Attempting a strategy with $50

Hey everyone, I’m new to babypips community, but I went through the educational courses quite a few times before making an account. (I’m not an expert, I’m still trying to learn the best I can. I read through quite a bit of FX Pdf’s, videos, a couple Audio-books scam videos, looked for concept clues from YT Forex traders, I even e-mailed a couple traders from their YT videos, but I still have a lot to learn.) I’m honestly someone that is desperately trying to get out of the red zone,learn more, whatever it takes to get better.

I’ve been trading for a couple years now, and I’ve been testing out a strategy on demo for a few weeks, and everything seems legit. My only concern is sense it was a $10000 demo account, how would I convert it to a $50 live account for risk management. I always see risk 2%, but the strategy uses 4 hour - Daily Time Frame, which usually means 1/5 - 1/6 per stop loss (Being $10 - $11 loss for a 0.01 micro lot). My Risk to Reward is 1 - 1, so I essentially seem to have 5 tries, then so on and so on. A part of me wants to try to flip the account to $100 so I can have some more room to trade openly, but another part of me wants to just stay the 1/5 -1/6 course, and just moderately make my way to $100 for more room.

So by all means, give me a lecture, send me some feedback, give some advice, constructive criticism, share your experience about trading, send a paragraph, I just want to get better.

We would need to know more about your trading plan but in general terms I would say this. What worked in demo should work with a live account. With one very big qualifying statement. Certain aspects are not the same in demo vs live. Some examples are, fills and human emotion once real money is at risk.

In that case you can open a cent account. There are many brokers that offer cents account. With 50$ your cent account balance would be 5000 cents. It will help you to convert your 10k demo account risk strategy to live account. Hope it helps.

1 Like