Asking a Question: Am I a Day Trader or Swing Trader?

I’d like to ask this important question. Before I’ve always considered myself a swing trader but now I’m confused. Here’s my question; so I analyze the market with two Timeframes, that is, the H4 and the H1 Timeframes. I’m slightly confused if I’m a day trader or swing trader because I check my charts every hour to know if there’s a possible entry point. I just realized I haven’t asked the question. My bad.

With my little explanation can someone assist me to answer if I’m a Day trader or Swing trader?

You’re a day-trader if you make it a rule to always close your trades the same day as you opened them.

4 Likes

Regardless if it’s profit or loss?

Also, thank you for answering this question. I was slightly confused and needed clarification.

Day trading and Swing trading are slightly similar, aren’t they? The only difference is that swing traders can leave their trades for a longer period of time?

Hi and welcome,
I consider myself a day trader (Forex) and a swing trader (crypto). However, I don’t make any differentiation between the two. It is always my intent to enter, manage and exit the trade within one day, but the market isn’t always friendly enough to do my bidding. So next day, when I look at the open trade I ask myself one simple question: Is the setup still valid. Would I have entered the same trade today that I entered yesterday? Answer yes - let it run. Answer no - close the trade.

5 Likes

Day trading and swing trading are very similar. However, swing trading works a lot safer. I do day trading but never close with a loss.

2 Likes

I feel comfortable doing swing trading. That’s why I do less day trading.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply.

I understand. Thank you so much for your reply.

Alright. Thank you!

Are you all closed end of the day win or lose? If so, day trader.

1 Like

Thank you too. If you are in the trading community, you can learn a lot of new things.

1 Like

Alright. I understand now. Thank you! :heart:

How do I join the trading community?

Sounds like your a day trader or looking to day trade ?
Swing trading is less stressful

So what do you do instead of closing with a loss.

I do some scalping to cover that loss when I’m at Loss. When the profit of scalping is adjusted with the loss, I come out in trade close.

1 Like

How long have you been scalping? Ever try longer term?

Is this a separate trade from what’s already running?

?

So there are other communities…?

@ponponwei

Yes, there are other trading communities that relate to forex. Myfxbook, ForexFactory, Mt5, are some of the most active trading communities.