Are old trading books still relevant?

One of my favorite old books is Forex Price Action Scalping.
A word of caution though, you can’t apply every old concept or idea in the markets of these days. You should be able to differentiate the information that is still relevant from the concepts that are worn out.

Not all the old trading books are relevant. You can find a few things that still go well but I feel that the market has moved so much that these books seem outdated now.

If you can list the specific books you feel are outdated it’ll help emphasize your point and hopefully bring about a constructive conversation around it.

Man, I’m kind of all over the place. Maybe I need to take a step back and just focus on something. Price action comes up a lot.

I did a search for price action using the magnifying glass at the top and this is the first thing that shows up.

Looks like a ton of posts.

Or can anybody recommend a price action book?

Price action is very advanced and is a trading methodology that requires a lot of heavy reading and prior knowledge. It also doesn’t efficiently build on the foundations you’ve established through the babypips course.

You didn’t find any books in that first list of recommended books? That’s weird. There are mentions of a lot of good books to start with right there. Even if the posts are a little old there are newer editions of the same books.

Edit: Kathy Lien’s book is one example I can think of and there are quite a few mentions of the Technical Analysis books you asked about too. You just have to click on the link, compile the most mentioned books, research their reviews on Amazon/goodreads and find out if they have more recent editions.

Oh man, i didn’t even click that thread from Pipcrawler until just now! I saw New Market Wizards and just started rambling!

There’s a bunch of books there I never heard about.

1 Like

There’s a TON of good books from the various folks posting. And the good books keep popping up regularly too.

1 Like

Ok wow. Plenty of options! Thanks!

I’m sure there are some out there but the web must have so much more