Are the neural networks the ultimate Holy Grail?

Ha, as i was reading the main bulk of that post all i could think was,

smile and wave boys… smile and wave!

Thing is, with only 34% accuracy and R:R = 2:1 you’ll achieve the same result. Assuming of course lot size, SL and TP are kept constant for each trade. For example, you’re trading say, AUD/USD at 1USD/pip - 30 pip SL, 30 pip TP. So, on average out of every 100 trades you’re winning 51 trades and losing 49… P/L = (5130)-(4930) = +60 USD. With a 2:1 Reward to risk ratio, SL=30 pips, TP=60 pips; P/L = (3460)-(6630) = +60 USD.

It is interconnected.Don’t tell me that the EUR futures are not influencing the EUR/USD or any EUR market for that said.
Even the BP school talks about that.
Commitment of Traders Report | Market Sentiment | Freshman Year | Undergraduate
All markets are interconnected, and the fact that futures is traded in other fashion, be it, but its still contributing to the FX rates, like it or not

This from one of the leading Hedge Funds in the top 20 for 2013:

“We were in the range of 30% to 60% net long for most of the year and took that to 100% net long in October, so that hurt us as markets continued to fall, and we thought it was bottoming at that point".

Needless to say that wasn’t this year he was referring to, it was, however, a year in which he was explaining being down 60%

More importantly, he remained completely optimistic for the future of his HF - and he was right.

I’m posting this in case learner traders think that large Hedge Funds or others have at their disposal some sort of holy grail.

Thanks much for your detailed post.I kinda feel like this thread is going very offtopic, as me getting bombarded with all nonsense for the past few days :slight_smile:

It is good to see that some of us still stay on topic, thanks again.

I will build it very soon i feel that i know much about the NN now :slight_smile:

Yes, they are interconnected - but NOT the same market, contrary to your original comment.

No offense here, im sure neural networks are really useful although somewhat primitiva like anything trying to simulate the most complex organism but saying i have a system that has 51% is like saying i can always predict something will be either yes or no , either black or white, either up or down with a 1% deviation on yes ?

right ?

Not quite, its just saying that your prediction will be wrong 49 times out of 100. This in itself is not overly useful. If you take the equities market most of the time its gone up. So the predictive indicatior always stay long is accurate more than 50% of the time. Thing is the always long indicator is useless for so many, many reasons.