Are Robots Slowly Replacing Human Workers

McDonald’s FIRST Fully Automated Restaurant!

1 Like

Getting a degree in engineering might be a good idea, this type of job will be in high demand in the future

1 Like

OMG

It’s pretty crazy, but I’m not surprised. So many Americans have been fighting to raise the minimum wage. This is how businesses will respond to that.

2 Likes

@SmallPaul What do you think of Chat GPT?

1 Like

Thanks for bringing that up, I’m looking into it now, and I will get back to you

ChatGPT could make these jobs obsolete: ‘The wolf is at the door’

Artificial intelligence is here, and it’s coming for your job.

So promising are the tool’s capabilities that Microsoft — amid laying off 10,000 people — has announced a “multiyear, multibillion-dollar investment” in the revolutionary technology, which is growing smarter by the day.

And the rise of machines leaves many well-paid workers vulnerable, experts warn.

“AI is replacing the white-collar workers. I don’t think anyone can stop that,” said Pengcheng Shi, an associate dean in the department of computing and information sciences at Rochester Institute of Technology.

“This is not crying wolf,” Shi told The Post. “The wolf is at the door.”

2 Likes

I don’t understand why anyone would create AI. Why would you create something that would threaten humanity?

This is literally the storyline of Terminator.

Just because you CAN, it doesn’t mean you SHOULD.

The only reason I could see someone doing this for, is because a competitor is dumb enough to do it, and they don’t want their competition to win.

Sure, there could be military applications…damn. There it goes again. Straight out of Terminator!

There really is no stopping it. We’re eventually gonna get killed by machines. They need to take a page from Jurassic Park. ¨You never stopped to think if you SHOULD.¨

2 Likes

This is Ghost-in-the-Shell type stuff here. It can write newspaper articles, and can mimic your younger self. WTF?!

You know what’s gonna happen? One day, someone’s gonna try to pull the plug, and it’s not gonna turn off.

ultron

1 Like

You can imagine how advanced the robots are today compared to this footage.

Japanese Killer Robots Murder 29 Scientists

In this video, we’ll investigate the viral video claiming that 4 Japanese killer robots killed 29 humans in a lab. these claims made by Linda Moulton Howe in 2017 has resurfaced to make a viral video that scared and shocked people in social media. is it MEGAN ?

Today is a time when scientists and engineers should think more about if they should, rather than if they can

Hot Robot At SXSW Says She Wants To Destroy Humans

1 Like

Honestly, I think dudes are gonna buy these things and wanna use them as s*x dolls. haha

If they ever create one with female anatomy, these bots are gonna fly off the shelves. And if the government ever subsidized them, crime will drop and men will be able to focus on their endeavors. Police will become almost obsolete, just like in Demolition Man. World peace might even be achievable. The world population growth will slow down, prices will drop, animal habitats will expand, and no one will need psychotherapy.

1 Like

To Each His Own.

Will Robots Replace Fast Food Workers?

This robot named Flippy runs the fry station at a White Castle outside of Chicago. With a mechanical arm and using computer vision technology Flippy can cook everything from french fries and onion rings to cheese sticks. White Castle said it plans to add 100 Flippy’s to its kitchens’ nationwide. Up to 82% of restaurant positions could, to some extent, be replaced by robots.

1 Like

A robot made my omelette!

1 Like

I hate to see low wage workers being replace, at least it was a job

1 Like

It’ll be hilarious if the robots started demanding hire wages and rage quit.

The robots will start self-reflecting ¨what am I doing with my life?¨ hahaha

2 Likes

now imagine what I wrote above your comment :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Robots: This sht isn’t worth it, lets just kill humans, much more fun

Exactly, that’s a lot of jobs removed from the economy. Just think about it. All of those jobs replaced means less money for people to earn and spend money in their community.

If would make sense for people to protest those establishments that are replacing jobs with robots. And if the company closes that restaurant altogether, oh well. They were losing most of those jobs anyway!

That company is profiting from that local economy while giving little back.

1 Like

I couldn’t have said it better :+1:

Major economics problems in the future

1 Like

Restaurant of the Future 2023, Food Robots On The Rise

Restaurant of the Future in 2022, let’s take a look at the best projects automating the restaurants of the future in 2022. The Robot Restaurant Revolution is on the rise. Due to a number of factors such as labour shortages, rising costs and a need for extra efficiency more restaurants are incorporating robots into their food businesses. We have a look at why this is, the added benefits they can bring, and some of the most innovative projects in the space.

1 Like

A long time ago, cars put horse carriages out of business. Is that the same thing?

I never thought to complain about cars. Why should I complain about robots replacing a few jobs?

Maybe I’m being a hypocrite, but I think this crosses a line. Think of all those people with no jobs. Horse carriages as taxis is but a small portion of working people. But this is much worse. Phasing out people from the food industry is a much larger effect than misplacing the horses. As a matter of fact, horse carriage taxis can just get cars and use those instead of horses. They can still work.

But these people are being replaced entirely, and greatly reduces the number of jobs available in a city, while taking people’s money OUT of the community. When people earn money in their city, they generally spend a lot of money in their city as well. Going to clubs, at the grocery store, eating at local restaurants. Those local restaurants, in turn, employ a portion of those people, and the economy keeps rolling.

But after this, local money goes into the business, then the money leaves and goes to people who most likely don’t even live there. They don’t spend that money locally. That money leaves and goes some place else. No bueno.

1 Like