Are you emotionally affected by your profits or losses?

Yes, losses and profits have huge impact on our emotions and am no different from the rest of the herd where in have been trading emotionally only to lose the potential money that could have been made with factual reasoning. Its time for us to realize the fact that its only strong mindset which can help us succeed the forex trading business and not emotions.

Being emotional cannot be completely eradicated because emotions is part us. When i lost most of trades i always felt very bad even when i understand that loss is part of forex. So whether we are winning or losing our emotion is always affected.

Yes i same with this where its was happened to me many times , i am so emotionally when my trade shown loss result , ater that i will get high tension will be anger then do revenge , its hard to avoid this condition in my trade

I think its more in the sens of holding a losing trade or letting run a winning one with emotions rather than be rational!

It is right that there is no trader who can trade without emotion at all because we are still human so it’s still possible to be affected with emotion in trading. But if there is proper money management and risk management then we won’t lose more than we could afford to take even in emotion condition. So, traders can’t remove emotion as part of trading but they could control it with good trading plan to follow.

I’m barely affected by either losses or successes.
I feel disappointment when a trade loses but thats mainly because it means I read the charts wrong or made some other wrong decision.
I used to feel quite bad about losses but not anymore, maybe because I know I can easily afford to blow my account many times over, maybe because I accept its a natural part of trading to lose sometimes.

But if we want to help ourselves its always better for us to control our emotions when we are trading in this highly potential field where making money can be to the sky limits but only if the traders have their own trading rules and discipline.

Control emotion well is not easy thing to do because condition of market won’t be same time to time so it’s not easy to control emotion as your planning. Good trading plan is important thing in forex business because you can manage amount of profit and loss in trading but good planning will be useless if traders can’t be discipline to follow the rule. So, traders must capable to control emotion in order to be discipline with the rule.

It may not be easy, but I think it is very important to master that task otherwise trading will become rather difficult to handle and will lead to plenty of losses.

OP says Winning makes you high, and losing makes you suicidal.

Welcome to Forex - Enjoy your time here :slight_smile:

This is where strengthening your discipline comes in. Finding a ‘middle ground’ that you lock into by master control of your discipline and strengthening your will power.

Step outside the lines and you will feel these emotional extremes.

Like other people have said, we are only human - and this is always going to something we must deal with, and keep under control.

You are right maybe with trading rules and discipline can help us not easy being emotional during trade in loss result nor profit result. but any how its not easy , as [B]bearish [/B]said market condition is different from time to time , we will face unpredictable condition that make our mind and mental get pressure and feel frustration also

No matter how we trade whether on the losing or on the earning side we are very much affected by or emotion . But putting it under control is what matters most. And is possible most times when we have carefully mapped out trading plan.

I think it’s common thing that traders are affected emotionally in trading because no one who likes to suffer loss and no one who doesn’t like to gain profit. It is normal thing that our emotion will be affected in trading but it doesn’t mean that we can’t control emotion in trading. If there is proper money management and risk management so it’s no need to worry that you will lose more than you can afford to take. Profit will make you more confident (normally) and loss will make you disappoint and regret your decision. Those are normal things.

It is the proven science that humans are more emotional when they are sad than they are happy. We can cry at the same old grief but it is very difficult to laugh at the same joke.

Well, I can’t imagine a trader who is not affected at least deep down. I mean, I wish I could be as cool as a cucumber, but it’s not that easy when it comes to your real money. Lol, I even get upset when I lose money on practice accounts. If there is a risk, there are emotions… As easy as that. However, I believe that cool and experienced traders can really stay calm… and earn… and lose… I wish again I could be as great.

It’s really common when we emotionally affected by profit/loss. But for me, I would rather stop my trading if I get loss to prevent any ‘revenge’ and stop when I reach my daily plan to prevent myself from greediness…

Yes, it’s common thing for traders to be affected by profit or loss in your trading because no one who likes to suffer loss and no one who doesn’t like to gain profits. But it is important to know that good traders should capable to maximize profit and minimize loss so you must learn to control emotion in trading so you won’t lose more than you could afford to take.

Just like what you’ve said, it’s hard to remain neutral when we got a profit or a loss, but money and risk management is the answers for reducing the risk of forex itself so that we couldn’t get much affected by the lost we had…

Absolutely I agree with you

I have no real emotional attachment or response to the outcomes of individual trades, but that’s because (a) I’m Asperger-ish to start with and (b) my entire orientation for trading comes from a mathematical, statistical, probabilistic perspective, and I’ve never put on a trade (for real money) without knowing that it has positive expectancy. Of course, I still lose [I]plenty[/I] of trades, as anyone does.