Automated order entry?

I’m wondering if an EA can do something for me. I fully expect it can, I just don’t know for sure, or how to set it up.

I don’t want an EA to do my trading FOR me. What I want is a way to automate my order entry.

Say I decide I want to buy 2 units of ABC/XYZ. I want a Buy order of two units at 1.2500. I want a Stop Loss of two units at 1.2475, and I want a Sell order at two units at 1.2575. I want the Buy to be a Limit order, and I want the Stop Loss & Sell orders to be One Cancels Other.

Is there a way program this, so all I have to do it enter the numbers and click “Trade”?

If so, can the EA monitor my trade, so that if I reach my T1 price it sells 1 unit, cancels my initial Stop Loss, sets a new Stop Loss of 1 unit 1.2525, and sets a T2 Sell order of 1 unit at 1.2650 (Stop Loss & Sell orders each One Cancels Other)?

I don’t want the EA picking any numbers for me, just automating the order entry off of number I input and, if possible, monitoring & adjusting the trade as it progresses.

If the answer is “yes” then how hard it it to set up? I’ve never done any “real” programming before. I wrote some BASIC programs AGES ago. I was a fair hand with batch files back in the MS-DOS day, and I’ve done some simple BASH scripting. Is the MT4 EA language much harder than that?

It’s seems like what you may be looking to do calls for a script rather than an EA.

Scripts are “one hit” pieces of code - usually. The idea is that you drop a script on a chart, it does it’s work and that’s it.

source: what is Expert Advisor, Indicator or Script - Trading Systems - 5 May 2015 - Traders' Blogs