Are there any rules for scalp trading?

like for example if you want to be a day trader for stocks you need a certain amount in your account. Are there any rules for scalp trading for forex?

Same for forex trading but due to higher leverage you need less margin comparing to stock trading.
Also consider slippage and spread widening occurring quite frequently what makes scalping very difficult on retail forex brokers. Also try to use spread+commission brokers rather floating spread ones because of the advantage of Stop Loss triggered later and Take profit earlier.

The main rule, for a retail trader (other than possibly for a [I]very[/I] experienced, typically ex-institutional one with [U]very[/U] substantial capital) would be “Don’t have anything to do with it”.

Apologies if this sounds “negative”, but it’s completely realistic.

Even if you could ever manage to do it profitably (and it’s [I]hugely[/I] stacking the deck against yourself to try it), clearly no counterparty market-maker broker is going to tolerate a successful scalper for very long anyway, because the practicalities and speed of scalping predicate that it would be [B]them[/B] that you’d be scalping, not [B]the market[/B].

A genuine broker, for those with the funds to trade via one, has absolutely no problem with scalpers at all, of course, because scalpers trade far more frequently than anyone else (other than an automated HFT), and every trade represents a commission to them. Edited to add: this is also, of course, a substantial part of the reason why it’s such a misguided approach to trading in the first place, for aspiring retail traders.

Do you know how much we need in our account to start scalp trading?

No matter what is the trading method, you need rules in order to be successful in forex market.

I agree with lexys here. Real STP brokers accept all kinds of trading strategies including scalping as they don’t care if they are scalping the market. They are just intermediaries between the traders and the liquidity providers. Genuine brokers rely on commission so they prefer their clients to win. But for some scalpers this is a bit expensive so they choose market makers.

IMO you would also need an extreme fast execution and stable connection so you could (eventually) maximize the profit from scalping. Maybe using a VPS to reduce the latency would also be helpful. And like lexys suggested better use a STP/DMA broker in order to avoid conflict of interests.

For the reason explained in post #3 above, clearly the absolute minimum would be “enough to open an account with a non-dealing-desk, non-market-maker broker”. (For Interactive Brokers, as one example, that would be $10,000. There are others who require lower minimums, but that fact doesn’t make it advisable … and it isn’t!).

We, the retail traders just trade some pips or for some minutes and they call it scalping. I don’t trade in scalping method, I usually trade long terms.