always welcome.
Thanks!
Sorry I made quitting smoking look so dire. Counting the costs is a habitual part of analysis and preparation for me, but donā€™t want to be pessimistic.

As I said - It worked so amazingly well for me that Iā€™m just mystified as to why the ā€œDoctorsā€ ignore it.

Iā€™ve got his ā€œLose weightā€ book - but I havenā€™t read it all as it seems to want to push the ā€œlow fatā€ mantra which is beginning to be recognised as wrong. - Just him trying to use the great ideas of the first one to bring in some extra dosh methinks !

Not at all - thatā€™s how ā€œtheyā€ keep you hooked - with the ā€œLittle monsterā€ urging on the ā€œBig monsterā€ - the first time I stopped I was banging my head on the wall (literally) for 6 weeks and couldnā€™t go into a pub for 6 months ! So I know exactly that pain you speak of !

But with ā€œthe bookā€ - itā€™s almost completely pain free ! :smiley:

i just noticed the cigarette in the title. Ha!

thank you so much for the motivation :smiley:

Most definitely the struggle is real. Even for weed smoking,I was addicted to smoking weed for a longgg time and it made sense because I did it damn near everyday. It was hard as hell for me to just take a slight break so I knew I had a problem. A lot of people try to say its not addicting but if you wake up needing it then it is. Itā€™s something I had to stop doing, especially after I started studying forex. Mainly because I would get tired and pass out after I smoked and wouldnā€™t be 100% focused on my tradingā€¦so I had to make the sacrifice. I wanted to have control over myself and the weed had control over me, so Iā€™m glad I was strong enough to quit. Plus, it was draining my bank account. Youā€™d be surprised how much money youā€™re spending buying tobacco products/weed on a regular basis. Itā€™s was one of the things I had to get rid of in order for me to perform at my best when trading. Everything is just mental,if you do something all the time repeatedly then eventually itā€™ll turn into a habit, whether itā€™s good or bad. Just have to recognize the bad ones before it gets out of hand

3 Likes

Pizza is love :yum::yum:

1 Like

Inspirational story!
I think I am smoking less since the start of this thread. I guess reading experiences really help.

1 Like

Haha! Can deny bud!