Are trading courses worth it?

Is it worth to spend money to learn forex trading with any trading courses?

I suggest that you start out with the BabyPips school first. Then when you feel that’s not enough to start you out maybe then you can decide if you want to take another course to supplement the free trading course here.

Its depend on your point of view, some may find it very useful some not. If you do not have any knowledge about Forex and how to trade, its always good to start with joining any kind of trading courses to learn more. Or else the shortcut will be just look for account management team which you will need to bear with the risk.

Personally I do not think it’s worth the trouble. This platform has more than enough free info to take you places if you treat it seriously (as if you paid for it.) Paid courses will teach you the same thing that this platform offers for free, and most of them tend to specialize only on the “so called mentor’s” trading methodology, which only leaves you with a huge room for curiosity. Curiosity is detrimental in trading as it gives birth to the temptation of system hoping during drawdowns.

On the other hand, free education is kinda DIY, where all information is provided for you to pick the right pieces to complete your own puzzle. You are given the free role of building your own customized system and methodology, which leaves little, or no room for curiosity. You are more likely to stay disciplined with a system you built yourself (rather than one that was sold to you).
However, it all comes down to individual preference.

Hmmm. :thinking: There are lots of free stuff online so I’m not sure I would personally pay for trading courses. :open_mouth: I agree that maybe you could try the free ones first and see how they work for you? Cause in the end, the free courses and demo trading might be enough to learn more. :blush:

If you get through the raft of free stuff and still aren’t progressing then maybe a tutor at that point to direct your learning might be useful but certainly not from the off.

If you pay for it you might take it more seriously.
It’s worth it if your brain works this way.
I paid for a mentorship course it was worth as I realised quickly that I am more interested and happy trading my analysis :wink:

I can name 10 best price action free ebooks and videos and 10 free entry rules. In addition, it totally depends on your style.

On a training course you’re not paying for revolutionary quality content, more for convenience. You pay the trainer to collect all the material, filter out the complex or ambiguous stuff and give you what’s left in a concentrated package over a short time.

If you’re in a hurry to try trading because you have an alternative enterprise which is time-limited so you must make a decision on trading first, urgently, it could be worth it.

I don’t think it is worth the money as all the required information and training videos can be found on the internet. Also, demo account gives a first fand experience about trading conditions. So, spending money on the courses is not worth it.

No it is not. What you can spend money on is a Forex strategy that works. Or video tutorial that teaches step by step how to setup indicators that provides solid signals.

I would suggest against opting for a paid course when everything is freely available online. Finish the freely available content on popular sites and then check out if the paid course is offering anything beyond that.

2 Likes

What could be beyond what we have on babypips? Unless a one on one couching

read this:

There is at least a new topic per week about mentors…
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, from my experience, they are totally worth it. I am someone who lost motivation initially and my institute not just helped me learn, but also motivated me from time to time. I was also provided with a mentor who I could approach every time I faced any dilemma.
My two cents would be to first do your own research, see if trading is something you would like to do in long term or is just something you heard about and are excited about right now. First learn the basics of it from places like babypips, etc. Then try doing trades on demo. If you still feel motivated but not very confident about your knowledge and strategies, then you should definitely take up a course.

Maybe. But when you have the School of Pipsology, why would you go somewhere else? There is a lot you can learn from here.

1 Like