Average daily pip ranges

ive calculated the average daily pip range for the last 180 days for some major pairs, thought i would share.

GBP/JPY = 268.14
GBP/CHF = 177.03
GBP/USD = 137.15
USD/JPY =107.24
EUR/USD = 91.39
USD/CHF = 88.77

If there’s a pair you want me to add just let me know

hmmmm… thanks for posting…

and now i’m going to go pull up a GBP/JPY chart!

Update… KAIGEN - I LOVE YOU! HOLY GOD ITS LIKE THE COMBINATION TO FORT KNOX IN THOSE CHARTS!!!

There was friggin 200 pips EASY on friday… signals are clear as hell!!!

Just gotta figure out what the spreads are on this bad boy…

yeah, its my favorite pair…once you catch a move. your pretty much good for 150+ pips

Not sure what you mean by calculated them. Just plot the ATR which on MT4 at the moment for GU at 180 is 123. Its worth having some version of this plotted at all times to give you a formal figure for what you can see happening. I usually use a 21 which gives a reasonably smooth plot and as you can see the ATR is contracting at the moment in the shorter timeframe. In mid last year it dropped to 63 which makes a big difference to trading if you are after trends

I took the high and low each day for 180 days and averaged it.

the only reason why i did this is to help with trade management( so i can ascertain whats a reasonable stop loss and profit target on any pair.

I dont know what the ATR indicator does

Thats my point. Essentially thats what the ATR (Average True Range) is. In calculation it makes some allowances for gaps but there is certainly no need to go hand calculating this

Hello,
Quick question for you tonymand.I have noticed the GBP/JYP seems to trend quite nicely.I know the spread is steeper but the movement and trendiness quality seems quite worth it.I was wanting your opinoin on this pair.I went live this week…and I have noticed things I have never noticed before…trading your hard earned money will do this to a person.But my opinion is that the spread amount is worth the moves it produces.What do you think?..thanks again for your help always appreciated…By the way I am only 8 pips positive for my very first week live,may not be alot BUT I am taking it slow,and at least I am not in negative territory!!I really love this stuff:)

oh nice i see how it works now…thanks

I have to say kagein I love that avater!!!

yeah it made me laugh when i first saw it:D

Anything positive is good especially when you are starting out! Congrats on moving to a live account, now the real learning and fun begins. Glad you love it, thats probably an essential ingredient. Yes the yen crosses have been fabulous the last 6 months or so just dont reign them in too tightly on your stop as they are very volatile. You should be able to get a 4-6 pip spread (the latter on Oanda for instance) and its a profitable pair and will remain so while the carry trade issues are in focus