Audio illusion -- Yanny or Laurel?

I tried this several times, and there’s only one word that I can hear, no matter what I do with my speakers. I won’t tell you what I’m hearing, so as not to influence anyone else who wants to try this.

So, which word do you hear, when you play this clip ? ----

This explanation was no help, at all.

2 Likes

Same. I keep hearing Yanny. Haha.

How about this one? This drove me insane, too!

I keep hearing Green Storm. Thinking about the correct words doesn’t help.

What’s that supposed to mean? That I’m conflicted?

It means you need to get out on a Sunday and enjoy yourself :wink: - Ironic coming from me as I type this!

This sounds fun! :smiley: Haha. :slight_smile: I also tried listening to it and I can hear both? Hmm. :thinking:

OMG hahahha! It combined it for you! That is interesting! I can hear both Green Needle and Brainstorm (depending on what I think of) but not combined like yours. That’s actually pretty amazing haha. My friends can only hear Green Needle even if they keep thinking about Brainstorm.[quote=“ria_rose, post:5, topic:150548”]

I also tried listening to it and I can hear both? Hmm.
[/quote]

Did you try asking your friends? I’ve been that person going around forcing people to listen to Yanny/Laurel and Green Needle/Brainstorm lol.

1 Like

For the first one, I keep hearing Laurel. The second one, I’m hearing Brainstorm and Green Storm. I can’t hear Green Needle even if I keep thinking about it. :tired_face:

I don’t suppose there’s a Broker/Scammer or Trader/Loser version for forex?

1 Like

No.

But, we’re working on the ULTIMATE FOREX INDICATOR.

When you download it and apply it to your charts, it tells you how to trade each pair.

It says either LONG LONG LONG LONG, or SHORT SHORT SHORT SHORT.

Just do whatever it says, and you’ll be rich in no time.

Or not.

3 Likes

I hear only Laurel and there’s that. I don’t even get how it turns into Yanny for some people. :confused:

@mlawson71 its down to frequency levels, and some of us are more susceptible to high frequency noise and others to low frequency.
I only hear “yanny”, not even a hint of laurel.

1 Like

Actually, I’m just one of the people being forced by that friend in our group to listen to these. :stuck_out_tongue: Hahaha. I woke up to so many messages about this on our group chat! :joy:

1 Like

That makes sense. It’s a fun phenomenon either way. :smiley:

Haha for the first one I hear very clearly Laurel, not a clue for Yanny. And for the second I hear Green Storm :smiley: Very strange indeed.
@eddieb Do you have any idea if this means that I’m susceptible to high frequency noise or to low frequency?

I think the Yanny-hearing people are the high frequency ones, but I could be wrong.