At this point of your trading career, what do you fear most?

I’ve been busy for a couple of weeks and was not able to practice demo trading. I feel I need a lot of catching up to do. I fear that I may have lost any momentum I had after being in hiatus for a while. I don’t know where to start again or how to continue where I left off. :confused:

1 Like

Hey baemax…
This is what I think.
First off, I seriously don’t think you should be putting yourself under the burden of any kind of time constraint, in your learning career. I think that’s undue pressure. We know that there’s other more important issues to be dealt with, within themselves. Think about that. When you can do this, then that’s the time it should be done.

And also, how do you know that your brain didn’t need that time off, from it? I don’t know…maybe that way you were going about it, and doing it, wasn’t the right way (or the best way)? And you somehow should have needed this break? It’s possible, right?

In any case, the things we need to do in life, and end up doing, is what’s most important to us. And we shouldn’t feel bad about that (unless the root cause was laziness, which doesn’t seem to be your issue).

If you have the drive, and when you can get around to it, then that’s the time that you should be doing this. Don’t feel that you should be having to catch up.

Now, in regards to what you should be doing now. I think this is the perfect time for you to take a different view of the market. Shake it up a little. Maybe just do some reading. Something could jump out at you that you didn’t see before.

Look. We all need a reset at times. In fact, I truly believe that it’s necessary. Our brains, the subconscious part, sometimes knows things that our conscious part doesn’t. And it’ll usually be the time that when we step back, then come back to it, is when we get that realization that we should be doing it another way. Or some tweak of the way we were doing it. Know what I mean?

So…don’t be so hard on yourself.

Come back in with a fresh look, mind.

Don’t be afraid to try something different.

But, most importantly, focus on learning.

• Learn something about the market.
  • Learn something about how you like to trade.
  • Learn a characteristic about yourself, psychologically speaking.
  • Learn what it means to become a trader.

As long as you are learning something, and I mean, truly learning something, then you will be ok and on your way.

Hope this (nonsense) helps.
:slight_smile:

Mike

13 Likes

Point of trading career: “Pre-re-entry stage”

I started my trading career (day-trading,discretionary scalping) one year ago, at first two months more gambling than trading with 350 EUR and making a lot of experience (also bad experience with a broker who did not like my scalping:thinking::), changing the broker and now successfully working again on demo, soon ready for "the real battle"again:rofl:

Honestly speaking I fear most technical problems during the closing-as i am testing actually on a demo account, everything is working well, i make nice profits and no problems with fast closing.

But i fear again technical problems in certain situations (as it happend in april with another broker, i closed after that incident than my account) .It was not real money, but it was bonus money: i entered a long position right after news release when the price makes roller-coaster, i was right with the direction, and in a sudden i lost connection and the screen was frozen, no visible price movements for 10 minutes-could not close the trade, and there was no time to set TP or SL. At the end the trade was closed in loss automatically. OK, after some written complaints and screenshots they gave me the money for this trade back, but such things can cause in reality a lot of trouble because you never know if you get back the money or how long it will take.

So i fear most such technical problems.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike! That is no nonsense and it helps a lot.

Reading through your comment, I saw a different perspective, a refreshing one. I needed that break. I feel more interested to learn. Especially this one “Learn something about how you like to trade.” It inspires me to check out different style by different traders, apply them and see which one I am comfortable with and hopefully create my own style. Wow! Thanks again!!

2 Likes

Not being able to make it. Some days go good I feel like I learned something and all, and other days are just miserable. One thing I would say, I haven’t seen so much scammy thing in other fields as I have in stuff related to forex, I am major in CS and there are so many good resources of it out there, I was learning guitar and so much good stuff out there. Not even related to courses and stuff, just finding a mentor and getting to know them and learn from them is much much easier in those fields than in forex.

All these people are for some reason afraid to show their trading history, a simple request for myfxbook link becomes into a huge rant about how it’s unnecessary and I should trust them as is. I have seen this done by most people on youtube and many others. It’s such a sad state of things. I believe anyone who claims anything should be able to show their trading history, after all, we don’t hire someone as a fitness trainer without some experience in gym or related degrees.

This scammy forex environment is making my head spin.

2 Likes

Do you mean like you ask the people who want to be your mentor these things and they don’t give it to you? Also, where do you look for these people?

So far I haven’t found anyone who seems legit to me. All the online people, especially who are selling some kind of mentorship or one-on-one teaching are just doing that, selling their course. Because they have literally very little proof other than the analysis they present and I have asked several people like that who are selling up to $1000 courses about proof of their trading history and none of them provide it and end the chat with a “all the proof is available on our channel/page”.

1 Like

Yeah I’d be wary too. Although how do you find them? Google search? Or are they here on the forums? Social media? (Actually scrap the babypips forums, they typically get thrown out here by other forum members lol. Plus I don’t think they’re allowed here.)

Youtube, Facebook, and yes general google searches too. I have a few friends who join all kinds of paid signal groups (I am against it but can’t stop them) so I get to know some of these people from there too. Like I said before, if you are looking to learn guitar you can judge a person’s ability by how they play it but in trading we have somehow normalized it to not show the trading experience and history especially if they selling something or trying to act as a teacher. Anyone can make any kind of bullshit and call it some profound thing in this niche.

1 Like

Al Brooks does not give results however I have been using his system and my trading has dramaticly improved.

Oh my gosh. :frowning: This is very timely, I guess? :sweat: :frowning: I really feel you.

Tbh, I haven’t really reached much. I’m not yet a professional trader, and I don’t exactly have a “career” in trading yet. But I’ve been trying. :frowning: I guess at this point, I’m scared of going back to square 1 and having all my efforts just not amount to anything. :frowning: It’s so frustrating!

3 Likes

I think MikeW gives good caring advice here. I am also still learning, doing the School of Pipsology and rumaging through the forum, and I have not even opened a demo yet. I feel there is no point until i have made more progress building a suitable strategy and THEN I will put it to the test and adjust many times no doubt. But when my studying goes at snail pace or even stops for a few days because of lack of time or unavoidable commitments, I know that I am still learning internally (I think of this stuff constantly, even in dreams!), processing and digesting… you don’t want to rush your digestion do you? IMHO rushing can only bring faulty diligence and I’ve learned enough so far to have an idea of where that would lead. Learning is not just reading and memorizing, it’s a lot of letting time do its thing, just like learning to walk, talk, read, count, love… best wishes…

4 Likes

picture speaks volumes. Keep on going, you aren’t starting over because I’m sure you already learned a lot, you know more than all of the newbie traders just starting out so keep pushing

3 Likes

Running out of free margin.

Try cuebanks. Look him up on Instagram. He is legit

1 Like

How do you know he’s legit?

just look at his IG lol trust me, he knows what he’s doing

1 Like

Keep going family, one day all this sacrifice and hours of looking at the charts will pay off.

2 Likes

thanks for this! We will win as long as we never quit lol

At this point in your trading career, fear is one thing that you must not allow to bring you down. Let your success be affected by stumbling blocks from the outside environment like current news issues, but not from within you. Work on gaining your confidence back, learn winning strategies and set out on a new journey to successful trading.

1 Like