At age of 30 with no background in financial market, is learning trading possible?

I know someone who started learning how to trade at 55. If you are willing to put in the time and effort to learn, it’s never too late.

Practice, practice, practice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like the grind you put into this :muscle:t5: are you profitable currently?

Not yet :slight_smile: I am doing this for 1 year…

I strongly advise you to read Mark Douglas - Trading in the Zone. This book helped me understand that the key in becoming successful in trading (which in fact means consistently profitable) is the psychological element. Risk management is crucial too. TA is 20% I guess

2 Likes

:thanks:
@Dre_Trader, thank you very much for the link! I’m always a student. :thinking::blush:

1 Like

I agree. Study and practice, practice and study, that’s how one improves their trading. There are no shortcuts.

3 Likes

Hi Renrea

I think like mastering any skill you need to learn, practice, review, persistence.

So:
Learn by reading widely, listening to trading podcasts and watching youtube
Practice by having a demo account or starting slowly with a live account
Review by recording your trades - how is it setting up, how do you expect it go, how did it go?
Persistence by doing it over and over again and being disciplined about how you trade. Your emotions are going to go wild when trading so the last step is really vital. I am guessing that your results have gone south when you held onto something for too long or bought in when you felt FOMO…

And like anyone if you wanna get really go or go-pro get a coach. I am learning from Rob Booker, who I found through YouTube - he is an absolute legend.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqm0C4tjIbdIJQH7Em5GStg

2 Likes

I also started recording myself do an analysis on a pair, so at the end of the day I just listen to myself. Recordings help a lottt, along with printing out screenshots of your winning/losing trades and just going through them constantly.

I’ve listened, watched, and read (several times over) all of VP’s material, and my last 15 days have been turned on its end. VP is stellar and ask for nothing in return. I’m now building my own trading Algorithm based on realistic expectations and solid fundamental core principles. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction Dr Dre…

Hi NaturalTrader…there is a forum on Discord that follows VP and are testing all the necessary indicators and sharing knowledge…go get it! Discord
Cheers mate…Dre

To work systemically, it is necessary to work with program blocks. Namely with the indicators. If you start drawing lines with your hands, it will be subjective. This is a method rather than a trading system. A real trading system is ideally a trading robot.

It occurred to me that I should point out that whatever your age, whatever your resources, trading takes a while to learn. It requires time, effort, patience, often a lot of stress. Those things don’t change with age. If you think you have the time and the energy to learn, then go for it.

if it’s something a person truly wants, then they’ll make the time for it. That goes for anything

Sometimes people have responsibilities that are more important than what they want. It really depends on a person’s individual situation.