Are you learning any new language?

Hello pips!

I am a native Spanish speaker, I speak English fluently and I am learning portuguese.

Do you have any apps that you love that are helping you to become fluent on any language?

Thanks,

I’ve always wanted to learn a new language but have never gotten round to it!

Hello,

It is very good for your brain as well for the friends that you can make around the world.

I currently use one app called Memrise. But, I wanted to see if somebody was using a different app or website to learn.

Thanks!

1 Like

Jeez, I’ve got a lifetime of Forex trading to learn before I even think about learning a new language. Might be living in Spain soon though so maybe pick that language up by accident :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been trying to learn Japanese in my free time.

I often visit to the Arab countries and I really find it difficult to talk to the native people and it embarrasses me a lot. So, I am learning Arabic right now to get more interaction with the Arabs while my stay in those countries. What are you learning right now folks?

I would love to lear spanish

Wouldn’t mind learning Spanish myself

I’m using Pleco, Skritter, and ChineseSkill to learn Mandarin Chinese

I used to know how to speak a little Spanish as a child but then when there wasn’t anyone to converse with regularly in Spanish I Iost it. :sweat: I’m hoping to re-learn it I just haven’t found the time.

@eddieb I also want to learn Mandarin Chinese. Are these apps and would you know if they’re available in iOS? Thanks! :blush:

Have you guys heard of the app/website called duolingo?

I have these apps on my iPhone

1 Like

I am planning to learn french. I am using this app for language training - DUOLINGO

Thanks @eddieb. I’m going to try the apps you mentioned. :blush:

Thanks for sharing these apps @eddieb! My son has a Mandarin subject in his new school and these apps will be very useful to us. :blush:

How’s your Mandarin been progressing? Also, how long have you been trying to learn it?

Ive been learning it on and off for years. I go to China most years but feel I would need to stay a prolonged period to become competent.

I play a youtube video of common phrases through my cars entertainment system about 3 times a week, rather than listening to the radio.

Yes, I do at least I am trying to. If you know how to speak and can communicate with lot of other different peoples there are lot of other possibilites open to you in relationships, business and overall social activities. English is not my first language as well anyway.

I see. That makes it a lot easier to learn any language if you actually are exposed to it or have to use it in actual conversations. I’m sure you’re going to be fluent in it in no time. You can understand it when locals speak to you though right?

Awesome. What languages can you speak?